Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:30 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You can't win with some people. Post a nice story about somebody helping a child and all you get is negative feedback. Talk about a bunch of "Negative Nancy's".
How about posting some real news or current events?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 03:45 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
I know 4 really good Police Offices that never had to beat a civilian. They all my family members and im proud of them

Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 PM

560 posts, read 1,130,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The OP starts these threads and then complains whenever there's negative press about Police.

Make up your mind.

Stop saying other people have an agenda when your doing the exact same thing. Your here to debate just like everybody else. Not to Police. Which it seems like you do very little of since your on here 24/7.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
How about posting some real news or current events?
It was a news story. I didn't post it, just commented on it. Sorry your anti-cop, victim agenda isn't what this thread is about.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
I do find it interesting that the "all cops are evil racists" crowd hasn't or won't take a picture like this and do something like putting a caption over the top of it saying "This" with another picture of something like Rodney King saying "instead of this".
That is a valid statement and one I'd have no problem supporting as I'm sure all good cops/citizens would agree. I'm sure there's plenty of "good cop" stories,video,pictures just as there's the "bad cop" ones that this could be done with.
How 'bout we show BOTH sides of a story?????
I guess that wouldn't fit their agenda that ALL cops are evil/power hungry/storm troopers though...

Old 04-25-2015, 10:15 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
There are lots of good people (in all job capacities) doing good things all over the world and get no "fanfare". This doesn't mean that highlighting the bad things bad people do and calling for corrective actions mean there is anti-[insert role] agenda.
Exactly, and what the OP doesn't get titling this thread with the "no fanfare" comment, there most certainly is fanfare here. It's a news story, hence fanfare.

Of course the OP calls anyone who comments on bad behavior by the police a "hater", like a 15yr old girl who gets mad at someone who doesn't like Taylor Swift.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
I love stories like this. In the small town where I raised my son - this is how I think of the police.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:57 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I do find it interesting that the "all cops are evil racists" crowd hasn't or won't take a picture like this and do something like putting a caption over the top of it saying "This" with another picture of something like Rodney King saying "instead of this".
That is a valid statement and one I'd have no problem supporting as I'm sure all good cops/citizens would agree. I'm sure there's plenty of "good cop" stories,video,pictures just as there's the "bad cop" ones that this could be done with.
How 'bout we show BOTH sides of a story?????
I guess that wouldn't fit their agenda that ALL cops are evil/power hungry/storm troopers though...
Well, it certainly wouldn't be any fun, now, would it?

Which is pretty much, I think, why the backlash against those who try to show some balance by posting cops as anything other than evil/power hungry/storm troopers, because, well, what fun is THAT??? MUCH more fun to paint all cops as bad and highlight any examples of that and try to banish any countering evidence, rather than approving of examples of what cops SHOULD all be doing.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:34 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
The problem at least from what I've read is that 'good cops' have to put up with a lot of 'bad cops' getting promoted to positions higher than themselves and if they try to confront the bad cops they can have their careers ruined.. at least this is the impression I get when I read through the lines on the internet.

No different that other professions where you sleep/gossip your way to the top where the most incompetent, sleazy people end up with middle management jobs based on being buddies, part of the 'clique' etc....

In any case nice work, officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events