Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 05:21 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,090,317 times

Advertisements

More the norm than the exception.. this is what it means to serve.. way to go 'bro.... doughnut for you from the west coast,,opps its California.. it will be a bagel.. or a ten dollar designer muffin

Bridgeport police officer stops to help fix child’s bike | WTNH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 02:05 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,860,246 times
Wow a 2nd GOOD police thread I have read tonight!!

Excellent.......

Old 04-24-2015, 02:13 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,285,265 times
Well. .... um.... isn't this kinda "fanfare?"

Old 04-24-2015, 04:10 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,352,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
More the norm than the exception.. this is what it means to serve.. way to go 'bro.... doughnut for you from the west coast,,opps its California.. it will be a bagel.. or a ten dollar designer muffin

Bridgeport police officer stops to help fix child’s bike | WTNH
So while this hero was busy with his little PR mission who was patrolling his designated area?

Old 04-24-2015, 06:52 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,946,866 times
" He doesn’t think he did anything extraordinary. But I disagree. The picture speaks for itself. And, I’ll leave it up to others in our community and beyond to decide for themselves.”

WOW-How'd they get a picture of it with no camera or fanfare?

Amazing!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:56 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,352,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
" He doesn’t think he did anything extraordinary. But I disagree. The picture speaks for itself. And, I’ll leave it up to others in our community and beyond to decide for themselves.”

Amazing!
Good point

Pure comedy gold. Thanks for this post. For some reason I missed that.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:30 AM

19,825 posts, read 9,387,493 times
What a nice story to start my day!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:36 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,016,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So while this hero was busy with his little PR mission who was patrolling his designated area?
"He" was, If something required his immediate response he would have left the bike, and the little boy, and gone on the call, he was 20' from his car, had a radio on him.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:58 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,427,996 times
Quote:
Long ago I had a boyfriend who lived in a relatively upscale area. He also had sports cars and motorcycles. The police would often stop by to talk bikes or cars for a while. Result: the police were considered friends, part of the community, and there was no hesitation in calling them if anyone saw something untoward.

Long, LONG ago the police used to walk beats (don't know if they still do) and make a point of getting to know the people in their "designated area". That can be just as much a part of the job as driving around looking for bad guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

Amazing!
Well, that's simple - the photo was clearly taken out the window of a second story of the home whose yard it is. Probably the kid's Mom or Dad looked out the window and saw what was going on and grabbed their phone and took a shot.

Edit: I read the article again and noted this:

"Unbeknownst to Remy, a resident of the complex noticed his act of kindness, and took a picture."

Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times
Quote:
No agenda here. Nope. Un uh. No way!

Where we last live they instituted POP - Problem Oriented Policing. A POP officer was assigned a patrol area and made it a point to have meetings with residents, get to know the businesses and usually gave out his cell phone number so he could be called directly if help was needed. They also got to know the resident bad guys. Crime rates decreased and residents felt more secure but sadly, the department discontinued the practice pleading budgetary issues. Predictably, crime went back up and has stayed there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events