Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 05:22 PM

241 posts, read 359,944 times

Advertisements

LOL! Unless it caters to gay men then its not going to last very long. As for me, no thanks, I find the idea so tacky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 05:40 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
This will be an epic fail with self-respecting females. Our fight for equality rages on, but this really isn't what we had in mind. The only wiener we want to see in a restaurant is the one on our plate. More power to the owners, but most of us will dine elsewhere.

This is bound to become a hangout for young, giggling, ogling gay males. Straight employees will eventually quit. Gays will replace them. Before long this Hooters will be equated with the gay bath houses. I don't think the owner has thought this through, but greed and profit tends to cloud the vision.
You mean the American dream, right? Anyway, who cares if Tallywackers ends up being a gay male hangout? I think it will be a successful endeavor no matter even if it is. Or is it's mixed gay male/straight female crowd, that's good too. Living in Texas, I know there is a serious shortage of male eye candy, (and female eye candy, for that matter). Although many people don't care, those who want to see some hotties in a thong while eating mediocre food can get their kicks at Tallywackers, just like they've been doing at Hooters forever.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:47 PM

613 posts, read 463,087 times
About time! Hahaha But seriously, what's up with that name? Did they really have to include "wackers?"

Too bad they aren't opening a branch in nyc yet.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:53 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
So is this place catering to women or homosexual men? My guess it will be much more popular with the latter than women.
Probably, or it will close in less than 2 years.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,255,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
. Although many people don't care, those who want to see some hotties in a thong while eating mediocre food can get their kicks at Tallywackers, just like they've been doing at Hooters forever.
The businessman here is betting that it will be a success, and maybe he's right.

But I don't know, women and men are quite different so I won't guess if the fairer sex will take to this.

Gay guys probably will, however, and if the owner tries to hire young gay guys for the job, he might be very successful. The last thing a straight young man wants is for gay guys to be ogling them, and they might not stick around that long.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:20 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,127,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
The last thing a straight young man wants is for gay guys to be ogling them, and they might not stick around that long.
You might be surprised... Know of a couple of young straight college guys who danced for a bit at gay clubs because apparently the money is quite good.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:44 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You might be surprised... Know of a couple of young straight college guys who danced for a bit at gay clubs because apparently the money is quite good.
I think you might be surprised to find that you know a couple of young college guys who aren't as straight as they'd led you to believe.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:01 PM

241 posts, read 359,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I think you might be surprised to find that you know a couple of young college guys who aren't as straight as they'd led you to believe.
Actually there are quite a lot of straight men who work as strippers in mainly gay clubs. My ex bf being one of them, from what he told me his strip joint mainly targeted gay men since they seem to have more money and tipped a lot more. They also frequent strip clubs more often.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:10 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
Eh yea a lil bit. I can think of one or two establishments here in California but none so straight forward. Alhough I am sure I will never visit Texas but I am sure the food at this place wont be worth going to frequently and its not like I am expecting to much 'excitement' out of this place to begin with. So meh. Im just saying I know one of the guys who is on the front of that promotion flyer and hes no bore.
None of that justifies you expressing prejudice toward someplace you've never visited.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,954,275 times
I'd go check it out. I've got nothing against looking at half naked men... Gay or straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events