Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:05 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
Actually there are quite a lot of straight men who work as strippers in mainly gay clubs. My ex bf being one of them
Now we know why he's your ex-bf...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:09 PM

241 posts, read 359,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Now we know why he's your ex-bf...
Lol! Honestly though, he was just a college kid trying to make few extra bucks. I guess..

Old 04-28-2015, 11:01 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
The last thing a straight young man wants is for gay guys to be ogling them, and they might not stick around that long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You might be surprised... Know of a couple of young straight college guys who danced for a bit at gay clubs because apparently the money is quite good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
Actually there are quite a lot of straight men who work as strippers in mainly gay clubs. My ex bf being one of them, from what he told me his strip joint mainly targeted gay men since they seem to have more money and tipped a lot more. They also frequent strip clubs more often.
I'm a masculine 20-something gay male who'd love to patronize a place like this. Other than when the Carnegie Mellon University cross-country team runs by me shirtless as I swoon on the sidewalk on a warm day I don't really get too close to a guy with a six-pack (and I'm not talking about Miller Lite! LOL!)

I have straight male friends who have accompanied me to gay bars before as "wing men" to chat up hot girls who'd often come to the bar with other more flamboyant/effeminate gay guys. As was said above in another reply there are a lot of good-looking females that absolutely love hanging around gay guys, and we do a pretty good job sometimes of getting them primed up and ready to pounce on our straight male friends!

Also, as a delivery driver I can safely substantiate the claim that gay males tend to be above-average tippers. If I was a straight dude trying to pay for college and gifts for my girlfriend I'd have no trouble being a server in a place like this and making more tip money than I'd make at most other restaurants. It's not like the gay guys are going to be feeling me up, and I'd personally think it would be a good ego boost to have other guys complimenting my appearance all day at work. I remember when in high school (still in the closet) I was in the locker room once changing and a straight dude said "Whoa, dude! Nice abs!" to me back in the days in which I was still in good shape! Haha! I was on such a high emotionally from that compliment for quite some time. Why would a straight guy NOT want to make more money while receiving compliments on his appearance all day? Sounds like a dream job to me!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:48 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,367 times
I really think the proper response to this is... "OK."

I see no reason for it not to exist, if there is a market for it, go for it. There was a market for Hooters obviously, it's still around. If there are people who want it, they will go, and it will be successful. If there isn't, they won't go, and it will close.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:45 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,597 times
I still say the name should be subtle, not blatant. Simpsons paved the way. (Let's see who figured it out.)

Old 04-29-2015, 10:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Thumbs down Dallas

Well, now...

Them Dallas boys always has been a mite light in th' loafers.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:18 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Them Dallas boys always has been a mite light in th' loafers.
Don't be talking 'bout the Cowboys that way...

Old 04-30-2015, 06:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Thought they was th' Cowpies...

Old 06-01-2015, 09:59 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,485,120 times
This place has been really busy. I went in last night. The crowd seemed to mainly be straight. I saw a couple leaving with a baby at the valet booth when I first got there.

The guys working were mainly straight as well. The staff is pretty diverse. The food looked good, but I just stayed for one drink at the bar, and then headed out. I'll probably come again to try the food when it's not as crowded. I wish the bar area was laid out differently, and I know it's very "Dallas" to have valet parking, but it doesn't really seem necessary here.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:07 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
reading some posts wondering how many of you are females? and will it fail because husbands wont stand for it? the Chippendale tour came over seas at Ft Davis -- female only-- OMG there were more fights broke out that weekend- husbands were sooooo upset LOL - I think it will be fine-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events