Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:44 AM

625 posts, read 624,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My point is that there are celebrities going through gender change before. If Bruce Jenner was unrelated to the Kardashians, you probably get the back pages. Because he is, we are bombarded with the story on all streams of media.

I actually thought the story was interesting initially until I learned that he was involved in an auto accident that he caused a woman to get killed and I would like some updates about that case and so far it has been hid away by the media. So his transgender story was bigger than the accident in which a woman was killed because of him.

How can someone claim innocence when he rammed his big SUV into that innocent woman from behind and cause her to get crushed about a hummer. (talk about a sad way to die)
What does the car accident have to do with his gender change? NOTHING. The authorities are investigating and will take action as needed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2171873
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 11:44 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
You don't get it. I have no problem with people wanting to change their sex, it's their body and their life, and what they do with either has no impact on my life at all. What I don't care for is the media making such a freak show of it all over the place. Why can't they just shut up and leave those people alone? No, they can't do that, they want to make money on it!

Do you really think the freak-show they are making of Bruce Jenner is helping transgendered people at all? Get real!
Um, you stated you think he let the media talk him into it so they could all make money. Oh, excuse me, not him, I mean "those people". The fact you think it means throwing on a wig and a bit of lippy indicates you don't have a clue.

I doubt Diane Sawyer was in on that little conspiracy theory, and if you think someone would go through all this just to make a bit of cash you're delusional.

He can tell his story just as anyone else who has something of interest to tell. I don't care for the paparazzi aspect but he's familiar with the dance, he's been doing it most of his life. He can deal. He doesn't need you to stuck up for him.

Some transgendered will hate it and some will be helped. But it's not your life and not your call.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Well I'm just so sorry that I've failed to march in lockstep with your politics, and I'm sorry if the world is not treating you well, and I *hope* you have a better day tomorrow
What? I never said you have to march to my politics, that is what makes the world go around. You were insulting by calling it a freak show. That's personal, not politics.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:49 AM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
From the some of the nasty, hateful comments here I can understand why he waited, why he was afraid. He knew he'd be in the spotlight, if not because of the Kardashians because of his Olympic career. He couldn't win.

I applaud his courage. No one would do this for kicks or publicity. And as we're now discovering he had been struggling with his gender since childhood and has been taking hormones and preparing for transition for many years. Not on a whim, not for the heck of it, especially knowing the hatred that would be spewed.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:51 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
[quote=amylewis;39388246]Why is it news? I was wondering about that at Walmart today, where it was plastered all over the tabloids at the checkouts. Pah! Like I give a flat flip what he does with his body and his life! I found myself wondering if the media didn't talk him into that crap just so they could have a bunch of dirty laundry to air to the country and make money on. "Here Bruce, just wear this wig and a little makeup and we'll pay you all this money."

It could all very well be totally made up and a crock of equine effluent for all we know. They probably even staged the car accident, I would not put it past them.

What a lot of BS, and I have no time for it.[/quote]

You sure found time to post on it.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
I completely support Bruce Jenner's right to have his privates removed and the opposing set installed as replacement. More power to him if it makes him happy.

But is it national/international news worthy of a global news broadcast. Hmm. I don't think so. The tragedy in Nepal/Mt. Everest is news. Bruce Jenner not wanting his tallywhacker anymore isn't.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:04 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I completely support Bruce Jenner's right to have his privates removed and the opposing set installed as replacement. More power to him if it makes him happy.

But is it national/international news worthy of a global news broadcast. Hmm. I don't think so. The tragedy in Nepal/Mt. Everest is news. Bruce Jenner not wanting his tallywhacker anymore isn't.
Meh, I disagree. People are still extremely misinformed when it comes to transgendered people. I think it is indeed news. News doesn't have to just consist of politics and disaster coverage. It's interesting to get a perspective directly from the source, and from an American superstar athlete, no less.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:11 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,486 times
I'm wondering how long it will be before he, Kris, or the Kardasian sisters will come out with a new fashion design that is aimed at men who like to wear dresses !

Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 PM

20 posts, read 17,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Boy, he sure makes one ugly woman !

Don

Old 04-27-2015, 02:12 PM

20 posts, read 17,464 times
You people are soo funny, I needed this.

Thanks....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events