Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 12:58 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I am one of those who wasn't aware. I'm not surprised that Muslims can be accomplished people. Its what they're accomplished at that concerns me. I think this businesswoman was entirely within her rights to refuse service to suspicious individuals.

I'm also not surprised that the Obama administration, and the possible future new Clinton administration (if it should come to pass) have chosen appeasement of Islam as their policy in the Middle East. To be fair, support of Israel has not done much for the US in recent years, and it is arguably a justifiable political strategy to try something different. Problem is, the people we're dealing with will never be appeased -- they are not going to suddenly become tolerant of Western society and Western influence in their countries. They will never accept the Israeli presence. I firmly believe that even the most "moderate" Muslims secretly cheer at every perceived triumph of Islam over the West, even as they publicly condemn violence.

The left tends to view the right's attitude towards Muslims as bigotry and discrimination. The right views the left as hopelessly naïve sheep being led to the slaughter. Some of us in the middle -- good Americans all -- are aware that discrimination should not be tolerated under our Constitution, but also know that not everyone in the world shares our vision for human harmony and equality, and have no desire to sacrifice ourselves at the altar of PC.

Really? Do you lean liberal or conservative from your middle detent? If it is a justifiable strategy why are we at war with nations of Islam?

I would back away from that altar. You may not want to be sacrificed but lean against it as if it were a bar..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Sometimes laws have to be created to keep white supremacy in check. The free market doesn't self-regulate in this type of scenario. We've been through this rodeo and we all understand what the outcome will be...

Wow, RACIST much?

Why don't you explain, in depth, what you really want to say?

Maybe you don't know how to dress for a rodeo.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:56 PM

687 posts, read 915,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Because blacks, Hispanics, and Jews didn't kill thousands of Americans during 9/11, the USS Cole bombing, the 1993 WTC attack, and Benghazi.
You're right, blacks and hispanics didn't kill 3,000 people in the WTC buildings on 9/11. Those murders are on Mossad hands.

And forget about the USS Cole for a second, which no one doubts was an act of Yemeni terrorism, but what about the USS Liberty? When Israelis are machine-gunning our sailors in life-rafts I call that a war crime! Most Americans have no idea this happened. Most Americans have no idea they tried to drag us into a war with Egypt by deliberately bombing one of our naval vessels (and that's the official record/report!), just as was done with Iraq and is being attempted with Iran.

Yet tens of millions of Americans will support the Israeli apartheid regime to the bitter end, and the vast majority don't even know why other than because that's what they've been told to support tens of thousands of times through the media and other channels. Oh, and even a hint of criticizing their policies gets an accusation of, what's that....anti-semuhtizm hurp durp.

Oh, and Iraq war vet here, also against radical Islam (before anyone throws out the old: "well if you don't support Israel then you must be an Islamic tuurrurust hurp durp"). Yep, not everything is an all-or-nothing issue, black & white, red versus blue, up or down, etc. Sometimes it's ok to reject the actions and mentalities of both sides.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:15 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
You're right, blacks and hispanics didn't kill 3,000 people in the WTC buildings on 9/11. Those murders are on Mossad hands.
(backs away slowly from the psychopath)....

Quote:
but what about the USS Liberty? When Israelis are machine-gunning our sailors in life-rafts I call that a war crime! Most Americans have no idea this happened. Most Americans have no idea they tried to drag us into a war with Egypt by deliberately bombing one of our naval vessels (and that's the official record/report!), just as was done with Iraq and is being attempted with Iran.
Are we going to repeat this lunacy again? Accidents in the fog of war are just that. No, Israel would not deliberately bite the hand that fed it.

As for war with Egypt in 1967, under the Nasser regime, they were anti-American as it was.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
Quote:

Are you off your meds?

Old 04-28-2015, 11:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Actuqall6y, what fair to say is that you may have an irony deficiency but take heart, it's fixable.
Between your grammar errors and failed attempts at explaining the irony with something that isn't ironic, it's hard to follow your post. Let me start off by quoting you directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Sheesh! Can you not see how ridiculous both posits are?
No I can't! “Inner-city radical angry blacks” (your words not mine), are not necessarily all criminals. Your classification is more of a stereotype than a description. It’s easy to cast something you know very little about and fear in a negative light. I get it. But to believe “keeping white supremacy in check” by using anti-discrimination laws is the same thing as legislating to reduce crime by targeting “all inner-city blacks” regardless of their criminal activity, you’re just plain wrong…

Old 04-28-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

Wow, RACIST much?

Why don't you explain, in depth, what you really want to say?

Maybe you don't know how to dress for a rodeo.
Drum roll please……. And here comes an opinion out of the peanut gallery.

Dude, what are you talking about? Do you even understand the definition of “racist”?

You want me to, “explain, in depth, what I really want to say?” Well here you go! White supremacy has been kept in check by two major pieces of federal legislation. 1.) the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 2.) The Voting Rights Act of 1965. Are you following me? If not I’ll make it a little more clear. This was my specific point! Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, or ethnic origin. These were major tools (and sometimes still are) used by white supremacists to disenfranchise blacks. The party you love so much, you know the one influenced by the church of Rush Limbaugh, is trying their best to dismantle what the opponents of white supremacy built…

Was this explanation clear enough for you?

Old 04-28-2015, 11:43 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,530,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
You know, we've all been brainwashed by this homophobic bakery stuff. I don't know of any bakeries, that refused to bake gay wedding cakes, that have gone out of business. This range owner probably won't go out of business, either.

People make the mistake of thinking that, unless you are PC, no one will patronize your business. They discount the fact that public backlash at being forced to be "PC", will actually bring more business to your door.

Watch while it happens before your eyes. The market speaks!
Nope, Did not happen in Portland Oregon. A Gresham bakery called Sweet Cakes would not make a wedding cake for a same sex couple. They are out of business and owe the couple $132,000. All the conservative donors in the world could not save their little bakery from progressive liberals out for blood. The owners were threatened and stalked and harassed relentlessly. They now run the business out of their home.

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/i...a_discrim.html

It could happen anywhere to any business if you get enough bored people on social media to "scream" loud enough and bring it to the attention of the right people with the right amount of money. The Oregonian claims 70% of people harassing Sweet Cakes on social media, did not live in Oregon or Washington.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Drum roll please……. And here comes an opinion out of the peanut gallery.

Dude, what are you talking about? Do you even understand the definition of “racist”?

You want me to, “explain, in depth, what I really want to say?” Well here you go! White supremacy has been kept in check by two major pieces of federal legislation. 1.) the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 2.) The Voting Rights Act of 1965. Are you following me? If not I’ll make it a little more clear. This was my specific point! Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, or ethnic origin. These were major tools (and sometimes still are) used by white supremacists to disenfranchise blacks. The party you love so much, you know the one influenced by the church of Rush Limbaugh, is trying their best to dismantle what the opponents of white supremacy built…

Was this explanation clear enough for you?
Yep....you are transparent as glass, peanut.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Yep....you are transparent as glass, peanut.
Yes I am transparent. Thanks for noticing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events