Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 09:16 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

What leads me to believe the charges were partially if not totally political in nature was the statements the S.A. made at the end of reading the charges and to a lesser point that she never indicated where or how the injuries happened as is usual.

Just so it's understood, what I mean by politically motivated I mean the depth and breadth of the charges are being used to shut down the rioting and mollify the public (saving the city money on policing) AND to lend cover to her should a jury find them not guilty with the inevitable "the jury has spoken".

There's now (last night) more information being stated by police officers that if true could seriously damage the states case.
If this information is proven true (toxicology results,probable cause for arrest) one would wonder why it hasn't been revealed sooner.
A 25 year old died, the forensic pathologist who conducted the autopsy concluded that his death was a homicide. There were only 6 people who had contact with him between the time he was detained and the time he ended up on life support an hour later. Those 6 were the police officers who were charged. Why don't you tell me what 'should' have happened? Do we give those 6 a pass for some reason?

And there WAS NO probable cause for the arrest, that has been proven. the knife was legal. And how are toxicology results going to provide probable cause? What in the name of God are you talking about? Do you think that all of a sudden it will be proven that Freddie Gray was under the influence of marijuana thus he deserved to die?

Last edited by 2sleepy; 05-02-2015 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 09:27 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,264 times
[quote=2sleepy;39457905]
Quote:

A 25 year old died, the forensic pathologist who conducted the autopsy concluded that his death was a homicide. There were only 6 people who had contact with him between the time he was detained and the time he ended up on life support an hour later. Those 6 were the police officers who were charged. Why don't you tell me what 'should' have happened? Do we give those 6 a pass for some reason?

And there WAS NO probable cause for the arrest, that has been proven. the knife was legal. And how are toxicology results going to provide probable cause? What in the name of God are you talking about? Do you think that all of a sudden it will be proven that Freddie Gray was under the influence of marijuana thus he deserved to die?

How did that quote become mine?

That's not my quote that's JimJ's.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:29 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
[quote=Amythyst;39458035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

How did that quote become mine?

That's not my quote that's JimJ's.
I just checked, my quote had his name followed by yours, I edited out your name and it posted correctly as JimJ's I have no idea why it did that

Old 05-02-2015, 09:31 AM

[quote=2sleepy;39457905]
Quote:

BBM

It appears me, FG might have been profiled due to his arrest record.

Once LE knows a person to be in and out of the system, I believe it makes them an easy target to constantly harass and hope they get them with a charge.

I also heard that the reason these officers stopped FG was due to this knife they allege was illegal but then it came out not till after they detained and searched FG did they see the knife.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:28 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Its the age old tactic of confusing the issue and generating smoke. If your guilty as heck, and have no valid defense, you "Demonize" the victim to justify killing him by trying to start a perception that he probably deserved killing for other things he did. All you have to do is make up something and leak it to the Media. We have already heard about a dozen or more false stories before the charges where filed. Pathetic.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:53 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Sounds like a lot of garbage coming out from all sides

Evidence.. vetted and proven.. lets see that

If the officers are found innocent would you accept that?

That question has been posed over and over by many news people... a lot of people are saying "no.. we wont... they are guilty"

Interesting....convictions already... hmmm

We saw the weight of Obamas "thugs" on Ferguson.. wonder what the weight for conviction will be here ? Does anyone think justice will be blind?

Obama wants full federal control of everything.. this is just another good crisis he will not waste...

Evidence.. not conjecture
Local control not Federalism

Old 05-02-2015, 03:57 PM

Why is our President mentioned?

Old 05-02-2015, 04:00 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Is there a rule that says someone can't mention President's name in this topic?

Old 05-02-2015, 04:01 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Obviously enough evidence exists to prove to the satisfaction of the prosecution that guilt exists. How does that differ any, notmeofficer, from almost all other arrests?

I doubt either of us reading a newspaper assume a civilian arrested for say, murder, is innocent. Despite it not reaching court yet.

PS: Notmeofficer, Did you worry about the weight on the Boston bomber's trial? How could he get a fair trial?

Old 05-02-2015, 04:01 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Because as OP it is my prerogative as the thread morphs...as it has... now... sit back and watch or add to the discussion

What happened to freddy grey has become a calling cry for change in our judicial system... as a part of that change Obama has already exerted Federal control over meany.. opps many... departments through lawsuits and charges of racism... which amazingly is also alleged here

Probable cause...?... we know what we are being told which is scant factual information ... I arrest using probable cause all the time... conviction is another matter.. by the time a case reaches trial so many avenues have been explored the original case seems to fall away

In this case there appears to be serious allegations of conflicts of interest dismissed by the prosecutor
We also see a drumbeat of wholly inappropriate "I hear you" junk out of the prosecutors mouth.... and the politicians certainly are poisoning any potential jury pool

Justice only hears the truth///

Comparing the Boston bomber to six policeman getting charged with murder is a stretch... one had clear evidence and one remaining suspect.. this case has six defendants...and lots of as yet un-vetted evidence through trail

Im not sure the charging was appropriate...it remains to be seen

You agree?

Thanks

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-02-2015 at 04:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events