Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
So a woman cannot accuse a perpetrator of rape because she had previously been arrested several times for prostitution?
not according to this bunch...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 08:41 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Ever notice how none of the "victims" at the hands of police are ever medical students, part of the church choir, members of the Peace Corp, or killed leaving a library?
What I find even more ridiculous is that people act genuinely surprised when one of these guys with a long, sordid history of antisocial behavior ends up on the wrong side of a police shooting.

My father always said it isn't very hard to make it through life without ending up in prison. I'd add that it is even easier to get through life and not get killed by the cops.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Given Freddie Gray's criminal history, it was very likely that he would be arrested again.

That in no way excuses irresponsibility, recklessness, or brutality by the police force. Do we really want a heavy handed, punitive police force? We are a civilized country with a system of laws in place for due process. Our police are there to protect that system and to protect the citizens of this country and of the cities that they serve - yes, even Freddie Gray.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:53 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
So a woman cannot accuse a perpetrator of rape because she had previously been arrested several times for prostitution?
Can a woman who's an Active prostitute have any credibility if she charges someone with rape?
You think a normal jury wouldn't think she was just PO'd because the guy stiffed her for the money and she yelled rape.

Got to consider the character and credibility of the accuser.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:46 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,695,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I have never been arrested. Not once. For anything.

Perhaps he's just a thug instead? Hmmm? Genius
Dude, thug is the new N word.

Tread lightly next time

Old 05-05-2015, 05:59 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Given Freddie Gray's criminal history, it was very likely that he would be arrested again.

That in no way excuses irresponsibility, recklessness, or brutality by the police force. Do we really want a heavy handed, punitive police force? We are a civilized country with a system of laws in place for due process. Our police are there to protect that system and to protect the citizens of this country and of the cities that they serve - yes, even Freddie Gray.
Hi poster
I think many would benefit from ridealongs with departments that police inner city areas...
We are civilized... our misbegotten thugs are not...

Baltimore for example ... has been a Democratic controlled city for nearly half a century spending hundreds of millions of dollars every year directly on their worst areas of ghetto.. and their experiment and administration has failed in every measurable metric

I'm more a realist... I would permanently voluntarily sterilize every felon of the dangerous kind ( for a sentence reduction)... after several generations the problems associated with generational criminality would be by... default ...reduced...
Again carrot and stick... voluntary

Old 05-05-2015, 06:48 AM

625 posts, read 623,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hi poster
I think many would benefit from ridealongs with departments that police inner city areas...
We are civilized... our misbegotten thugs are not...

Baltimore for example ... has been a Democratic controlled city for nearly half a century spending hundreds of millions of dollars every year directly on their worst areas of ghetto.. and their experiment and administration has failed in every measurable metric

I'm more a realist... I would permanently voluntarily sterilize every felon of the dangerous kind ( for a sentence reduction)... after several generations the problems associated with generational criminality would be by... default ...reduced...
Again carrot and stick... voluntary
so does that include only BLACK misbegotten thugs or all the thugs?

and

who gets to decide what a dangerous felon is? YOU? The government? The white establishment?

By your logic you could just introduce birth control into the water into these areas and solve the problem. Hey or really save everyone some trouble and just have them all sterilized at birth so they can't reproduce at all.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:53 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
This thread:
"Hey, supporters of due process, don't you think if a guy has a long arrest record then it's okay for the police to just ignore the Bill of Rights and kill him?"

And this from largely the same crowd that equates having to purchase health care with living in Nazi Germany...

Old 05-05-2015, 09:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I may be incredibly obtuse, or you may be reading something into my words that isn't there, but you are correct, I don't see it.

The simple answer is no, but you seem to think or infer I am advocating harassing people based on criminal records, rather than observing that, and inferring there may be some legitimacy to some of the reports about the arrest, and why he was "noticed" by the cops in the first place.

If I am a known felon in a gun store, shopping because I am interested in guns, but not making any attempt to purchase, and a cop sees me there, I expect the cop will treat me very differently than a random customer with no history of any criminality in the same store. Is it right? No. Will it happen? More often than not.

Reports so far say: nothing happened, and it was a bad arrest, something happened, and the cops interceded, a drug deal was going down, Mr. Gray was a police informant with a history of working with the police, that toxicology reports show Mr. Gray was high on heroin, Mr Gray injured himself in the van, Mr Gray was the victim of a "rough ride," there are probably several other stories and various "witness" accounts.

Quite frankly, other than the fact Mr. Gray died in police custody, I have no idea what actually happened, and aside from a very small group of actual witness, neither does anybody else.

So you were there and witnessed the whole series of events in there entirety? Or are you just passing on rumors that support what you believe happened.

From my comment to the other poster above:

Reports so far say: nothing happened, and it was a bad arrest, something happened, and the cops interceded, a drug deal was going down, Mr. Gray was a police informant with a history of working with the police, that toxicology reports show Mr. Gray was high on heroin, Mr Gray injured himself in the van, Mr Gray was the victim of a "rough ride," there are probably several other stories and various "witness" accounts than the grouping that I just listed.

Quite frankly, other than the fact Mr. Gray died in police custody, I have no idea what actually happened, and aside from a very small group of actual witness, neither does anybody else.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ Which to some is an "inconvenient truth".

Old 05-05-2015, 12:10 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,235,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Dude, thug is the new N word.

Tread lightly next time
Dude, I refuse to let the politically correct crowd define what words I can use and whether or not they are offensive or racially charged.

Freddie Gray was a thug. The word is both appropriate and accurate. It is not a racial slur.

The cops may also be thugs (both white and black suspects), when I have the full story, if it turns out as I suspect it might, I will use the word "thug" to describe them and their actions also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events