Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 06:05 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,684 times

Advertisements

Here in the Philippines we saw:

#1 A man that shouldn't have been in the ring;

#2 A man that jabbed his opponent in the side during a
breakup;

#3 A man that created the need for a breakup; and

#4 A man that passed his forearm over the back of the
neck forcing his opponents head to the mat.

We also saw something:

The moment the gloves were removed from one man, he
needed a very large white towel for one hand.

Did you?

Why not two hands?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 06:36 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,539,106 times
Pac-Man Lost
Move on!

Old 05-03-2015, 07:00 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,530,736 times
Pac man is past his prime. This fight should have happened 6 years ago. Everyone knew it would be boring, everyone knew the fighters were playing into this. Anyone who payed for this fight or paid tons of money to see it should have known the whole thing was a setup from the get go. The fact that neither one was even remotely hurt after the fight shows they didn't go at it full strength, it was a dog and pony show that made each side and the parties involved a lot of money. It was a sad sad match.

Manny wins he gets paid. Manny loses he gets paid. FMJ loses he gets paid. FMJ wins he gets paid.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:04 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Pac man is past his prime. This fight should have happened 6 years ago. Everyone knew it would be boring, everyone knew the fighters were playing into this. Anyone who payed for this fight or paid tons of money to see it should have known the whole thing was a setup from the get go. The fact that neither one was even remotely hurt after the fight shows they didn't go at it full strength, it was a dog and pony show that made each side and the parties involved a lot of money. It was a sad sad match.

Manny wins he gets paid. Manny loses he gets paid. FMJ loses he gets paid. FMJ wins he gets paid.
You know what they say about a fool and his money.

I bet loads of these people now complaining about how FM ran, how MP was robbed, just non stop sour grapes, were the same people that swore up and down they'd never ever watch another fight again when MP lost that decision a few years ago.

Yet as soon as this fight was announced, they couldn't buy the PPV online fast enough.

Rest assured, these same people will once again fork over more money for a rematch if it ever happens.

Some people are just gluttons for punishment sadly.

I don't care either way since I'm not a big fan of either of these fighters, and haven't been passionate about boxing since Tyson's heyday.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:06 PM

163 posts, read 125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post

Well said.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:38 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,128 times
I knew that Floyd would win and that it would be by decision (as oppose to KO/TKO), but I really thought this fight would be interesting. we (hubs and i) are two of the suckers who paid $100 to watch it on ppv. all our friends got it free off the internet : o

Old 05-03-2015, 10:57 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
J figured this fight would end up looking like this. Like the Leanord/Duran matches and Leanord/Hagler. I haven't paid out any money to see a fight since Leanord/Hagler. Pro boxing is just a rip off any more. Has been for a while. Anyone who actually thought they would see a fight out of MP/FM was deluding themselves. I will admit to having some hope of this match actually being a fight, but knew, deep down, it wasn't going to amount to much.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:15 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,946,114 times
I heard there was so much hugging going on people though Mayweather was going to come out as being gay.

I didn't see the fight, couldn't care less, but at least it wasn't like the Mike Tyson fight where he hit the guy once, knocked him out, collected 10 million and went home. LOL Now THAT was funny, except for the folks who paid a lot to see a fight.

You know what they say in Vegas, a sucker arrives every minute.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:06 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,776,075 times
Don't forget the four low blows and repeated choke holds that were never called on Mayweather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events