Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 05:08 PM

16,551 posts, read 8,589,183 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, one wonders where the news media is on this since I do not remember reading nor hearing about how a black cop beats and kicks young white unarmed handcuffed woman. Nor did I read about how this officer has a history of beating innocent unarmed white people like the old man he roundhouse kicked and beat unconscious in 2013. All because he thought the guy was assaulting someone else, and said "I am going to call the police".

Can you imagine if the races were reversed?
This would be national news with all sorts of media and race merchants rushing to S FL.
One also wonders if the races were reversed if the Chief of Miami Beach Police would have given such a light sentence and said we just want to move on?

My suggestion is that everyone should call the Miami Beach PD and let them know how you feel about officer Philippe Archer only receiving a 4 week suspension that he gets to serve just two days a week while still working.
Also a complaint should be lodged about Chief Dan Oates who had the nerve to say "My disciplinary action speaks for itself".
It sure does, it is a joke, as the people involved had no business being brutalized by this cop. Heck a previous victim had already won a $60k settlement for abuse at the hands of "officer" Archer.

Calls should also be made to the US and States attorneys office as to why both declined to prosecute this and previous incidents.

Here are the relevant phone numbers for people to call to voice your displeasure;

Non Emergency number for Miami Beach Police Department - (305) 673-7900

As an FYI, I just spoke to the Chiefs secretary, and she said mine was the only complaint about this incident.

The Miami-Dade County State attorneys number is - (305) 547-0100
I am still waiting for them to get back to me regarding the complaint I left.

So if you are upset by this, put your actions where your internet typing would be, and make some calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Several policemen were murdered ... run over.. crashed into head on... and shot today... why not post their stories?....

Where are the standards there and the stories here... lets hold EVERYONE accountable

Silence
Sorry, but your normally sound reasoning is absent with this deflection.

I am pro-LE and mostly side with the LEO's in these type of threads. However this "policeman" acted in a totally unprofessional and CRIMINAL manner. You can't go around punching and kicking women, much less helpless handcuffed ones.
Given this cops history, it should be 3 strikes and your out. He should also be facing criminal charges just like any other citizen would.

He is an example of the rotten apple that taints the barrel. Clean LEO's despise these dirty ones for that reason alone.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:58 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,096 times
Quote:
Several policemen were murdered ... run over.. crashed into head on... and shot today... why not post their stories?....

Where are the standards there and the stories here... lets hold EVERYONE accountable

Silence

Are you saying that all the people responsible for the death of the officers that where killed or murdered have been set free, or slapped on the wrist and set free? By all means, if that's the case, post their stories, and we can discuss them too.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:02 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,572 times
Quote:

Silence
Usually everybody EXCEPT COPS are held accountable! Your gripe is that cops shouldn't be held accountable. That somehow they should be above the law and anybody that thinks they should be held accountable is a cop-hater. You and your ilk just can't stand the thought of citizens having due process. If and when cops are held accountable for their crimes most cops will be in prison. It's coming. Finally.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Someone try to defend beating a handcuffed man.

Just try.
There is no defense, when do the riots and looting start? When does our illustrious A.G. show up and I'm waiting for Mr. Obama to speak of this on the news... Let's start the Federal investigation RIGHT NOW!

Old 05-06-2015, 07:04 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times
well you just dont kick a cop. when will people learn

Old 05-06-2015, 09:31 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
There is no defense, when do the riots and looting start? When does our illustrious A.G. show up and I'm waiting for Mr. Obama to speak of this on the news... Let's start the Federal investigation RIGHT NOW!

Hilarious.... Thanks for sharing your wisdom...always appreciated...

Old 05-06-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
If and when cops are held accountable for their crimes most cops will be in prison. It's coming. Finally.
The hyperbole is astounding, and does nothing to help understand and resolve problems. It is only good for getting people to talk past each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
well you just dont kick a cop. when will people learn
Maybe you are seeing a different video that I am because I never see the unarmed, handcuffed, white girl kick the black cop.
However, for the sake of argument, lets say she did kick him before the incident of him coldcocking her. He obviously was not significantly injured as a result, nor was she posing any type of a threat that could justify him deciding to approach her and punch her in the face, and then attempt a roundhouse kick on her.

If you think differently, please be specific and explain your view.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:25 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,190 times
People should really do some research before they throw out race and looting. One place to start is to speak with a native American. U.S. history has many incidents of rioting and looting and lynchings.

Do a you tube search on Black Wall Street. Do a search on Rosewood. Sure these incidents happened years ago but go forward to 2015. A cop rolls up to a 12 year-old child with a play gun and shoots him. If anyone can justify that if they truly believe in a GOD that will be a hard sell for them.

Life isn't about race. It's about people. Everyone is born the same way and everyone dies. No one is special.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
nope we cant make excuses for stress, and that is exactly what you are doing despite claims otherwise.

Parents are not allowed to snap when they are over loaded by work , partners and kids.
Mall cops are not allowed to snap, nor are soldiers or rescue services...

and frankly a big buff dude like that cop punching a handcuffed woman has nothing to do with snapping and everything to do with being a scum bag with a badge.

He should be fired with no legal way to ever be a cop again anywhere in the usa.
No not an excuse but an understanding. Police work is a violent job and becoming to accustomed to using that violence can make someone use in inappropriately. I agree that he should be fired, especially with his past history. Parents snap all the time. Everyone has a breaking point. I understand why that police officer snapped and lost control, but yes I agree that he is ill suited for the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events