Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Some Americans should be slapped around publicly for not addressing the issue when people were screaming at you that there were injustices going on.

I don't believe anybody died in the riots.
Ok, I was trying to figure out what your point was from some of your other posts but I'm starting to see it pretty clearly now. So it's the fault of everyone else who are not committing crimes because they didn't do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 12:20 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Ok, I was trying to figure out what your point was from some of your other posts but I'm starting to see it pretty clearly now. So it's the fault of everyone else who are not committing crimes because they didn't do anything about it.

You actually have no point. Your complaining but have no solutions. Basically useless.

I've offered up solutions many, many, many times. And am actually on the front of many of these issues. It would help if you educated yourself on the issues before jumping in.

If this is in reference to the Police Corruption issue it just goes to show that some are STILL completely clueless about what's going on.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
You actually have no point. Your complaining but have no solutions. Basically useless.

I've offered up solutions many, many, many times. And am actually on the front of many of these issues. It would help if you educated yourself on the issues before jumping in.

If this is in reference to the Police Corruption issue it just goes to show that some are STILL completely clueless about what's going on.
So citizens have no right to complain about criminals destroying their cities/towns unless they have solutions? Do you have any idea how many trillions have been invested in this country in the war on poverty, war on drugs, war on crime, etc. and it has gotten us no where, in fact, it's probably worse. My solution is to conceal carry wherever I go.

You represent the group that would prefer to blame everyone but the ones causing the problems. Keep it up, it works so well.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:28 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Almost 50 people over a weekend? How many do they get in a week? or a Month?

This sounds like a self implemented pest control program.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
So citizens have no right to complain about criminals destroying their cities/towns unless they have solutions? Do you have any idea how many trillions have been invested in this country in the war on poverty, war on drugs, war on crime, etc. and it has gotten us no where, in fact, it's probably worse. My solution is to conceal carry wherever I go.

You represent the group that would prefer to blame everyone but the ones causing the problems. Keep it up, it works so well.
Except I'm solving the problems if you haven't been paying attention. Your the one blaming and complaining.

I'm working.

You answered a lot of your own questions. Now think about why some don't want certain communities to prosper.

I'm not trying to be rude to you, but your trying to make me feel guilt for an issue I'm addressing that I have no obligation to address.

While your arm chair quarterbacking and complaining

Do you see the problem?

Edit: People are literally losing their lives over the fight and you have the nerve to complain when you've done NOTHING that is of significant risk.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Almost 50 people over a weekend? How many do they get in a week? or a Month?

This sounds like a self implemented pest control program.
Let's put it this way.

They'll put tons of cops in the suburbs or low crime areas to raise revenue, but they can NEVER find enough cops to address the real problem neighborhoods and keep people from committing serious crimes.

But to put things into perspective, when you have the DEA working with Mexican Cartels to move drugs into the city what type of message does that send to those involved in that lifestyle??

And now you start to get to some of the issues of why the Drug War IS the problem and has led to widespread corruption, erosion of our rights, and a huge divide between certain communities and law enforcement.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Except I'm solving the problems if you haven't been paying attention. Your the one blaming and complaining.

I'm working.

You answered a lot of your own questions. Now think about why some don't want certain communities to prosper.

I'm not trying to be rude to you, but your trying to make me feel guilt for an issue I'm addressing that I have no obligation to address.

While your arm chair quarterbacking and complaining

Do you see the problem?

Edit: People are literally losing their lives over the fight and you have the nerve to complain when you've done NOTHING that is of significant risk.
Ok, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, because you say I should be doing something and you are already doing something but you haven't given me any details as to what that is that you or I should be doing. So as to the part I bolded, it sounds pretty and noble, but what should *I* be doing that is a "significant risk"?

I already did say i carry a loaded gun, so if I ever have to defend myself against one, I'll rid the country of at least one more criminal. My biggest magazine holds 19 rounds so even I have some limitations.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:38 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,949,906 times
And they said Chicago was civilized! Hmmmm I wonder.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:40 PM

I have never doubted that huge profits lead to huge corruption and any business operated outside the law will result in a lot of casualties.

I believe that our law enforcement and intelligence agencies have been in the drug smuggling business for decades. As the writer of a expose of the Iran-Contra weapons smuggling operation commented, "You don't think the planes carrying weapons to the Contras were flying home empty?" According to him they were carrying narcotics and MJ. These were sold to defray the expenses of the operation. That makes sense to me.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:43 PM

Funny? I managed to make do with six in the magazine and one in the chamber of my shotgun. I was actually in a war at the time. Fortunately the 50 cal. was fed with a 200 round box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events