Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 12:45 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times

Advertisements

I do not blame them. Most black women I have seen are hideous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 01:05 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
That is true. The majority of biracial women I have seen are good looking. Same with eurasian females.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:15 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
I got your point. I just disagree. The Jews were discriminated against but they still retained their culture and way of life. African Americans on the other hand had their culture completely destroyed.
How can anyone retain their culture after being brought over as slaves?

Old 05-20-2015, 01:18 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,423 times
I don't concern myself what people say or do when it comes to this or that, I try to live my life like a decent human being willing and ready to lend a helping hand in a time of need to all, because at that exact moment, that's how I want my life to be remembered, like a stand up guy who is willing to help out the defenseless and fearless when the time comes to do something dangerous like running into a blazing house fire or jumping into cold dark water to make a save or jumping into a pool to save a kid from the bottom, because, I am a fire fighter and a stand up guy who isn't afraid to call anyone, my brother. There it is..

Knight

Old 05-20-2015, 01:31 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Ignorant, simplistic and wrong. By all accounts, bi-racial children are some of the cutest and most adored. You know... just saying... there exist forums where you can spout this kind of trash talk without any push-back because there won't be anyone other than people who think the way you do participating.
Societies rejects come onto the internet to spew their hate and talk down to others, don't feed the trolls.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
You Are definitely barking up the wrong tree with that silly "you guys" statement but please tell a Jew to get over the holocaust and see how long you keep your job. Now get lost if you have nothing substantial to say.
Jews don't hold the modern-day Germans responsible for the Holocaust, there's no anti-German sentiment in Israel (actually quite the opposite), and Jews definitely don't blame any of their personal failings on the Germans.

So in a way, yes, they got over the Holocaust. Which doesn't mean they forgot it or forgave the Nazis for it.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Societies rejects come onto the internet to spew their hate and talk down to others, don't feed the trolls.
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Think positive things, it will get better.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:44 PM

632 posts, read 932,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Jews don't hold the modern-day Germans responsible for the Holocaust, there's no anti-German sentiment in Israel (actually quite the opposite), and Jews definitely don't blame any of their personal failings on the Germans.

So in a way, yes, they got over the Holocaust. Which doesn't mean they forgot it or forgave the Nazis for it.
This argument is so silly to me. It's like if you beat me up, then you beat up my friend...and then people criticize me for not healing as fast as my friend.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:47 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I do not blame them. Most black women I have seen are hideous.
Very nice.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:24 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum41 View Post
Because those places pay like this.
This graph alone does not prove anything, does it? As you know, there are tons of Asian-American small business owners (think owners of a restaurant, convenience store, dry cleaner, etc.) who make many multiples of $67K. They didn't get hired to a great job, because white people loved them (as claimed by the poster I was replying to). My point was that, for entry-level and middle management positions, white people might like working with Asian-Americans, but for management level or C-suite level, Asians are notoriously underrepresented, especially if you compare at same objective qualification levels. That's what I said, go take a look again if you like.

Quote:
However, covert forms of racism persist in the workforce. The Census Bureau reports that Asian Americans have the highest education levels of any racial category in the United States. Of Asian Americans, 52.4% are college graduates, while the national average is 29.9%.

+The Asian American population in 2000 accounted for about 4.8% of the U.S. population, but only 0.3% of corporate office populations.

+In New York, Asian Americans have the highest number of associates at top New York law firms, yet the lowest conversion rate to partner.

+Even in fields where Asian Americans are highly represented, such as the Silicon Valley software industry, they comprise a disproportionately small percentage of upper management and board positions. Statistics show that despite one-third of all software engineers in the Silicon Valley being Asian, they make up only 6% of board members and 10% of corporate officers of the Bay Area's 25 largest companies.

+At the National Institutes of Health, where 21.5% of scientists are Asians, they make up only 4.7% of the lab and branch directors.

A+ccording to a study of the 25 largest Bay Area companies 12 had no Asian board members, and five had no Asian corporate officers.

+While Asian Americans make up 5% of the US population in 2008, only eight of the 867 (less than 1%) Article III Federal judges are Asian Americans.
Bamboo ceiling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Sorry but type in any wall street firm and look at the partners. The the next highest race after whites is East Asians. Do you think Asians who go to Harvard end up at Panda Express? LOL. You have the realize Asians are a YOUNG minority. The kids you see growing up and going to school and getting great jobs, that the first. Their parents worked at panda express. But they don't, and neither will their kids.
First, the highest level achieved in investment banking is Managing Director, in most places. Please show me where Asian-Americans constitute a substantial percentage of Managing Directors - keep in mind that most MDs who are Asian-Americans get promoted to that position mostly because of their connections, knowledge and fluency in the Far East. In other words, without that special skillset, it is much tougher to be an Asian-American MD. Google and you will find Asian-American i-bankers discussing the bamboo ceiling.

Do me a favor and count how many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are Asian-Americans. For these purposes, Indians are not "Asians".

"Asians are a YOUNG minority"? Talk about generalization. Whole bunch came here in the 1800's. Some came yesterday. And most somewhere in between.

Quote:
Look at the school UCLA. It has no affirmative action. It is the HIGHEST APPLIED TO COLLEGE IN AMERICA. Look at the demographics of that school. That should tell you a lot.
I am confused here. What is your point, that Asian-Americans don't face discrimination? The fact that Asian-Americans represent a majority of UCLA and UC Berkley students after they totally eliminated affirmative action, show you almost definitively that they are discriminated against at every other school. Think about it.

Just because some of them have achieved success doesn't mean they did not face discrimination and overcame with superior determination and intellect. The household income chart needs to be controlled for grades, education, etc. to see the true difference among the races.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events