Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 05:49 PM

177 posts, read 194,435 times

Advertisements

Great article. However, it misses one point and I recall reading up on it many years ago: Usually, when one has been manipulated in that way, and when it has been pointed out to them, there is a natural human reaction to own the mistake - in other words, to claim that the idea was naturally developed and any external influence was coincidence. This leads to people always being a slave to such systems.

i.e a man is hypnotized to say that they sky is red, when in fact it is blue. He is taken out of hypnosis and shown a video of himself saying the sky is red. He is not shown that he has been hypnotized to say so. What studies show, is that the man will attempt to explain his rationale; he will take ownership of his decision to state the sky is red, because it was him saying it. To disown his own words, causes a disconnect that few are willing to do.

Similarly, even though many may agree that the main stream media manipulates people, its other people, not them. The fact that the views they hold are the same as the narrative they read, watch and hear, that is simply a coincidence. It is not a sign that they too have been manipulated.

This forum, is filled with brainwashed people, making thread after thread on the same issue they have allowed themselves to be brainwashed on. Its sad to see; they cannot be argued with. They are beyond reasonableness. Naturally, because its impossible to change the mind of someone whose mind has been tampered with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 06:00 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,760,696 times
I didn't read the article but in the most recent cases the "protesters" discredited themselves by making it about "black lives matter" instead of "American lives matter". Americans were never going to come together after it was framed in that context.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:21 PM

177 posts, read 194,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I didn't read the article but in the most recent cases the "protesters" discredited themselves by making it about "black lives matter" instead of "American lives matter". Americans were never going to come together after it was framed in that context.
If you didn't read the article, you don't realize how ironic your post is.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:25 PM

963 posts, read 690,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I don't have any problem with peaceful protests. That's what's great about America, if a citizen disagrees they can protest. When protests turn violent, riots and looting, then they cease to be protests and become criminal activity. Screaming, "Let's burn this mf down!" to an angry crown accomplishes nothing.
The Left always calls rioting and looting "protest". Even the stupid mayor of Baltimore thought t helpful to give the protesters space to destroy non-blacks businesses.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:26 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,760,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
If the article said that was a good way to frame the issue, I'm glad I didn't read it.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:52 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
Actually if you REALLY read article, you'd realize the irony of your post.

i.e. Taking life advice from a 5 bullet Cracked magazine article.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:18 AM

50,923 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually if you REALLY read article, you'd realize the irony of your post.

i.e. Taking life advice from a 5 bullet Cracked magazine article.
It's not a joke article, and it doesn't offer advice. It is about how people in power make little people turn against other little people (us, in other words). I don't understand people who say "I didn't read it, but here's my take on it" nor do I understand people who believe they are patriotic Americans being so against one of the most basic freedoms of being an American.

It's like the people here who won't read it yet are against protestors in general, are the proof that the article is right...that's the irony part, for those who don't understand.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:21 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,344,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I don't have any problem with peaceful protests. That's what's great about America, if a citizen disagrees they can protest. When protests turn violent, riots and looting, then they cease to be protests and become criminal activity. Screaming, "Let's burn this mf down!" to an angry crown accomplishes nothing.
This^

Old 06-10-2015, 05:24 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,344,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
The Left always calls rioting and looting "protest". Even the stupid mayor of Baltimore thought t helpful to give the protesters space to destroy non-blacks businesses.
Plenty of black businesses were destroyed.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:30 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not a joke article, and it doesn't offer advice.
Didn't claim it was a joke article and "taking advice" is different than offering advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's like the people here who won't read it yet are against protestors in general, are the proof that the article is right...that's the irony part, for those who don't understand.
You create a generalization to prove point a specific point. Irony indeed.

BTW, the word you are looking for is satire. The real question here is the Cracked article good satire. IMO, that is in the eyes of the beholder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events