Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 04:20 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,401,390 times

Advertisements

The younger generations are completely turning off cable news. Many don't even subscribe to satellite and cable. Personally, I can't remember the last time I watched any TV news for more than five minutes at a time...most of us 35 and younger are getting our news via the internet. That's what's eventually going to be the death knell for Fox News and most of the other networks in general. It won't be due to an executive shakeup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 04:22 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,205,009 times
Fair and balanced

Old 06-18-2015, 05:38 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,791 times
Faux News will be around for awhile, CEOs don't kill profitable sectors of a company because they personally dislike that branch's head. They may put the screws on Ailes and send him packing but Faux isn't going anywhere in the short term, its going to take several years for their senile angry bigoted viewers to die off completely.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:56 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Faux news? What is this here? Faux? I don't get i.....wait a minute! This is absolute brilliance! Man, C-D posters never cease to amaze me with the brilliant and original scathing humor. Faux....like fake but its pronounced like f-ah-x and spelled kind of like the network news station.

This is way to good not to share, can I Tweet this out!?
lol

Old 06-18-2015, 07:01 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The younger generations are completely turning off cable news. Many don't even subscribe to satellite and cable. Personally, I can't remember the last time I watched any TV news for more than five minutes at a time...most of us 35 and younger are getting our news via the internet. That's what's eventually going to be the death knell for Fox News and most of the other networks in general. It won't be due to an executive shakeup.

We canceled cable 3+ years ago and haven't missed it at all. This in part because of the horrible state that CNN, FOX, MSNBC has become. There is no news on these channels now.

Plenty to watch with an OTA antenna & Netflix on Roku. Ironically one of the best sources of International news, far better than any of the USA based channels is Sky News. It's also owned by Murdoch. You can watch it live in HD, for free if you have a Roku.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:13 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,211,902 times
Fox is by far the best managed news network and they are crushing all of their competition so bad it's kind of funny that none of their competitors have tried to emulate them. If they screw up Fox news, someone will pick up that market share and make a fortune with it.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:54 AM

4,876 posts, read 6,939,716 times
CNN started out as a news network and was great. It's just another hard left network trying to get the fastest reporting of an event ahead of the other leftist stations wallowing in their murky waters. Getting the news RIGHT is secondary to getting a story, any story, out first.

One thing that does set them apart is how they love to beat to death a story. While they're over-covering a story like the airliner that vanished over the Indian Ocean, they almost completely quit covering anything else. What a bunch of morons. Long after viewers are bored to tears of 24/7 coverage of a so-so news item, they're still giving exclusive coverage as if nothing newsworthy has happened in the rest of the world during this time.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:36 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,887,457 times
Shut down the #1 cable news network than makes millions in revenue. Yeah sure.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:43 AM

186 posts, read 158,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
With Rupert Murdoch stepping down as head of 21st Century Fox, leaving the huge media conglomerate in the hands of his son James and Lachlan who are reported to despise Roger Ailes and what Fox News has become, are the days of the right-wing rant numbered?
Hope not, it's the only news channel I watch ;---) Not to worry, I think Fox will be just fine! From what I hear, MSNBC should be worried, their ratings are quite low.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:44 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,104,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I have always thought of Fox as center moderate, and maybe very slightly leaning left, but if you are far, far, left on the political spectrum, I guess it would appear to be a right wing news outlet by comparison to MSNBC and the current configuration of CNN.
My apologies Tuck, you have been fed a lie by watching Fox say that they are "center moderate".

Fox is as far to the right of the spectrum as MSNBC is to the left. Unfortunately, most Fox viewers believe precisely this issue, they say that there is no far right media outlet and that Fox is the center. It should really beg the question about their perspective. When selling advertising space is valuable and there is no other media source farther to the right, it indicates that there is no viable market for ideals any farther to the right. The most logical conclusion is that anyone standing beside Fox is simply already all the way to the right end of the viable spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events