Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:46 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,763 times

Advertisements

I am not 35 or younger and I don't watch cabe news. I get my news from the Internet and I lIke to read English language sources from all over the world to get various points of view. E.g. I know that AL Jazeera is biased in it's coverage (about as much as Fox or CNN in theirs) but knowing that I can filter what they are saying and still get good info. Then there are the German and British publications that tend to be more centrist and measured in their approach to reporting. There's absolutely no reason anymore to subject yourself to the round the clock propaganda and fear mongering of Fox and CNN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 08:51 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,706 times
Any so called "NEWS" station that hires people like Sarah Palin can't be taken seriously. I don't care much for the "democrat" on there either. He is just used as a shill in this conservative scam at news. It's mostly fawning over Republicans and demonizing Democrats.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:58 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Any so called "NEWS" station that hires people like Sarah Palin can't be taken seriously. I don't care much for the "democrat" on there either. He is just used as a shill in this conservative scam at news. It's mostly fawning over Republicans and demonizing Democrats.
You just described CNN as well.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:30 AM

922 posts, read 1,148,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Faux news? What is this here? Faux? I don't get i.....wait a minute! This is absolute brilliance! Man, C-D posters never cease to amaze me with the brilliant and original scathing humor. Faux....like fake but its pronounced like f-ah-x and spelled kind of like the network news station.

This is way to good not to share, can I Tweet this out!?
Pretty funny, actually. Plus the name fits them if you consider how many times they've been caught lying:

FOX's file: | PunditFact

Of course Fox always uses the same BS excuse "our pundits are expressing opinions" even when they are purposefully misleading their audience with their big fat lies.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:35 AM

299 posts, read 377,709 times
Fox News has the hottest women on it!!!

Old 06-18-2015, 09:42 AM

1,829 posts, read 2,235,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
My apologies Tuck, you have been fed a lie by watching Fox say that they are "center moderate".

Fox is as far to the right of the spectrum as MSNBC is to the left. Unfortunately, most Fox viewers believe precisely this issue, they say that there is no far right media outlet and that Fox is the center. It should really beg the question about their perspective. When selling advertising space is valuable and there is no other media source farther to the right, it indicates that there is no viable market for ideals any farther to the right. The most logical conclusion is that anyone standing beside Fox is simply already all the way to the right end of the viable spectrum.
You are confusing what the democrats and republicans (as parties) want to maintain and exercise control over with the political spectrum (communism and central control on the far far left, true anarchy and libertarianism with decentralized control on the far far right).

The two parties want to control different things in different ways, but both want an expanded state with more centralized control over the citizenry. Fox represents the republican views on what should be controlled, but that is hardly a far right position, it's just a different list.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:47 AM

922 posts, read 1,148,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
I am not 35 or younger and I don't watch cabe news. I get my news from the Internet and I lIke to read English language sources from all over the world to get various points of view. E.g. I know that AL Jazeera is biased in it's coverage (about as much as Fox or CNN in theirs) but knowing that I can filter what they are saying and still get good info. Then there are the German and British publications that tend to be more centrist and measured in their approach to reporting. There's absolutely no reason anymore to subject yourself to the round the clock propaganda and fear mongering of Fox and CNN.
I don't watch Fox News or MSNBC. Only watch CNN when there's breaking news or election coverage. When I want the truth I do my own research. Lots of information available on the web, just gotta know how to seperate fact from fiction.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:49 AM

5,896 posts, read 3,896,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Any so called "NEWS" station that hires people like Sarah Palin can't be taken seriously.
Please don't tell me you think Palin is worse than Sharpton. At least Palin was a governor and contributed something. What has Sharpy ever done?

Old 06-18-2015, 09:49 AM

14,937 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Faux news? What is this here? Faux? I don't get i.....wait a minute! This is absolute brilliance! Man, C-D posters never cease to amaze me with the brilliant and original scathing humor. Faux....like fake but its pronounced like f-ah-x and spelled kind of like the network news station.

This is way to good not to share, can I Tweet this out!?
I'm sure some left wing liberal, in an effort to discredit a source or entity he saw as not not in lockstep with his political views, coined the name "Faux News". As happens among their ilk, his liberal peers thought it was clever and picked up the name, it spread among liberals and their bandwagon members as a cool and clever way to show ones liberalism and how "with it" one is. It's been regurgitated ad nauseum by liberals and wannabes, including those who never watch FOX news and know nothing about it. And I imagine those who use it fancy themselves so clever when they do.
l

Old 06-18-2015, 09:59 AM

14,937 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post

I agree with you. Besides the other publications you mention, if you can find original sources (such as old local newpaper articles, court transcripts, or transcripts of state and federal legislative proceedings or laws, copies of communication among the involved parties, whatever applies), these might provide information that is less likely to bejaded by political or personak perspectives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events