Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 04:48 PM

545 posts, read 595,324 times

Advertisements

I personally don't even watch any of the primary American news channels. I actually watch the American version of Al-Jazeera. They cover more international then domestic which interests me personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 05:18 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,333,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Do you even know what left and right refer to?
In its original form, as in the divide within the Estates General between the monarchist and the republicans or the ridiculous delineations bandied about by reactionaries?

Old 06-21-2015, 05:39 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,228,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
No. All she has to do is listen to what you just said. And then, knowing that both sides play the same games, she knows what's true about you.
I don't have a "side" so, like I said, unless you know intent, you couldn't be more wrong. You only assume to know because that's how you are.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:50 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,056,342 times
I wish folks could take a step back and see how absurd and pointless this argument looks. Cable news is a joke - all around. Keep fighting over left and right so you don't see that it's really us and them. The plan is working perfectly.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I think it is absolutely hilarious how Fox News keeps the liberals panties in a wad. They watch MSNBC and CNN and other liberal rags and have the nerve to knock Fox news. Keep up the good work Fox.
Most of them don't know the difference between news and opinion.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:44 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,020,045 times
I live close enough to the Canadian border that I watch that ( Canadian local and national in British Columbia), BBC ( regular) , Al Jazeera , even the subtitled South Korean news . No endless fighting and analysts . Jeez I cannot take anymore endless analyzing . My husband is European anyway and we live there some of the time so I live on more of an international scale . Besides I see THE NEWS no more, no less, like Walter Cronkite did . No ones opinion of what they just read and no wannabe actors masquerading as newscasters .

In Canada, Fox news has been required to register as "Entertainment " instead of news when they were applying for their equivalent of their FCC license there . They are a joke .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 06-22-2015 at 01:52 AM..

Old 06-22-2015, 01:45 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,286,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Anderson Copper is yet another limousine liberal who got to where he is simply because his mother is Gloria Vanderbilt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Do you study anything other than TMZ before commenting on a topic?

Cooper began his career as a freelance journalist working out of south east Asia. After sneaking into Myanmar he was able to sell pieces to Channel One. He then went on to cover stories in Somalia, Bosnia and Rwanda. Finally in 1995 Cooper got a job with ABC eventually rising to co-anchor of their overnight news program World News Now.

So, yes, being the son of Gloria Vanderbilt was soooo instrumental in his career!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm glad you agree.
^ This is why you cannot have an educated discussion with a Fox groupie.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:48 AM

2,673 posts, read 2,238,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
I don't have a "side" so, like I said, unless you know intent, you couldn't be more wrong. You only assume to know because that's how you are.

You don't have a side... so, you're uh... one dimensional?

Old 06-22-2015, 07:58 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,092,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
This.

Thanks for posting it. I am sick to death of anyone who uses the words "faux news". they sound very silly. No, it isnt funny. Come up with some other way to insult what you dont like.
I wish the people in charge of the censorship filters on CD would include 'faux', due to its overuse in trying to denigrate people they disagree with.

I am not going to read past this post that I have quoted, at this point because it is a waste of my time.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:05 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,211,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I live close enough to the Canadian border that I watch that ( Canadian local and national in British Columbia), BBC ( regular) , Al Jazeera , even the subtitled South Korean news . No endless fighting and analysts . Jeez I cannot take anymore endless analyzing . My husband is European anyway and we live there some of the time so I live on more of an international scale . Besides I see THE NEWS no more, no less, like Walter Cronkite did . No ones opinion of what they just read and no wannabe actors masquerading as newscasters .

In Canada, Fox news has been required to register as "Entertainment " instead of news when they were applying for their equivalent of their FCC license there . They are a joke .
All news has a bias. By far most news reporting in the West is highly biased to liberal viewpoints...conservatives can easily see it. Now there comes one network that is biased to the conservative viewpoint and Liberals can see it. Fox News is entertainment and they are crushing all other news/entertainment networks...the joke is on you as they are winning and the score is like 100-10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events