Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:44 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,572,480 times

Advertisements

Fox's 'fair and balanced' journalistic position is very accurate; Bill O'Reilly just demolished Rand Paul for his tax reform plan, and even chided Charles Krauthammer for his suggestion that the home mortgage deduction be eliminated.

Nobody at MSNBC has ripped Hillary for simultaneously pushing income inequality which her party's policies enable while maintaining total silence regarding her $20,000,000 bank account and massive donations from countries which hate us and would love to destroy us just as Obama has destroyed our economy and lowered the quality of life for members of his own race excluding yours truly.

Hypocrisy is the lifeblood of liberals, as is lying about Obamacare benefits which are nonexistent while the worst is yet to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 09:05 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,238,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Has nothing to do with MSNBC, and everything to do with Roger Ailes. You are aware of Ailes' bio--correct?

Ailes was a media consultant for Republican presidents Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, and for Rudy Giuliani's mayoral campaign. You honestly believe that a loyal Republican operative is going to present anything objectively? Fox News is very far to the right. If you prefer to believe that it is "centrist" because you personally agree with their slant and like to think of yourself as moderate, fine. But no way in hell Fox News can ever be called center or moderate related to anything.

Perhaps you've heard of George Stephanopolis?

Old 06-22-2015, 09:45 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,237,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Are you just as offended with what I underlined? Just curious.

Not offended but it sounds really stupid and juvenile. "Panies in a bunch". Balls in an uproar. "Kool aid drinking". Seriously, I never hear normal, non Fox watching moderates and progressives saying this stuff. And what ever they think of the current prez, I never hear "Obummer" or "Dimocrats"

Your own little bully baby language.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:20 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All news has a bias. By far most news reporting in the West is highly biased to liberal viewpoints...conservatives can easily see it. Now there comes one network that is biased to the conservative viewpoint and Liberals can see it. Fox News is entertainment and they are crushing all other news/entertainment networks...the joke is on you as they are winning and the score is like 100-10.
Well said.

The person you responded to suggested Walter Cronkite exemplified real news.

To the contrary. Walter Cronkite -- "the most trusted man in America" -- is a perfect example of the way news in the U.S. used to be completely dominated by the Left.

During the Vietnam War, he declared the Tet Offensive a disaster for the Americans and said America should just get out of Vietnam.

He didn't acknowledge that the Tet Offensive -- far from a disaster for the Americans -- was a great victory that decimated the Viet Cong.

Nor did he explain (as he should have) that the failure of America to go into Laos and Cambodia to shut down the Ho Chi Minh trail (which ended within thirty miles of Saigon) was the reason why the Viet Cong continued to get weapons from North Vietnam (supplied by the Soviet Union and China) and had the ability to storm the U.S. embassy in Saigon.

Fast forward to Bush v. Kerry in 2004.

Cronkite came out of cold storage to try to throw the election to Kerry by claiming that a threatening tape from Osama Bin Laden that had just been released was a put-up job by the Bush Administration.

Then, Cronkite's acolyte and protege Dan Rather got busted and lost his CBS anchor seat for using forged documents to try to discredit Bush's military record.

The lying liberal media....

They got away with the lies from the 1950s to the late 1990s.

Then Fox News appeared, along with an exponential increase in the influence of conservative talk radio -- and internet bloggers who exposed Rather's lies within hours of his telling them.

Now it's a different world, and it's no wonder that the Left has been in a frothing rage over the fact that its lies are being exposed.

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-22-2015 at 11:33 PM..

Old 06-22-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Perhaps you've heard of George Stephanopolis?
Not to mention Al Sharpton...

Old 06-22-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Not offended but it sounds really stupid and juvenile. "Panies in a bunch". Balls in an uproar. "Kool aid drinking". Seriously, I never hear normal, non Fox watching moderates and progressives saying this stuff. And what ever they think of the current prez, I never hear "Obummer" or "Dimocrats"

You were just shown a lot of juvenile name-calling by liberals.

I guess that went over your head.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:54 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,242,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Which major broadcast or cable news in the USA to you consider no to be outright liars?
All news network have some sort of agenda. Most network are guilty of sensationalism and overreaction.

Fox News is the only one I've seen that actually flat out lie to the viewers, not because of sensationalism or exaggeration, but because without lies they'd have nothing to report that fit their agenda. The difference between the regular media and Fox is that the former exaggerates, and later lies.

So to answer your question, all major news network besides Fox.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:57 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,242,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianf408 View Post
You're lying to yourself if you think ANY television news source is 100% factual or unbiased. But for whatever reason, liberals' heads tend to spin when it comes to Fox but they think MSNBC and CNN are all facts all the time.

I can handle bias. It's lies that I have a problem with. While no news source is 100% factual, I still want my news to be more than 50% facts.

Oh, I know this will make your head spin, but most liberals don't watch MSNBC.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:47 AM

8,086 posts, read 7,457,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
are the days of the right-wing rant numbered?
Yep, Fox News will be closing down soon. So you Lefties can go and fixate on something else now.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:17 AM

45,452 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

Didn't think you would be. "Panties in a bunch" is offensive but Rush Limpballs is merely juvenile. As is she-male and accusing people of donning white sheets and committing incest.

As I said, confirmation bias. Not to mention hypocrisy run rampant.

As a note I've never used either of the bolded terms you tried to accuse me of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events