Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 02:28 PM

625 posts, read 624,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
He may not have always been a racist but I firmly believe his anger was racially motivated.

For whatever reason something in his head went haywire and he did an indefensible, horrible thing.
Or maybe he was just p.o.'d at the world, angry & evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 02:54 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I'm not talking about groups. I'm talking individual shooters. When it's one muslim shooter, it's assumed they're a terrorist. If it's a black shooter, it's assumed they're a thug or a gang member. When it's a white shooter, it's assumed they're mentally ill.

Because of course a white shooter couldn't possibly be in full control of his faculties and commit such atrocities!
We will see, let's just let it take it's course.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:58 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
He absolutely is a racist POS and had racist motivations for his crime. And I think he was mentally deranged as well. The two are not mutually exclusive. But then again, I think racism is a mental defect as it is entirely illogical on its face. Makes no sense whatsoever like other irrational phobias make no sense.

Of note, it's College of Charleston, not university. Just over one block away from the church. My daughter attends there so a bit scary for her father and I.
Very scary. I'd consider her a very lucky lady today. Glad he's in custody! I remember when the Giffords shooting occurred, my daughter had been in school with Jared Lee Loughner. We were so thankful nothing happened at her school yet so very sad when he flipped out in Tuscon.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:12 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
If you can edit the freaks name out of your OP, please do. Just refer to him as the SC church shooter or something. Don't give these scum the attention they crave. I discuss it in this specific post from another thread;

https://www.city-data.com/forum/40070428-post476.html

Another words don't allow this scumbags name to be imbedded into our memories for all time like Charles Manson, Muhammad Atta, etc.
Sadly we know too many of these freaks names, and not the names of their poor victims.
Great post!

Last edited by picklejuice; 06-20-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 06-20-2015, 03:13 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
I once had a 14-yr-old classmate who tortured and killed an infant for the fun of it, according to his confession. This dude was a walking time bomb in school. "Bullying" was him on a good day. He was violent and mean. I _could_not_believe_ that someone let him babysit their kids, let alone an infant! I was completely shocked.

Even the people who had seen this guy be violent in school turned out to the media saying there was no indication he was like this. I confronted them and they claimed no recollection of the events, such as him kicking the **** out of other kids in the hallway. The teacher who facilitated the discussion of the news story shushed me when I pointed out to these people that this dude had punched, kicked, bullied, etc. and they had personally witnessed it. I don't know why the teacher chose that to be the one unacceptable thing to say.

This kid had no real friends because of his behavior, but all of a sudden the other kids were saying he was their friend and was a nice person.

Then his neighbors were interviewed and they said he was peaceful and sweet. I seriously doubt that was true. He could barely make it through an hour w/o acting out in a major way. He had been expelled from several schools because of this.

My point is, there appears to be some sort of human shock reaction when things like this happen. Or maybe they just want in on the attention and say what they think will get them the most.
I would think that speaking out and saying "Yeah, I saw this coming" would get more attention than saying that the kid was fine.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not normally according to what I have read. not all killers are mentally ill, most mentally ill people are more likely to be a victim of violence not be the perpetrator.

we have thousands of murderers in prision who torture their victims, decapitate them most have not been found mentally ill. this scum is not either. just a racist killer. he needed no other excuse.
"Mentally ill" can mean a variety of different things.

Schizophrenic is considered mentally ill. But depression and bipolar disorder can also be considered mentally ill.

Some consider personality disorders to be mentally ill too.

There's no doubt in my mind that all killers have at least one of these ailments.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:28 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
"I kept hearing and seeing his name, and eventually I decided to look him up. I read the Wikipedia article and right away I was unable to understand what the big deal was. It was obvious that Zimmerman was in the right. But more importantly this prompted me to type in the words “black on White crime” into Google, and I have never been the same since that day. The first website I came to was the Council of Conservative Citizens. There were pages upon pages of these brutal black on White murders. I was in disbelief. At this moment I realized that something was very wrong. How could the news be blowing up the Trayvon Martin case while hundreds of these black on White murders got ignored?"
There isn't a single statement made by Roof that cannot be found on any number of threads right here on C-D. Often when I think to myself, why argue with these racist pieces of work, I will remind myself that if I don't counteract the lies, distortions, and misstatements that I am allowing another young man's mind to be poisoned by others.

Folks can look for, or more to the point, hope for, some sort of mental instability (see the entire group of Republican candidates) to explain these events but the truth of the matter is that there is a calculated campaign to foment racism and it isn't coming from Obama or the left. Throughout history, in times of economic distress, racism, be it against the Irish, the Italians, Jews, or African Americans has always been the go to option and it is no different now.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:30 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
"I kept hearing and seeing his name, and eventually I decided to look him up. I read the Wikipedia article and right away I was unable to understand what the big deal was. It was obvious that Zimmerman was in the right. But more importantly this prompted me to type in the words “black on White crime” into Google, and I have never been the same since that day. The first website I came to was the Council of Conservative Citizens. There were pages upon pages of these brutal black on White murders. I was in disbelief. At this moment I realized that something was very wrong. How could the news be blowing up the Trayvon Martin case while hundreds of these black on White murders got ignored?"
There isn't a single statement made by Roof that cannot be found an any number of threads right here on C-D. Often when I think to myself, why argue with these racist pieces of work, I will remind myself that if I don't counteract the lies, distortions, and misstatements that I am allowing another young man's mind to be poisoned by others.

Folks can look for, or more to the point hope for some sort of mental instability (see the entire group of Republican candidates) to explain these events but the truth of the matter is that there is a calculated campaign to foment racism and it isn't coming from Obama or the left. Throughout history, in times of economic distress, racism be it against the Irish, the Italians, Jews, or African Americans has always been the go to option and it is no different now.
Exactly! I couldn't agree more

Old 06-20-2015, 03:35 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Or maybe he was just p.o.'d at the world, angry & evil.
I know...The words keep flying on some sites...deranged..delusional. If anyone took the time to look up delusional..It mean's it's not based in reality. Well..I see, read (everyday talk on TV and online) the constant drumbeat of horrendous bigotry and racial slandering ..( not just black folk either)..and the websites primarily preaching such things...

How can anyone say it's delusional?? Normal well adjusted human's want to believe what he says or does just couldn't be anything but a joke, not serious because to them it's not reality..however...Obviously everything he said, did, complain about was based on what he learned ..not dreamt up somehow... He in other words, blamed "Them" for his state of life..not the drugs, alcohol or inability to work that led to his parasitical lifestyle..It was ALL on THEM...Taking over "His World"??? Just another hate filled person fed hate speech and rhetoric that he assimilated into his "Mission in Life"....Read his manifesto..It all started after Trayvon Martin was murdered..All the hateful speech spewed daily!!..GZ's not guilty verdict somehow gave him the Green Light" that it's not only okay to "kill them off" but sanctioned...I can only SMH

Old 06-20-2015, 03:42 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
There isn't a single statement made by Roof that cannot be found on any number of threads right here on C-D. Often when I think to myself, why argue with these racist pieces of work, I will remind myself that if I don't counteract the lies, distortions, and misstatements that I am allowing another young man's mind to be poisoned by others.

Folks can look for, or more to the point, hope for, some sort of mental instability (see the entire group of Republican candidates) to explain these events but the truth of the matter is that there is a calculated campaign to foment racism and it isn't coming from Obama or the left. Throughout history, in times of economic distress, racism, be it against the Irish, the Italians, Jews, or African Americans has always been the go to option and it is no different now.
Was anything in that quote by Roof incorrect?

Hitler wanted into art school, so anyone now wanting into art school the same as Hitler?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events