Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 11:35 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I don't know, other than to say that I despise cable news in all of its incarnations. One would think that with all of the airtime that they have available viewers would be informed by the kind of nuanced reporting that complex stories deserve.
That and the fact that they never freakin' fact check anymore. If someone says they were his friend....get a camera on it and air it immediately. If someone shows up and says they saw the policeman stand over the guy and execute them in the back? Put it on the news fast!

If a family member that wasn't at the scene says that they were unarmed, framed etc etc etc....get them on the news without rebuttal....bonus if they call for riots too.

The news anymore is report fast.

Fix later.

Maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 11:46 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Judge Who Presided Over Dylann Roof Bond Hearing Was Reprimanded for Racial Slur - NBC News

And this man is still a judge... why?

Oh, wait... it's because he's a judge in a state that flies the Confederate flag at the state capitol... that's why he's still allowed to preside in a court of law.
Either that or he's a democrat and people came forth to explain his poor choice of words and how he's not really racist and has received counseling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu--RA2Rc5U

There are various other excuses that can be used if making racist remarks about jews, asians and a variety of others.....and then be absolved, they're found in many many places without confederate flags including the NAACP.

Apparently you are new to the whole "free pass" for racist remarks situation if this incidence is even remotely raising your eyebrows. It's pretty common if you keep your eyes open....and it's wrong.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:19 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
But if Roof was really racists towards blacks, why would he have a black friend or even associate on a personal level with a black person?

Are u serious?? Ive seen this fake crap all the time. And I never knew until OTHER whites told me what was said or did behind closed doors , or other certain things came to light. I mean this isn't the 1920's, so its just not as easy or practical to be very openly racist in just everyday life, but its still there. As we can see.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:31 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

Maybe this wasn't a hate crime?
That may be right. He seems to have done a lot of things calculated to maximize the publicity and notoriety he would get. And he may have thought that a racial angle would magnify the spotlight on him.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:38 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Either that or he's a democrat and people came forth to explain his poor choice of words and how he's not really racist and has received counseling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu--RA2Rc5U

There are various other excuses that can be used if making racist remarks about jews, asians and a variety of others.....and then be absolved, they're found in many many places without confederate flags including the NAACP.

Apparently you are new to the whole "free pass" for racist remarks situation if this incidence is even remotely raising your eyebrows. It's pretty common if you keep your eyes open....and it's wrong.
Quick! A Republican-appointed judge is a flaming racist! Dig up some quote by a dead Democrat!

But hey, Mathguy, I'm sure the racist judge appreciates you running interference for him.

Personally, I'm glad as can be Robert Byrd is no longer in the United States Senate. I don't run interference for racists. I don't care what the party ID is behind a racist - I have no use for them. None at all. I don't feel compelled to deflect attention from them.

Unlike you.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:39 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That may be right. He seems to have done a lot of things calculated to maximize the publicity and notoriety he would get. And he may have thought that a racial angle would magnify the spotlight on him.
So you're saying it was just fake hate, not real hate...and he chose a black church instead of say, a suburban child care center, just for the notoriety?

Except that all of his writings emphasize race, not just a general anger at society or other clues to merely a desire for notoriety.

Why not accept what Roof says about himself rather than what one guy who may or may not be trying to gain his own notoriety has to say about him?

Old 06-21-2015, 06:59 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So you're saying it was just fake hate, not real hate...and he chose a black church instead of say, a suburban child care center, just for the notoriety?

Except that all of his writings emphasize race, not just a general anger at society or other clues to merely a desire for notoriety.

Why not accept what Roof says about himself rather than what one guy who may or may not be trying to gain his own notoriety has to say about him?
Well it seems Roof had been indoctrinated..then to find such as I did today spoke volumes ..

This youtube ( and plenty more to follow IF you so choose) show you just what has been filling his head and moulded his mindset ( nothing to do with Mental Illness BTW)..He just hated his life and embodied the ilks of those spewing HATE and spreading lies.. like this youtube illustrates!!

https://youtu.be/5dMD78oc-Ao

Old 06-21-2015, 07:16 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Are u serious?? Ive seen this fake crap all the time. And I never knew until OTHER whites told me what was said or did behind closed doors , or other certain things came to light. I mean this isn't the 1920's, so its just not as easy or practical to be very openly racist in just everyday life, but its still there. As we can see.
It has nothing to do with him being open about it; if the shooter hated blacks, why would he ever know a black person on such a personal level?

Old 06-21-2015, 07:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
and Hitler never hated Jews, I don't buy this story

Old 06-21-2015, 07:34 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Maybe this wasn't a hate crime?
I'm not an expert.... but I would think a shooting in a church would be a hate crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events