Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:03 PM

129 posts, read 124,224 times

Advertisements

You can't change the past, but we can grow beyond it.[/color][/quote]

No we cannot change the past, and some of us black folk are growing beyond it. And it may scare some of you. There exists, scattered around the United States, thousands of intelligent Black American individuals who believe it is imperative that we build an economy for us to survive in America. This means acquiring power, wealth and influence. And to do that we have to build our own enterprises. I am a black 50-something who counts himself among this group.

I'm about to get real un-PC here, so stop reading if your feelings are gonna get hurt.

We disdain white supremacists. That shouldn't surprise you. But we are also sick and tired of the bullcrap emanating from the #blacklivesmatter crowd, Pentecostal pimp preachers, and slick talking politicians. We're also REALLY disgusted by the ghetto thugs and bastard baby-makers who keep spawning new fatherless generations of fodder for WorldStar HipHop.

And the civil rights crowd, oh, the civil rights crowd. While they did great things, they stopped at the point white folks stopped lynching us and let a few of us in their neighborhoods and businesses. If they had been smart, they'd have taken it to the next level -- ECONOMIC. Now those folks of my own parents' generation are retired and all but telling us struggling youngers "I got mine, now you get yours." While white folks in general pass down wealth to their heirs.

We understand that to have power, wealth and influence we may have to leave the ghetto folk behind. They'd be a drag on our progress. It pains me to write this about my downtrodden fellow black Americans who either cannot or will not see the light. But the herd, alas, may very well have to be culled.

I don't mean to hijack this thread. But I have my reasons for feeling so strongly about what I wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 12:27 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I never said that he DESERVED sympathy; I said that he is getting it. He is getting understanding from millions of white Americans. Fact. The judge who oversaw his bond hearing was, also, supportive of Dylann and called to the families to offer him forgiveness.

To reiterate MY stance: I don't support his decision to kill innocent people. I do, however, understand the motive he had behind it.

You understand his motive? How? What kind of person can understand the motive of a stupid, gutless, coward racist gunning down almost a dozen innocent people?

Old 07-01-2015, 12:28 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
Sucks for you. Africans (who, you know, were actually born in Africa) tend to hate African AMERICANS more than any other race does. They don't like you guys one bit. So.. where do you go? What do you do?

I honestly don't have a problem with any of you if you would act civilized and quit attempting to break the laws of our land and squirting tears, crying 'racism' every time you are expected to serve your time OR act right.

Sadly, most of you are still living in trash.... slave quarters (the "ghetto") just like you did when you were our slaves. Why don't you get up and make something of yourself? If ONE black man can overcome, any of them can. No more excuses.
And you say you don't sympathize with Roof. BULL!!!

Old 07-01-2015, 03:22 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,406,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propexpert View Post
You can't change the past, but we can grow beyond it.[/color]

No we cannot change the past, and some of us black folk are growing beyond it. And it may scare some of you. There exists, scattered around the United States, thousands of intelligent Black American individuals who believe it is imperative that we build an economy for us to survive in America. This means acquiring power, wealth and influence. And to do that we have to build our own enterprises. I am a black 50-something who counts himself among this group.

I'm about to get real un-PC here, so stop reading if your feelings are gonna get hurt.

We disdain white supremacists. That shouldn't surprise you. But we are also sick and tired of the bullcrap emanating from the #blacklivesmatter crowd, Pentecostal pimp preachers, and slick talking politicians. We're also REALLY disgusted by the ghetto thugs and bastard baby-makers who keep spawning new fatherless generations of fodder for WorldStar HipHop.

And the civil rights crowd, oh, the civil rights crowd. While they did great things, they stopped at the point white folks stopped lynching us and let a few of us in their neighborhoods and businesses. If they had been smart, they'd have taken it to the next level -- ECONOMIC. Now those folks of my own parents' generation are retired and all but telling us struggling youngers "I got mine, now you get yours." While white folks in general pass down wealth to their heirs.

We understand that to have power, wealth and influence we may have to leave the ghetto folk behind. They'd be a drag on our progress. It pains me to write this about my downtrodden fellow black Americans who either cannot or will not see the light. But the herd, alas, may very well have to be culled.

I don't mean to hijack this thread. But I have my reasons for feeling so strongly about what I wrote.
That is what I'm talking about. YOU ARE EXACTLY what America needs. People like you who have taken accountability for themselves, not pointing fingers at anyone, but making life better. The past happened. Hitler happened too but Jews are going on with their lives. What annoys me is the hoards of other black Americans who want to sit on their behind and toss the fire at us instead of moving on - as if SIMPLY because we are white, then we are to blame for everything.

I occasionally have certain black people walk straight up to me in public (never seen them before in my life) and they say something to me like "Oh, you think because you're white you're better than me???" I'm standing there: I would NEVER have approached a random black person and talked nonsense over their race alone. And yet.. somehow I'm their scapegoat? ..... I'm sorry but no. I will not be the scapegoat.

I can see that in a way, black culture is built on this premise that we robbed them from their homeland, took their culture from them, then set them off into the world with no money - no land - no standing in our society like we had. I can see how if feels like being dropped off in the middle of the ocean to fend for yourself. But freedom is what was demanded, and freedom is what was given. And there has been help along the way; plenty of white Americans have tried to give a leg up to black Americans to level out the playing field. But we cannot forget our pasts. Taking down the Confederate flag is not the cure-all. The KKK having rallies and burning churches is not the cure. Dylann shooting innocent people is not the cure. Both sides are flared up to the extreme at this point and the only way around it is for us to start dealing with this on a one-to-one basis. Although - frankly - it seems this current racial dilemma is only going to get worse before it gets better again...

Anyway, I do applaud you.. I really love your post and I think you probably have a lot of insight to offer..

Old 07-01-2015, 03:48 PM

129 posts, read 124,224 times
Quote:
That is what I'm talking about. YOU ARE EXACTLY what America needs. People like you who have taken accountability for themselves, not pointing fingers at anyone, but making life better. The past happened. Hitler happened too but Jews are going on with their lives. What annoys me is the hoards of other black Americans who want to sit on their behind and toss the fire at us instead of moving on - as if SIMPLY because we are white, then we are to blame for everything.

I occasionally have certain black people walk straight up to me in public (never seen them before in my life) and they say something to me like "Oh, you think because you're white you're better than me???" I'm standing there: I would NEVER have approached a random black person and talked nonsense over their race alone. And yet.. somehow I'm their scapegoat? ..... I'm sorry but no. I will not be the scapegoat.

I can see that in a way, black culture is built on this premise that we robbed them from their homeland, took their culture from them, then set them off into the world with no money - no land - no standing in our society like we had. I can see how if feels like being dropped off in the middle of the ocean to fend for yourself. But freedom is what was demanded, and freedom is what was given. And there has been help along the way; plenty of white Americans have tried to give a leg up to black Americans to level out the playing field. But we cannot forget our pasts. Taking down the Confederate flag is not the cure-all. The KKK having rallies and burning churches is not the cure. Dylann shooting innocent people is not the cure. Both sides are flared up to the extreme at this point and the only way around it is for us to start dealing with this on a one-to-one basis. Although - frankly - it seems this current racial dilemma is only going to get worse before it gets better again...

Anyway, I do applaud you.. I really love your post and I think you probably have a lot of insight to offer..
Thank you. I am a firm believer in learning from history, in that those who forget are doomed to repeat. But now I know I cannot dwell on it. I feel an obligation to leave a legacy for my kids and my kids' kids. I was one of those come-of-age-in-the 70s blacks who was told to go to college and get "a good job." I've done that for 30 years and today I have little or nothing to show for it. I did everything right - got married, had kids, had the "good" job, went to church - you know, did the "respectable" stuff. Now I'm forced to take a new direction due to changes in the economy, in my former field, and repeated layoffs. I could go on and on with the gory details, but I won't bore you.

All that said, I love my people. But I cannot save the entire mass of black Americans. I can only take care of my immediate and extended family. That's why I've made it my goal to take on economic empowerment. My 25 year old son is also a huge proponent of empowerment - he sees what's going on and what he's up against. He and I share a business, and we landed our first IT networking client. And I have a 25 year old nephew is an owner operator of a tractor trailer and hopes to expand his business.

At one time, black people did have thriving economies but whites would find ways to destroy them. The 1921 destruction of the Greenwood district in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is the most prominent example. Upsets me to think of that. But now nearly 100 years later, we have a chance to restart that practice of building economies. And let's put it like this. If you do try today to take something from us that we built, you'd better be ready to meet your maker!

So this is kind of personal for me. I was truly angry about what happened in Charleston because I have family in South Carolina. But we black folk have to recognize that a thriving economy we own and control is our best protection (I can explain that later). As a black man told me years ago, "I don't care if you love me or not. I want the chance to make the same money you do."

I had to edit this post to say I am sorry you've had such negative experiences with some black folk. Trust me, so have I LOL. I have spent my life dealing with folks one on one, be they black, white, Indian, Hispanic or Native American. I have no hate. A part of me suspects that all this racial noise is just some folks' hustles. Anyhow, I will try to go about my business and hope and pray for the best as my family and I get to building our part of an economy.

Last edited by propexpert; 07-01-2015 at 04:01 PM..

Old 07-02-2015, 07:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,034,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propexpert View Post

No we cannot change the past, and some of us black folk are growing beyond it. And it may scare some of you. There exists, scattered around the United States, thousands of intelligent Black American individuals who believe it is imperative that we build an economy for us to survive in America.
I agree with 90% of what you wrote, but I just had to correct "thousands" to "MILLIONS" of us that are intelligent (I know it's hard for "some" on CD to fathom, but YES, there are "intelligent" blacks in america).

Remember, there are 40 MILLION BLACKS in this country, so the ones who make the news constantly are a small percentage JUST LIKE THEY ARE WITH WHITES.

You don't see the WASPs giving a crap about their hillfolk or trailer brethren do you?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I agree with 90% of what you wrote, but I just had to correct "thousands" to "MILLIONS" of us that are intelligent (I know it's hard for "some" on CD to fathom, but YES, there are "intelligent" blacks in america).

Remember, there are 40 MILLION BLACKS in this country, so the ones who make the news constantly are a small percentage JUST LIKE THEY ARE WITH WHITES.

You don't see the WASPs giving a crap about their hillfolk or trailer brethren do you?
I rarely see 'hill folk' or 'trailer brethren' make the news.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:18 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,034,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I rarely see 'hill folk' or 'trailer brethren' make the news.
I guess those bikers that shot up that texas establishment came from "middle to upper class" backgrounds then, huh?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:23 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,333,542 times
About this Burger King thing. If treating the guy to a Whooper with cheese, fries and coke got him to make a full detail confession, I'm all for it.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:29 AM

872 posts, read 828,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I guess those bikers that shot up that texas establishment came from "middle to upper class" backgrounds then, huh?

Quite a few of them did. Have you taken a look at the rides those bikers have??? No small change there......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events