Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:32 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,405 times

Advertisements

His capture and arrest appear to have been completely by the book, which is how it's supposed to be done. But what accounts for this?

Charleston shooting suspect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 03:40 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Slow news day?

Old 06-25-2015, 04:21 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Much ado about nothing.

What were they supposed to do, go home and slap one on a grill? Investigators have been known to send for everything from pizza to milkshakes--and yes, burgers--to elicit information from perps.

Yeesh.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:38 AM

And the Burger King is 1 mile from the jail...not like they went 50 miles for some specialty.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:52 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,638 times
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but A LOT OF WHITE AMERICANS can sympathize with Dylann. Not myself, I do not condone violence. Many white officers, fellow white inmates and white judges will treat him well during his lifetime in prison for having supported our race.

In fact, the only person that handled him ROUGH during his arrest was the black officer. The black officer was heavy handed on him during the search; the white officers barely touched him and handled him gently when they did. Didn't you see that?

He will be treated quite well among other whites in the system..

Old 06-25-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but A LOT OF WHITE AMERICANS can sympathize with Dylann. Not myself, I do not condone violence. Many white officers, fellow white inmates and white judges will treat him well during his lifetime in prison for having supported our race.

In fact, the only person that handled him ROUGH during his arrest was the black officer. The black officer was heavy handed on him during the search; the white officers barely touched him and handled him gently when they did. Didn't you see that?

I honestly thought "he got Burger King cuz he's white" would've been used well before the 4th post. I see progress...

Old 06-25-2015, 05:04 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but A LOT OF WHITE AMERICANS can sympathize with Dylann..........
Supposedly, a lot of people can sympathize with a father who kills someone who molested their children as well.

That doesn't change the fact, though, that the law has been broken.

In any event, let's look at this from a different angle with two aspects.

First of all, with various cases of police brutality around the country currently going on, there is probably no department that wants to be the next one in the news on those charges.

Secondly, with a case such as this, one probably does not want to blow it with charges that they were unduly heavy handed.

Quite frankly, A and B.

A: So he got Burger King.....SO WHAT? For whatever reason, if it was cheap, if it was easy, if it helps in interrogation, whatever.....so what?

B: Seeing how I haven't eaten fast food beef in decades, I would say that having that as a meal would be harsh. Of course, millions of my countryman would disagree with me.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:07 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:

Possibly...until they come to take him to the execution chamber.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:19 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Possibly...until they come to take him to the execution chamber.
That is ***IF*** he gets the death penalty. The only way (and the only reason) he would get the death penalty is because this is a high-profile case and every black american will come out of the woodwork to pressure the system and demand a death penalty for him. This is also a PRIME TIME for white politicians to get in on the mix and rally up minority support... if they agree to put this one man to death, they can brag for the rest of time that they love minorities (so that they will vote for them).

In the hands of white Americans, he wouldn't get the death penalty.... I'm not even sure he'll get it with a 1/2 black jury.

Think back on the incident that happened in Arizona some years ago... a shooter (Jared L) shot Senator Giffords. He killed 6 people, injured 13 and no death penalty.

They're already saying things like "He dropped out of school in the 9th grade, he's not smart enough to write a coherent sentence and pull a trigger!" and "He's young, he was brainwashed and didn't know any better" or "his father abused him and he had a broken home" or "he's just mentally ill" -- aren't you hearing all the excuses already? I am.

We shall see...

Last edited by G0DDESS; 06-25-2015 at 05:28 AM..

Old 06-25-2015, 05:21 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
His capture and arrest appear to have been completely by the book, which is how it's supposed to be done. But what accounts for this?

Charleston shooting suspect
Not sure why you are asking. Why wouldn't he be? That's pretty much the norm. It was here, too.

Marvin Banks, Curtis Banks, Joanie Calloway arrested after 2 Mississippi officers fatally shot | gulflive.com

"The three Hattiesburg residents were arrested without incident at different locations overnight following the shooting"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events