Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:43 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,834,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
That is ***IF*** he gets the death penalty. The only way (and the only reason) he would get the death penalty is because this is a high-profile case and every black american will come out of the woodwork to pressure the system and demand a death penalty for him. This is also a PRIME TIME for white politicians to get in on the mix and rally up minority support... if they agree to put this one man to death, they can brag for the rest of time that they love minorities (so that they will vote for them).

In the hands of white Americans, he wouldn't get the death penalty.... I'm not even sure he'll get it with a 1/2 black jury.

We shall see...
First of all your racism is obvious. Second, while it has yet to be decided, this could go to the Federal Courts as a hate crime. Do you remember Timothy McVeigh? A mostly white jury found him guilty and sentenced him to death (to compare to your Arizona example).

As you say "we shall see", yet you are already saying it won't happen in the same post.

I myself, believes he deserves the penalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 05:55 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,406,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
First of all your racism is obvious.
Not at all; my point is most southern white Americans have someone like this in their family. They can understand and sympathize with Dylann, whether its politically correct to admit it or not.

Quote:
Second, while it has yet to be decided, this could go to the Federal Courts as a hate crime. Do you remember Timothy McVeigh? A mostly white jury found him guilty and sentenced him to death (to compare to your Arizona example).

As you say "we shall see", yet you are already saying it won't happen in the same post.

I myself, believes he deserves the penalty.
Sure he *deserves* it. So did Jared Lee Loughner, not only for attempted murder on a Senator but also for the deaths of 6 other people (including a little girl and a chief judge of U.S. District Court for Arizona). But that didn't happen, did it.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:58 AM

37,639 posts, read 46,052,689 times
Quote:
Not at all; my point is most southern white Americans have someone like this in their family. They can understand and sympathize with Dylann, whether its politically correct to admit it or not.

Sure he *deserves* it. So did Jared Lee Loughner, not only for attempted murder on a Senator but also for the deaths of 6 other people (including a little girl and a chief judge of U.S. District Court for Arizona). But that didn't happen, did it.
You're nuts. Seriously.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:04 AM

625 posts, read 624,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
His capture and arrest appear to have been completely by the book, which is how it's supposed to be done. But what accounts for this?

Charleston shooting suspect
Uh, he was hungry.

Police are known to feed and water suspects before interrogation. Suspects talk more with some food in 'em.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Again, racist comment which is not true. If anything, Charleston is a more liberal area than the western side of SC. Liberals tend to be opposed to the death penalty. But even liberals can see when it is needed such as in the Boston Bomber case.

I can assure you that the majority of South Carolinians do not sympathize with this crazed young man.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 AM

13,407 posts, read 28,747,273 times
Quote:
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but A LOT OF WHITE AMERICANS can sympathize with Dylann. Not myself, I do not condone violence. Many white officers, fellow white inmates and white judges will treat him well during his lifetime in prison for having supported our race.

In fact, the only person that handled him ROUGH during his arrest was the black officer. The black officer was heavy handed on him during the search; the white officers barely touched him and handled him gently when they did. Didn't you see that?

He will be treated quite well among other whites in the system..
Gee and you were actually there and saw this with your own two eyes while he was being processed

Old 06-25-2015, 06:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
I thought this was going to be about his vest.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I thought this was going to be about his vest.
Turns out it's about a Whopper, Fries and Coke.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:09 AM

698 posts, read 588,413 times
Quote:
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but A LOT OF WHITE AMERICANS can sympathize with Dylann. Not myself, I do not condone violence. Many white officers, fellow white inmates and white judges will treat him well during his lifetime in prison for having supported our race.

In fact, the only person that handled him ROUGH during his arrest was the black officer. The black officer was heavy handed on him during the search; the white officers barely touched him and handled him gently when they did. Didn't you see that?

He will be treated quite well among other whites in the system..
Agreed, he will be hailed as a hero by the members of any white pride prison gang. He will probably have a great life on the inside surrounded by his type of people.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:12 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Agreed, he will be hailed as a hero by the members of any white pride prison gang. He will probably have a great life on the inside surrounded by his type of people.
even his protection will come at a stiff price
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events