Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,432,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
young white men probably commit all of the unsolved murders...so there's that

Old 06-25-2015, 09:14 AM

1,683 posts, read 813,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
But you dont, and the same goes for Latinos. Look at the mass shootings/killings currently going on in places like Baltimore, Philly, Detroit and Chicago. These are all black on black shootings/killings. Name me one white town in this country that is experiencing these type of white on white violent crimes involving shootings/killings.
The per capita violent (and property) crime rates in meth stricken small towns is off the charts. Many of those town are close to 100% white. I was looking at the crime comparison numbers on a reputable site (Best Places dot Net) and noticed outrageous crime (both property and violent crime) in places such as:

Rural/suburban Lakeport, CA (1% black) with a violent crime rate equal to Los Angeles and property crime much higher.

Notoriously "white" Crossville,TN (0.14% black) with a violent crime rate near nearly equal to Atlanta and a property crime rate that dwarfs Atlanta's.

92% white/5% black Portsmouth Ohio with a property crime rate off the charts even compared to Detroit or Memphis and a very high violent crime rate to go with it.

This list could go on for days.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:22 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,583,148 times
there are a few threads i came across in the past few months (searching ...) that linked to a chart where white-on-white crime was slightly larger than black-on-black crime (something like 92 % compared to 89 %).

and supposedly, 2014 is the first year where crimes in non-suburban/urban areas is greater than crimes in urban/suburbs (searching for the thread).

Old 06-25-2015, 09:32 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,147,542 times
I blame the Hip Hop generation corrupting these white minds Other times they have so much influence they just snap because they dont live in the hood.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:37 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,147,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Of course all generalizations have exceptions (nod to the PC influenced) but white people normally think and plan before they do something and blacks generally act on impulse as you mention. But to keep this in perspective, despite the random white mass killers, blacks still commit 13 times more murders in proportion to their population than do whites.

Blacks live in much greater concentrated poverty than whites do, and like may have said their beef is with a person or group most of the times in these shootings. Sometimes a radom person is chosen for robberies etc, but thats all races. When whites get upset or fired, they want to kill everyone.

If whites have more wealth than blacks in a society that favors and gives more privileges to whites, its only natural for more crimes to be committed in a poor black areas.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:48 AM

19,855 posts, read 12,127,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
young white men probably commit all of the unsolved murders...so there's that
Interesting. Please share your source.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:51 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,534,299 times
Well first. George Banks, Aaron Alexis, James Pough, Omar Thornton, John Allen Muhammad/Lee Malvo* were/are black. While not a mass shooting technically it still had the same psychology behind it, it just took longer.

Sueng-hui Cho and Jiverly Wong were Asian.

It seems the only ethnicity not involved in mass shootings is Hispanics.

So this is for mass shooters in general.

Depression from social anxiety turns intelligence into anger, insanity, and obsession. Then they convince themselves their actions is going to help someone or some great cause or at the very least put them in the history books. They don't care for human life, most often they kill themselves or get the cops to shoot them.

Most of these mass shooter while not being considered smart because of the heinous crimes they commit, were actually pretty intelligent, smarter than the average bear. It takes planning, manipulation and logistics to pull something off like a mass shooting.

Some are saying that SSRI drugs (Zoloft, Prozac anything with a lex in it) are actually causing the spike in mass shootings. I would believe it. These drugs probably override that little thing in their heads that says "I shouldn't do this."

Old 06-25-2015, 10:06 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,588,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
The per capita violent (and property) crime rates in meth stricken small towns is off the charts. Many of those town are close to 100% white. I was looking at the crime comparison numbers on a reputable site (Best Places dot Net) and noticed outrageous crime (both property and violent crime) in places such as:

Rural/suburban Lakeport, CA (1% black) with a violent crime rate equal to Los Angeles and property crime much higher.

Notoriously "white" Crossville,TN (0.14% black) with a violent crime rate near nearly equal to Atlanta and a property crime rate that dwarfs Atlanta's.

92% white/5% black Portsmouth Ohio with a property crime rate off the charts even compared to Detroit or Memphis and a very high violent crime rate to go with it.

This list could go on for days.
I dont doubt it, but you cant compare property crime or violent crimes that dont include mass shooting and killing amongst these whites to that of what's going on in the cities that I pointed out.

The types of crimes going on in these small impoverished white towns where many are meth addicts are burglary and robbery. I doubt mass white on white shooting/killings are going on in these towns and if they are the media surely isnt reporting it.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:21 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,090,958 times
Maybe they're more likely to suffer from mental illness than other racial groups are. We all know that certain diseases affect people of different races at different rates, so why would it be any different for mental illness? Also, remember that whites are by far the majority in this country, so there are far more whites to commit that crime than there are of other races.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:42 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,565,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
But you dont, and the same goes for Latinos. Look at the mass shootings/killings currently going on in places like Baltimore, Philly, Detroit and Chicago. These are all black on black shootings/killings. Name me one white town in this country that is experiencing these type of white on white violent crimes involving shootings/killings.
Name me one Black community where, the Unemployment rate is low, and jobs are plentiful.
Oh and there is still Black on Black crime.
Chicago and Detroit in the 80's does not count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events