Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 05:35 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times

Advertisements

With Rupert Murdoch stepping down as head of 21st Century Fox, leaving the huge media conglomerate in the hands of his son James and Lachlan who are reported to despise Roger Ailes and what Fox News has become, are the days of the right-wing rant numbered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 05:38 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
Shutdown a network that actually makes money? NO

Old 06-17-2015, 05:39 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
With Rupert Murdoch stepping down as head of 21st Century Fox, leaving the huge media conglomerate in the hands of his son James and Lachlan who are reported to despise Roger Ailes and what Fox News has become, are the days of the right-wing rant numbered?
I'm sure Jame & Lachlan could care less about the content. They are interested in the revenue.

From nothing more than a business perspective, Fox News is the #1 cable news network out there. It's ratings dwarf any of the other cable news channels. The rest are not even close. Ratings = Ad Revenue. So they would be silly to give up that cash cow.

Cable News Ratings for Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

Old 06-17-2015, 05:49 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,000 times
Quote:
I have always thought of Fox as center moderate, and maybe very slightly leaning left, but if you are far, far, left on the political spectrum, I guess it would appear to be a right wing news outlet by comparison to MSNBC and the current configuration of CNN.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:04 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,303,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I have always thought of Fox as center moderate, and maybe very slightly leaning left, but if you are far, far, left on the political spectrum, I guess it would appear to be a right wing news outlet by comparison to MSNBC and the current configuration of CNN.
You have to be far, far right of the political center to consider Fox as anything but the center-right publication. And more right than center.

We don't really have a center-leaning media anymore, unfortunately.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:07 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
Faux news? What is this here? Faux? I don't get i.....wait a minute! This is absolute brilliance! Man, C-D posters never cease to amaze me with the brilliant and original scathing humor. Faux....like fake but its pronounced like f-ah-x and spelled kind of like the network news station.

This is way to good not to share, can I Tweet this out!?

Old 06-17-2015, 06:21 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Faux news? What is this here? Faux? I don't get i.....wait a minute! This is absolute brilliance! Man, C-D posters never cease to amaze me with the brilliant and original scathing humor. Faux....like fake but its pronounced like f-ah-x and spelled kind of like the network news station.

This is way to good not to share, can I Tweet this out!?
This.

Thanks for posting it. I am sick to death of anyone who uses the words "faux news". they sound very silly. No, it isnt funny. Come up with some other way to insult what you dont like.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:21 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
It's all about the money, dream on.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
Quote:
I would rather listen to Bret Baier's news report than any other out there. His program, with Charles Lane and George will is the best perspective you're going to get in politics. Murdochs would be fools to let that go.

And Chris Wallace on Sunday a.m. is just icing on the cake. Good enough that liberals don't want to answer his questions. Liberal reporters can't say the same about themselves interviewing conservative politickers.

So of course the Murdochs are no fools. They might claim to despise Fox News just to maintain credibility in the business. Re: the gay hotelier who hosted a Ted Cruz event, now the loneliest gay on the planet.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:40 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
This.

Thanks for posting it. I am sick to death of anyone who uses the words "faux news". they sound very silly. No, it isnt funny. Come up with some other way to insult what you dont like.
The truth hurt??? Call it what YOU want to, but the rest of us who call it Faux News will continue to do so.
YOU are not the 'hall monitor' of City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events