Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:25 AM

6,843 posts, read 2,867,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I didn't miss your point, I just disagree.

I still personally don't care what anyone does or how they live their lives in this regard, as long as they're harming no one and if they do have kids, can afford them and provide loving environments for them.

Whether or not Bristol is being hypocritical doesn't even faze me as an argument. All that matters to me is that her kids will be taken care of and provided for in how they need to be, and I think they will be. The same can't be said for many other teen parents and their children, which at the end of the day, no matter which method of making sure you don't have a kid you preach, is all that matters to me.
I would assume that in Bristol's talks at schools, she is not just saying "don't have sex so you don't have kids, bye," but that she is also explaining, from experience, WHY it's not wise to have kids at such a young age, and how difficult it is to raise a kid when you're still a kid yourself.
[/quote]

And you would be wrong. You obviously don't know about the culture Bristol Palin was raised in. She is an evangelical Christian. Being a recovering Evangelical, I can tell you that these are very depraved people. Hypocritical and self righteous in the extreme. There is no love of the other in much of Evangelical Christianity. This is most evidenced by the many LGBT Christians that have been completely disowned by their families, and excommunicated by their churches. For many this is all the community they have. Most LGBT Christian youth end up homeless. Far too many commit suicide out of desperation, anything to make the pain stop. She could have reached out to young LGBT people with love and acceptance (you know...like Christ would); yet she didn't. She piled on with the marginalization, while preaching her own moral superiority. Their blood is on her hands. That's why she is called "hypocrite", because she is. She focuses on the sins of others, while ignoring or rationalizing her own. She is a modern day Pharisee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events