Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:03 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times

Advertisements

YEEhaw! This side-effect of the gay marriage ruling will make liberals EXPLODE - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Before all the banging about the messenger and the source, consider the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 03:36 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times
As a black gay man I am ok with this. Now people who have already been carrying around thier guns will be doing so legally. I still get to marry another man. Hell now we can hold hands in public, kiss in public and be packing together in public. Life is great.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:46 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
I lean left and I don't have any problem with people having concealed carry. One of my friends carries his .44 every time we go fishing together. It's the unrestricted open carry loons who want to bring their weapons into restaurants and businesses I worry about.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:07 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
YEEhaw! This side-effect of the gay marriage ruling will make liberals EXPLODE - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Before all the banging about the messenger and the source, consider the question.
What question?

All I see is a former Congressman and a poster who fail to comprehend that the analogy is nonsensical due to the fact that marriage is a fundamental right while carrying a concealed weapon is not. Carrying a weapon, concealed or otherwise, is not - the 10th Circuit held as much in 2013 (three years after Heller) and the United States Supreme Court declined to take issue with the 10th's ruling, and in 2014 similarly declined to review Drake, which upheld New Jersey's right to arbitrarily decline carry permits.

Marriage is a fundamental right:
14 Supreme Court Cases: Marriage is a Fundamental Right | American Foundation for Equal Rights

Carrying a weapon is not a right:
Court Rules There is No Right to Carry a Concealed Weapon | Legal News | Lawyers.com
Supreme Court declines to review New Jersey

It only takes four of nine Justices to grant cert - which means that at most three of the nine thought it was worth reviewing either of these denials of the right to carry.

Sorry. Allen West is sufficiently ignorant of constitutional law that he fails not only to understand the recent decision as well as gun control jurisprudence, he also fails to comprehend very basis elements of legal precedence. Thus, West's claim nationwide conceal-carry is a side-effect of Obergefell is incorrect. Anyone who buys West's claim has only their own gullibility to blame.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:18 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
This liberal with a conceal carry permit would love to be able to step foot in any one of the four neighboring states without violating their carry laws by inadvertently walking a few yards in the wrong direction.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:34 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
What Unsettomati said. Not that I'd really object to it, but the ruling did no such thing.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:11 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
What question?

All I see is a former Congressman and a poster who fail to comprehend that the analogy is nonsensical due to the fact that marriage is a fundamental right while carrying a concealed weapon is not. Carrying a weapon, concealed or otherwise, is not - the 10th Circuit held as much in 2013 (three years after Heller) and the United States Supreme Court declined to take issue with the 10th's ruling, and in 2014 similarly declined to review Drake, which upheld New Jersey's right to arbitrarily decline carry permits.

Marriage is a fundamental right:
14 Supreme Court Cases: Marriage is a Fundamental Right | American Foundation for Equal Rights

Carrying a weapon is not a right:
Court Rules There is No Right to Carry a Concealed Weapon | Legal News | Lawyers.com
Supreme Court declines to review New Jersey

It only takes four of nine Justices to grant cert - which means that at most three of the nine thought it was worth reviewing either of these denials of the right to carry.

Sorry. Allen West is sufficiently ignorant of constitutional law that he fails not only to understand the recent decision as well as gun control jurisprudence, he also fails to comprehend very basis elements of legal precedence. Thus, West's claim nationwide conceal-carry is a side-effect of Obergefell is incorrect. Anyone who buys West's claim has only their own gullibility to blame.
In typical fashion, because of your own problems, you can't fathom the question and instead, as expected, go after the OP and the messenger. Typical liberal nonsense.

The question is obvious, just because you can't figure it out means very little.

Read the OP "Before all the banging about the messenger and the source, consider the question."

You couldn't even get past step one.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:03 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
I'm a gay woman - I carry, and can in like 39 states.

I'd like to visit the northeast and the Capitol of my supposedly free and equal country, but I can't carry my gun there, because the Feds don't respect the constitution.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:12 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
I'm a gay married man and have no problem with conceal carry. We have it here in Oklahoma and haven't had any problems with it. I'm thinking of getting a hand gun myself. I have a couple of 20 gauge shotguns I use for bird hunting, I figure they will do enough damage if someone is foolish enough to try to craw through our window. Hey could you just see some fool crawling through our bedroom window? Us being two redneck gay men who love wrestling and tickling and then you know what that would lead too.... LOL

Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,688,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
This liberal with a conceal carry permit would love to be able to step foot in any one of the four neighboring states without violating their carry laws by inadvertently walking a few yards in the wrong direction.

This. The concealed carry law variances are absurd. There should be reciprocity among all states because right now as it stands, the laws make no sense whatsoever, you could be in Illinois and have no reciprocity in Wisconsin but someone from Utah does.

It creates a veritable minefield that seems to exist to ensnare your average law abiding citizen moreso than a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events