Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:45 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
What about a 5yr olds or babysitters vagina's?

Therapists are mandated reporters of abuse.

Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse andNeglect: Summary of State Laws
http://nic.unlv.edu/pcan/files/manda.pdf

mandated by law to report child maltreatment.1
Individuals designated as mandatory reporters typically have frequent contact with children. Such individuals may include:
Social workers
• Teachers and other school personnel
• Physicians and other health-care workers
• Mental health professionals
• Child care providers
• Medical examiners or coroners
• Law enforcement officers

Some other professions frequently mandated across the States include commercial film or photograph processors (in 11 States, Guam, and Puerto Rico), substance abuse counselors (in 14 States), and probation or parole officers (in 17 States).2
Seven States and the District of Columbia include domestic violence workers on the list of mandated reporters, while seven States and the District of Columbia include animal control or humane officers.3

Court-appointed special advocates are mandatory
Yes, that is what it may say today. Again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
In the 2002 time frame sibling sexual abuse did not fall under mandatory reporting laws in many states unless the parents failed to intervene, and then was it considered child neglect. The addition of sibling sexual abuse is fairly recent and is still not covered in all states, again except if the parents know about it and don't address it, then it falls under either failure to protect or neglect. The Duggars did intervene, that people don't think they did it right is immaterial under the laws at the time. By the way, experts in the field believe that sibling sexual abuse is the most common form of incest and it is estimated that it goes unreported in 75-80% of the cases when it does become known. There is some interesting research out of Austrailia on the topic but even that is sparse.
In order to figure out if they broke the law you have to go back to the laws at the time of the event, not today's laws. Also, the babysitter would still not be covered under these statutes even today. She was the caretaker, not the taken care of.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
I believe bolded sentence incorrect, in fact, clergy were added to the list in 2002.

Quote:
Yes, that is what it may say today. Again:
In order to figure out if they broke the law you have to go back to the laws at the time of the event, not today's laws. Also, the babysitter would still not be covered under these statutes even today. She was the caretaker, not the taken care of.

In the 2002 time frame sibling sexual abuse did not fall under mandatory reporting laws in many states unless the parents failed to intervene, and then was it considered child neglect. The addition of sibling sexual abuse is fairly recent and is still not covered in all states, again except if the parents know about it and don't address it, then it falls under either failure to protect or neglect. The Duggars did intervene, that people don't think they did it right is immaterial under the laws at the time. By the way, experts in the field believe that sibling sexual abuse is the most common form of incest and it is estimated that it goes unreported in 75-80% of the cases when it does become known. There is some interesting research out of Austrailia on the topic but even that is sparse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I believe bolded sentence incorrect, in fact, clergy were added to the list in 2002.
Not who reports. What is reported under the laws. Sibling sexual abuse is what was not on the list in most states. I was teaching at the time and we ran into this debate. It was not mandated at the time.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Not who reports. What is reported under the laws. Sibling sexual abuse is what was not on the list in most states. I was teaching at the time and we ran into this debate. It was not mandated at the time.
Believe it if you wish....

Sexual abuse a mandated reported crime, regardless of relationship to the victim.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Believe it if you wish....

Sexual abuse a mandated reported crime, regardless of relationship to the victim.
It has nothing to do with what I wish. You have to go by the parameters of when the events occurred, not today. Do you not get it? Under most jurisdictions it wasn't considered abuse back then but rather inappropriate sibling interactions.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:55 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
So your whole issue is that she was asleep? Otherwise it's not the same? Maybe they would all need to be wearing the same color shirt as Josh and the outside temp has to be exact, otherwise, only Josh Duggar is the guilty one and should be paying millions and serving a prison sentence.
No, my whole issue is you guys blithely remarking that there's plenty of boys you could sue retroactively because they touched your boobs at recess, or where ever, which was not big deal and that none of you were traumatized by. Well, bully for you. I assume you could have delivered a swift kick to their balls at the time? At least you had some power.

It's an entirely different matter to be touched in a home you are entrusted to, while you aren't aware. You have no recourse. And being askeep makes it worse, it is not a mittigating factor.

When you get older they can substitute date rape drugs to achieve the same effect.

Thank god newer generations are taking this crap seriously finally.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with what I wish. You have to go by the parameters of when the events occurred, not today. Do you not get it? Under most jurisdictions it wasn't considered abuse back then but rather inappropriate sibling interactions.
I'll look into this more. Just a bit pffed from yesterdays posts and a nasty exchange, only to find after reading through 33 pages of reports, what were being told to posters didn't exist.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I'll look into this more. Just a bit pffed from yesterdays posts and a nasty exchange, only to find after reading through 33 pages of reports, what were being told to posters didn't exist.
I only know 100% that in the state where I was teaching in 2001, which was not Arkansas, it was not covered by mandatory reporting laws. The way around it was if the parents did not address it, then it became failure to protect. Guess what the parents we were dealing with didn't do - that's right, not a freaking thing. They didn't believe their son, and said he was just jealous of his brother and lying. They finally removed the younger brother from the home for child neglect after they failed to seek treatment for the older brother, but only after 6 months. You think we didn't want something done? This wasn't touching a clothed breast either, it was significantly worse. According to the district lawyer it wasn't under mandated reporting and there was supposedly no justification for CPS to intervene. Sick, right?

Old 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
DHS was called to the home not too long ago and no one would answer the door. I don' think this "Quiver-full" has any acknowledgement of/for child protective services or Department of Human Services.

---------------------------------------------------------

DHS records are not available to the public so it is unknown what prompted the investigation. Experts tell In Touch that an investigation can be triggered by a hotline complaint, even an anonymous one, if the trained operator determines the allegation is serious enough that it meets standards for child abuse maltreatment laws.
New Investigation Launched Against Duggar Family

Duggars were investigated by DHS in May and 911 was called, new report claims | Fox News

It wouldn’t be the first time the DHS looked into the Duggar family. Back in 2006, the Duggars were questioned by police and later investigated by the DHS when someone called a hotline to report the rumored abuse the family has since admitted occurred.
No they do not acknowledge child and family services. JimBob is the head of that family and GOD is the head of JimBob. And that is that.

THAT is but one problem with the "Quiver-full cult".

Old 07-06-2015, 08:48 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No, my whole issue is you guys blithely remarking that there's plenty of boys you could sue retroactively because they touched your boobs at recess, or where ever, which was not big deal and that none of you were traumatized by. Well, bully for you. I assume you could have delivered a swift kick to their balls at the time? At least you had some power.

It's an entirely different matter to be touched in a home you are entrusted to, while you aren't aware. You have no recourse. And being askeep makes it worse, it is not a mittigating factor.

When you get older they can substitute date rape drugs to achieve the same effect.

Thank god newer generations are taking this crap seriously finally.
100% agree, and yes us younger ones ARE taking this stuff very seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events