Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 02:07 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Oh I see you just like to argue. Life is to short to just argue for no reason. Do you if makes you feel better. I'll just ignore you in the further. I am a better person because of the people in my life who ave stood up to me and tried to influence me when I was wrong. I hold those people in the highest regard because that takes guts. People who argue simply because they are right are a completely different story. I normally avoid them because they generally only push people further away from the truth.

my response...

Quote:
I'm not looking to persuade you--I knew you were wrong.

It's interesting that you owned up to it.

As for my previous post...it should be posted again...

Quote:
If you grab anyone, with reasonable suspicion to prevent them from harming you, that is NOT battery. It doesn't matter if it's a man, woman or a transgendered person.

Let's use an ounce of common sense here.

If I grab you and push you for ABSOLUTELY no reason, then yes that is battery.

If you raise your fist and appear to be in a stance to strike me, then YES I can grab you within in reason to prevent you from inflicting harm on me. That is not a crime--that is just common got dam sense.

And you're simply wrong--you continue to dress this up as if I left something out.

I directed you to a quote in a news article about his interpretation of the events of him grabbing her to attempt to prevent her from striking him--THEN I specifically pointed out parts of the video that coincided with that interpretation.

This wasn't necessarily an "opinion", this was simply an opinion with facts interwoven into them.

You were simply wrong, nothing more nothing less. Your opinions were wrong and you didn't have any facts. It was a double negative in your case.

Like I said, I tried (and continue to try) to point out the fallacies of your POV, then you insisted on running off of the cliff.

That's pretty much it wrapped up with a pretty bow..
That's pretty much the Universe in a nutshell.

Take it as a lesson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 02:17 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
I do not advocate hitting women. Its a courtesy thing because there are some women out there that could whip 90% of men's butts.

In this case the woman clearly hit him first. It might have been provoked.

His reflex was to pop her back. I dare say he could have knocked her out cold if not killed her with a single punch.

Yeah, he was a butt but he might have done her a favor, or two. One, he pulled his punch and didn't kill her. Two, she will think twice about slapping anyone the rest of her life.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:18 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
She raised a fist to him, and he easily could have walked away. He didn't have to grab her to defend himself, he choose that approach...considering his physical stature, he was in no real danger, and he knew that. If he had backed up and she had come at him swung at him, that's a different story, but that isn't what happened.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:24 PM

1,136 posts, read 924,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
She raised a fist to him, and he easily could have walked away. He didn't have to grab her to defend himself, he choose that approach...considering his physical stature, he was in no real danger, and he knew that. If he had backed up and she had come at him swung at him, that's a different story, but that isn't what happened.
That' is not a fair argument. In Florida raising her fist like that was assault. Also there is a longer video that shows her shoving him as he tries to take a seat, which is battery. He has a right to not be threatened with violence and physically attacked because he is a man and she is a woman.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
my response...
You are correct you were right and I was wrong. Its a shame because you seem like an intelligent person but your attitude makes it very obvious communicating with you its more of a problem than it is a source of enlightenment. I have noticed most highly intelligent people are this way.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:30 PM

545 posts, read 594,824 times
Woman are clamoring for equal rights....when you start a fight you better damn well back your actions up!!

Old 07-07-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
Woman are clamoring for equal rights....when you start a fight you better damn well back your actions up!!
After watching this video I am boycotting CNN. Its disgusting that they cut the video in a way to push a certain narrative.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:44 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
After watching this video I am boycotting CNN. Its disgusting that they cut the video in a way to push a certain narrative.
*snicker* You're just NOW figuring this out? Good grief, it's been happening for years.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:46 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
My thought also is that the DA got a hold of the entire video and felt that there was sufficient evidence to have charges filed and a warrant issued,

Old 07-07-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
My thought also is that the DA got a hold of the entire video and felt that there was sufficient evidence to have charges filed and a warrant issued,
The way we handle law in this country is appaling. DAs bring cases they know they can't win hoping to get a plea deal. I hope he fights it and sues the university.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events