Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 11:20 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times

Advertisements

I am glad he was kicked off the team. Men, if a female hit you, just walk away and report it to police. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Still, no matter what she did, he was dead wrong for that. Men should never hit women, imo.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Having said that, anyone who thinks a punch from a woman warrants a return punch from a man, let alone a conditioned, strong, football player, is twisted.
Agree. All he had to do was be a man and walk away but instead he had his little feelings hurt and slugged the woman. Idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 11:24 AM

1,136 posts, read 923,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
This is what I saw..apparently a lot of people here are selectively blind. She did raise her fist to him, but he got physical first.

Now he is playing the race card, of course.

De'Andre Johnson's lawyer said woman yelled racial slurs | jacksonville.com
Your article wasn't viewable until i hit reply. Reading made me truly hate lawyers. Anyone watching that video can see him and his lawyer are lying. He was the aggressor. It doesn't matter what she called him. He is no better than these PC cry babies who whine when they realize not everyone likes them. Chances are she did not call him anything. He simply thought being an athlete made him a privileged individual. He deserves to be expelled for this.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:24 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Enforcing gender based double standards in a genderfluid society. Who knew it would be this difficult?
Haha.....true.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:25 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
This is what I saw..apparently a lot of people here are selectively blind. She did raise her fist to him, but he got physical first.

Now he is playing the race card, of course.

De'Andre Johnson's lawyer said woman yelled racial slurs | jacksonville.com
"Selectively blind?"

Were you watching another video? The woman clearly raises her hand with a balled fist, and strikes him in the face first.

He then follows suit and returns with a similar blow, it was clearly retaliatory.

Apparently she wasn't arrested for assault when she should have been.

Was the DA playing the "woman card?" (i.e. never hit a woman even if she has a gun to your head?)

I applaud him, play the "race card" if we're going to start playing card games here.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Wow, simply based on the title of the article I thought that the guy was simply an abuser.

Now that I see the video, this is clearly unfair in my eyes. At worst they should have both been arrested. She swung and punched him in the face first, which led to him retaliating and doing the same.

Why wasn't she arrested too?

You mean to tell me that any woman should be able to punch me in the face with absolutely no consequence, and as a man, it's my duty to just simply walk away and shrug it off?
If you grab and push a woman you have committed assault. He assulted her and she tried to defend herself. You know this is true because you purposely start your argument at the point where she tried to punch him and not when he grabbed and pushed her.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
"Selectively blind?"

Were you watching another video? The woman clearly raises her hand with a balled fist, and strikes him in the face first.

He then follows suit and returns with a similar blow, it was clearly retaliatory.

Was the DA playing the "woman card?" (i.e. never hit a woman even if she has a gun to your head?)

I applaud him, play the "race card" if we're going to start playing card games here.

Can you read? Go back and read the court record. She did not hit him first. She raised her hand to protect herself.

God, you people are looking for excuses for his behavior, which makes me think you're probably abusive toward women and feel it's justified.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
"Selectively blind?"

That is a lie. He grabbed and shoved her first.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:30 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
"Selectively blind?"

Well that race card is not working out too well is it. He ruined his football career. For what? Not to mention the fact that you selectively leave out the part where he grabbed her. Hit a woman and expect most people to be offended by it.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
That guy messed up his future with that punch. Really wasn't worth it.

On the other hand, that princess will think twice before she punches another guy in the face.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
"Selectively blind?"

Okay, maybe just not very smart? Incapable of processing information? Brain dead?

He grabbed her arm after she raised her fist. Then she punched him AFTER her hand got free..then he smashed her in the face.

Then, to try to justify it, his lawyer is saying that she called him racist names.

Go on supporting a cowardly enabled jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events