Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 12:11 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm all eyes...post the court records...
This was posted pages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
According to court records per this article:

The incident occurred while the woman was waiting in line for a drink at Yianni's nightclub and felt Johnson push past her aggressively, court records say.

When she addressed him at the bar, she raised her arm to defend herself, and he grabbed her arm and began pushing her. She raised her knee into his midsection to push him away and attempted to punch him, court records say, before Johnson punched her on the left side of her face.

The woman suffered bruising near her left eye, swelling of the left cheek and upper lip, and a small cut near the bridge of her nose, according to court records.

Johnson left the bar after the incident and the woman remained.
State Attorney Willie Meggs, who will prosecute the case, said the woman still had the black eye when she met with prosecutors Tuesday.
He said he reached the decision to charge Johnson after reviewing surveillance video from the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 12:11 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Not that this makes what he did right, but she did hit him first.....

Women need to learn that if u hit somebody.... u could potentially be hit back.
Again, not saying what he did was right, but he was provoked.... the girl clearly hit him in the face first.

Not for nothing, but....karma is a bizzatch

Well another option is that he could of walked away called the pd and had her arrested for assault and battery. Now if she came at him with a weapon that's a bit different.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Well another option is that he could of walked away called the pd and had her arrested for assault and battery. Now if she came at him with a weapon that's a bit different.
Watch the video. He had already grabbed her. If he had gone to the police he would have been arrested for battery.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm all eyes...post the court records...

I already posted what the court records state. Go back and find them. You're posting without looking at new information.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He is purposely ignoring all evidence contrary to his opinion.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Watch the video. He had already grabbed her. If he had gone to the police he would have been arrested for battery.

Yeah sorry man I can't. It slows and skips so all I saw was her at first. But if he assaulted/grabbed her first then it's all in him. I know sometimes these ball players get baited into fighting or doing something stupid.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Yeah sorry man I can't. It slows and skips so all I saw was her at first. But if he assaulted/grabbed her first then it's all in him. I know sometimes these ball players get baited into fighting or doing something stupid.

Yeah, that must have been it. He must have been baited.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Those aren't court records, that's an article by the "Tallahassee Democrat"...a jouranlist wrote that ...post the actual court petition.

Second, here's another article that his side of things..

"The video showing the incident was released on Monday by state attorney Willie Meggs. It shows the two pushing each other at the crowded bar, after which the woman begins yelling at Johnson and raised her right fist.

Johnson grabbed her arm and the woman appears to try to knee Johnson in the groin. She then swung at him with her left fist and missed, and he retaliated by punching her on the left side of her face, drawing blood and buckling her knees. He then left the bar before police arrived.

It wasn’t until she struck him twice that he reacted,” Baez told NBC. “But he is very ... he is very regretful that he didn’t turn around and walk away immediately. He makes no excuses for what happened.”

Baez said Johnson “tried to de-escalate the situation” by initially grabbing her arm.
Baez said he has witnesses that said they heard the woman say the racial epithets."

http://jacksonville.com/sports/colle...d-woman-yelled

Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
HeadingtoDenver posted a still from the beginning of the video. It starts with him grabbing her.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:22 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Yes I agree that she is the one who hit him first, but two wrongs don't make one right. He should have called the police and had her arrested. That would have been the right thing to do and the legal way to handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events