Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 11:55 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It would not matter, if the water had been stolen, whether it was used to fill a swimming pool, for farming, or to wash his cars.

Stealing is stealing. Someone who knocks off a convenience store has done the crime. Doesn't matter if they spent the money on drugs or food for their family.

In this case, however, it's not stealing at all.
First of all, he didn't steal the water he paid for it.

Second, you are stuck on stating the obvious, that stealing is wrong, meanwhile spinning stories to shame public figures is also wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
just goes to show you that society's rules are just designed to keep the working class and middle class in check.

the rich and powerful have their own form of government.
It doesn't show that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It is a racist attack, a hidden agenda attack on all hispanics! Since what Selleck grows are Avocados which are used frequently in Hispanic food this attack is just another veiled swipe at them.

I mean, we wouldn't need Avocados if "they" didn't live here right?
Finally, the voice of reason. Seriously, though "we" just used to call avocados by another name, alligator pears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 12:02 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,556,387 times
So why didn't Magnum PI just return The water authorities phone calls. This would not have gotten so ugly. He could of had his personal assistant make a phone call.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:07 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
just goes to show you that society's rules are just designed to keep the working class and middle class in check.

the rich and powerful have their own form of government.

Yeah?
What part of this case leads you to such a conclusion?

Old 07-13-2015, 01:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Perhaps the Op doesn't remember Hollywood types having gas pumps installed during the embargo. The reputation of entertainers has never been exactly good overall.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:19 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Perhaps the Op doesn't remember Hollywood types having gas pumps installed during the embargo. The reputation of entertainers has never been exactly good overall.
It's not celebrities, it's rich people in general, (which I'll never understand middle class people defending a stacked game so vehemently on these boards). Even here in NJ when we were on water restrictions years ago we weren't allowed to water lawns...but the rich homes lining the beach still had green as money grass while everyone else's turned brown...because they had underground sprinklers that they set to go off in the middle of the night. Anybody including the authorities could see by their lawn they were watering them, but rules don't apply to the rich so nothing was ever done.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:41 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
First of all, he didn't steal the water he paid for it.

Second, you are stuck on stating the obvious, that stealing is wrong, meanwhile spinning stories to shame public figures is also wrong.
Considering that your first line restates exactly what I said in the last.. I'd say you are stuck on restating the obvious.

There was no spin to the story.. It was wrong information. Which was put out by the city. Hard to blame the journalists in this case.. Other than for the fact that I haven't seen retractions from any of them.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:44 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Water is FREE. Go into any resturant and ask for a glass. If you home is on fire, they city does not send you a bill for the water used.
Have you ever tried to put out a fire with glasses of water? It doesn't work very well.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:07 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Considering that your first line restates exactly what I said in the last.. I'd say you are stuck on restating the obvious.

There was no spin to the story.. It was wrong information. Which was put out by the city. Hard to blame the journalists in this case.. Other than for the fact that I haven't seen retractions from any of them.
Because you kept repeating that to undermine the point about spin. Either didn't read or didn't understand the CNN or similar articles or don't understand what is meant by spin.
CNN "droughtshaming," no spin there.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:36 PM

3,503 posts, read 2,666,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The damage is done. It was put out that he was stealing water. Too little too late. If I were he, I'd be pissed.

Just because it's in print, doesn't mean it's the truth.

I'm also pissed that the half-wit actors think they are special, this idiot has been warned for over a year now. If he would have stop this practice of stealing water no one would have said anything about it. Of course you like his fictional TV character and think he is special.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:38 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,689,807 times
I always knew behind that slick mustache lurked a real *******.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events