Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times

Advertisements

The new FBI director stated that there would be no plea offered to Snowden calling him a fugative to be brought to justice in US. He dismissed ex-Attorney General Holders suggestion out right. Good thing holders gone: IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 10:20 PM

379 posts, read 359,652 times
Hopefully he is extradited to Utah (where the NSA stores the real names of City Data users) and faces the firing squad.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:43 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times
As much as we'd all like to vilify Snowden, I'd say he probably did a lot of good. We all like to complain here, but he actually had a hand in bringing about change.

Does he deserve to walk free? No. Does he deserve to be charged with treason or be executed? Absolutely not. Well, not in my opinion.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:00 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Sad that Americans vilify one of the few fellow Americans who had the courage to stand up against government abuse.

Was he reckless about it? Yeah. But it's a situation where he should be fired (for the recklessness/liability), or at most, sued for damages. Not face potential death for 'treason'.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:06 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The new FBI director stated that there would be no plea offered to Snowden calling him a fugative to be brought to justice in US. He dismissed ex-Attorney General Holders suggestion out right. Good thing holders gone: IMO.
Thank God we live in a wonderful country where our government is transparent and people are never persecuted for exposing their government's actions. Those poor people in other countries don't know how it is to live in the land of freedom.

♪ ♫ ♬ "O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?"
♪ ♫ ♬

Old 07-10-2015, 01:17 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,968,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
Hopefully he is extradited to Utah (where the NSA stores the real names of City Data users) and faces the firing squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Good thing most American's throughout the history (and presently) don't share this mindset. If they did we would not be known as the land of the free and illegal activity such as that of the NSA would go unchecked.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:42 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Sad that Americans vilify one of the few fellow Americans who had the courage to stand up against government abuse.
Courage, is doing what you think is right and owning up to it in public, not running off to Russia of all places.

I hasten to add, that I find nothing courageous about the indiscriminate dumping of American intelligence.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:20 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Courage, is doing what you think is right and owning up to it in public, not running off to Russia of all places.

I hasten to add, that I find nothing courageous about the indiscriminate dumping of American intelligence.

And if he did this during the Bush Administration some would hail him as a hero. He exposed the Obama Administration as being just like the last or worse. So much for Transparency

Old 07-10-2015, 12:25 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,784,667 times
I don't think it is a smart move for Snowden to move back to the US regardless if he is granted immunity, reduced charges or has to face full charges. He would always be looking over his shoulder here and that is no way to live.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:25 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
he let out some truth about liars.

liars never like that.

I'd buy him a beer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events