Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 07:44 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

Drones visit California wildfire, angering firefighters - CNN.com

These disgusting morons should be hit with 'MASSIVE' fines!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 07:59 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Welcome to the advanced version of useless people whipping out cell phones to film people in distress.

Drones are just one of the unstoppable waves of the future. Companies are investing millions in them in order to reign in better control of their operations. Expect private citizens to do the same to make some fast cash. Just the world we live in now.

The things we used to think were morally incomprehensible just ten years ago will be completely commonplace in the next five.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:17 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,717,779 times
A predictable course awaits:

Some eejits will continue to interfere with operations like this, prompting legislative action, which will prompt the reaction of people who want less government involvement. And so it goes.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
A predictable course awaits:

Some eejits will continue to interfere with operations like this, prompting legislative action, which will prompt the reaction of people who want less government involvement. And so it goes.
Maybe if they charge people like this for the loss of property and/or lives,the morons would back off with their "ambulance chasing drones". It just amazes me how brainless some people can be!

Old 07-19-2015, 04:53 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Maybe the helicopters should have dropped the water on the drones? I understand the 20 minutes though.
That's pretty much the lifespan of a single charge on a $1200 drone.

If the pilot hits the drone - instant $1200 fine. Im not sure it would be safe to do, but it would be effective.

On the other hand, we have technology that can instantly shut down someone's car engine, depending on if its a new car or not. Maybe something like that, to instantly shut down a drone, is needed.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:33 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
I f'in hate these things already! I was laying out on our common area deck the other night someone had a drone flying around. It kept hovering about 15 feet from me, and I ended up after about 20 minutes just going in....it really sucks that I can't even lay out anymore. To me that drone was no different than if some stranger just came up the stairs and just stood there and stared at me. I know you get in trouble if you knock them down, but boy did I want to take that thing out!

Old 07-19-2015, 09:38 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
They need to equip them with radio interference equipment to down the drone in such cases. Not hard to do.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:44 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
The FCC controls radio frequencies ... I'm pretty sure drones have to operate on certain frequencies .... a simple jamming device would knock them out of the air. That or a well placed shot from a bean bag gun, small net launcher or rip the RC unit out of the controllers hands and beat him with it.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:53 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,676,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I f'in hate these things already! I was laying out on our common area deck the other night someone had a drone flying around. It kept hovering about 15 feet from me, and I ended up after about 20 minutes just going in....it really sucks that I can't even lay out anymore. To me that drone was no different than if some stranger just came up the stairs and just stood there and stared at me. I know you get in trouble if you knock them down, but boy did I want to take that thing out!
It may time to take up skeet shooting.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:14 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
What needs to happen, and it may go that way, is that drone flying areas become so restricted, it becomes basically a permit issue unless a person is on their own property. Drones not allowed unless having a permit where it would make it you cannot just fly a drone over private or public property without a permit to do so. This would of course have to expand the "property rights" issues into airspace, but this was never an issue until now.

So a drone operator would have to basically get a permit to fly the drone anywhere other than their own property, an area without a permit rule in place, or an area designated for drone flying.

Regardless of the law, if a drone comes hovering over my balcony just to sit their and spy on me, I am knocking it out of the air, they can take me to court or what ever, I do not care. Actually, I will just capture it and let them go through the hassle of trying to get me to court to get their property back, after all, I "found" it, no different than finding a show in the park.

Also, it seems the gov has not really addressed the liability issue, as in if one of those things falls from the sky on someone's head, who is responsible if two of them collide, etc. I think the gov should actually do something before it becomes a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events