Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:51 AM

177 posts, read 194,435 times

Advertisements

When we know that the vast majority of black people dislike the flag, what is there to argue about? Did anyone think they couldn't find a black person who is confused about the past?

I can find a woman who thinks women should stay at home and be men's playthings.
I can find a white person who hates white people
I can find a disabled person, who agrees that they disability is due to sins in another life
I can find a Christian person, who agrees that Christianity is a harmful religion

And so on

This is what is called 'low-brow' public discourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 06:18 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,344,169 times
I got through the first page of this and felt my breakfast coming up in my mouth. Some of you are such sheep. Racist sheep, from the sound of it. (You're calling HIM an uncle tom? HAH!) There are many African Americans who are so sick of this NAACP bullcarp. Now it's okay to make US history illegal. Very good. And while you're at it, denigrate the good Americans whose ideas differ from your own.

Here...have some more Koolaid before your bandwagon continues down the parade route.
Where's that little vomiting smiley when you need it?

Old 07-19-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
It's clear and obvious you hate blacks and that's fine that you're a self-hater. You're the type of person who wishes subconsciously they were white. You're about the perfect example of an uncle tom.
Laughable. It's clear and obvious he loves the Constitution. And the principles this country was founded on. You sound like the hater.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:51 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Laughable. It's clear and obvious he loves the Constitution. And the principles this country was founded on. You sound like the hater.
Specifically because of that freedom you reference, I have no problem with people having on their private property or in reruns of Dukes of Hazzard a flag created by a white supremacist for the explicit purpose of protecting white supremacy.

However, why do you feel governmental offices of a nation should fly the flag of a treasonous sect devoted to maintaining the status quo of human ownership? I can't think of a country in the world that would allow that.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:31 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,935,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Not to mention that the flag was resurrected in the 1950s and 60s by white Southerners to symbolize their resistance to the civil rights movement. That symbolism should not be lost on anyone.
Agreed. & is that what's meant by the expression, 'South's gonna do it again'?

The Confederate Flag was resurrected in 1961 & flew over the Statehouse in South Carolina. Ever since, some folks have considered that location to be illegitimate at the least. Most folks acknowledge the reason it was flown was in resistance to the civil rights movement. It was moved from flying over the Statehouse in 2000 or thereabouts. I believe South Carolina is the only State that had a Flag, other than the American or State Flag flying over its Statehouse. There's always been a controversy surrounding.

I thought it was odd that the compromise had the Confederate Flag couldn't be displayed at half-mast? Odd & arrogant. Symbolically, when the American Flag is flown at half-mast, this is as a mark of respect in memory of an American person. Symbolically, it's more than a little strange that the Confederate Flag could not be lowered to half-mast as a mark of respect to anyone or anything, it stood above all.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
However, why do you feel governmental offices of a nation should fly the flag
First, I don't feel that way HOWEVER states are supposed to be able to govern themselves so it's really their business, isn't it?

Old 07-19-2015, 07:39 AM

404 posts, read 386,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
This reminds me of my favorite Chappelle Show skit...warning offensive language...
Chappelle's Show: Clayton Bigsby; The Black, White Supremist - Video
I was thinking the same thing.

This flag business just seems like a distraction.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:46 AM

30,480 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're not engaging in a conversation here, as you apparently don't read other posts that have already disproven your claim here.

To say that the North committed aggression against the South is to ignore the fact that the southern states stole U.S. federal property - including military installations and equipment - after submitting secession documents that explicitly stated they wanted to keep slavery.

If that's not an act of aggression against their own nation, I don't know what is. But I already explained this to you and you don't seem willing to consider other views so it's probably not worth my time.
I've considered your wrong opinion and it's still wrong.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:43 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,404,242 times
the problem is not the flag, and i have no problem with no flying on government problem, Its the hate that those was taught about the flag. If i flew my flag in my back yard or in my garage, there a good chance i could get attack. I know it would get rip down. the hate that they teach over something that really had no effect since the late 50 and early sixty. 90% of the people that hate, wasnt born yet.

I had a small decal of colonel reb on my back window. that the mascot of ol miss. this was ten years ago. the decal was about four inches tall and half hidden by the tool box. There was going break my back window out because of a cartoon.

the flag not the problem, it the radical hate that they are taught, and they let them get away with it. Its good for a minority to attack someone or assault and steal in they doing it in the name of the flag.

that flag not hurting anyone, except the thought police

Old 07-19-2015, 09:06 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,352,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
the problem is not the flag, and i have no problem with no flying on government problem, Its the hate that those was taught about the flag. If i flew my flag in my back yard or in my garage, there a good chance i could get attack. I know it would get rip down. the hate that they teach over something that really had no effect since the late 50 and early sixty. 90% of the people that hate, wasnt born yet.

I had a small decal of colonel reb on my back window. that the mascot of ol miss. this was ten years ago. the decal was about four inches tall and half hidden by the tool box. There was going break my back window out because of a cartoon.

the flag not the problem, it the radical hate that they are taught, and they let them get away with it. Its good for a minority to attack someone or assault and steal in they doing it in the name of the flag.

that flag not hurting anyone, except the thought police
Lmao, wow.

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...l#post40465377

//www.city-data.com/forum/40466888-post58.html

The assaults and criminal behavior isn't justified, but that "hate" is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events