Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 03:16 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,743,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
yet an estimated 1/3 of all married couples have experienced some sort of infidelity....so its a pretty big number
yes, it's a big slice of pie that cheats but what's your point here? are you trying to tell me my husband is cheating or i've cheated? i really don't understand why you keep dragging me into cheating statitics...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 03:18 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,975,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
this should be what separates us from the animals, by not giving into every urge
Bruce jenner didn't think about his "animal status" with his 6 kids and at the age of 65 now dating another woman. This is what I mean, we can't accept one way of life but not the other. It's all about giving into urges.

People can't possibly sit here and embrace a 65 year old with 6 kids turning into a woman but get so disgusted at a cheating husband. WHO DOES MORE DAMAGE? Come on now, we have to be both reasonable and fair here.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:18 PM

1,069 posts, read 714,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Who cares where he lives? It's morally sick to keep doing this.
And he's filth for doing it too.
What, every time I go out of town for work, I can sleep with side chicks and then return to my wife? Sorry, but no. I have morals.
Unless his wife knows and accepts him doing this, it's wrong, on both your part and his.
this reeks of a double standard....if he cheats on his wife, he is morally wrong. If she accepts it, its ok? how is that any morally different....he is cheating

Old 07-20-2015, 03:20 PM

17,321 posts, read 15,498,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
this reeks of a double standard....if he cheats on his wife, he is morally wrong. If she accepts it, its ok? how is that any morally different....he is cheating
I still find it to be wrong, but at least his wife accepts it. If he's doing it behind her back, he's hiding something pretty major from her. He's breaking her trust. If she ever finds out, it could ruin her life.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:21 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,515,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Listen, you can try to demonize me all you want. At the end of the day, we're all strangers to each other. Like I said, maybe people should focus on the person in the relationship doing the cheating & why they're doing it. Would it make you feel better if I said I didn't know he was married? Would that make it different? No, it wouldn't, because the end product is the same. The person in the relationship cheated.
Who are "people"?

IMO, no one is scot free, there's blame to go around everywhere. But the cheater should be a big boy/girl and made big/boy girl decisions instead of acting like a child and trying to have it all.

If his needs are that important and need to be met, he needs to make that clear.

Cheating, as shown by the posts in this topic and in real life, is injurious to not only the spouse but others and is not to be taken so cavalierly. Personally, I would never touch married men. Ever. A man who can't make up his mind and act maturely is not worth my time or my hoo-ha.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I still find it to be wrong, but at least his wife accepts it. If he's doing it behind her back, he's hiding something pretty major from her. He's breaking her trust. If she ever finds out, it could ruin her life.
right...because at least if she knows, and accepts it, she can make a decision based on the facts...no double standard at all!

Old 07-20-2015, 03:22 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,975,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
yes, it's a big slice of pie that cheats but what's your point here? are you trying to tell me my husband is cheating or i've cheated? i really don't understand why you keep dragging me into cheating statitics...
The man with the highest level of sworn secrecy and ruler of the free world cheated. This is a point that can be made from that poster's post. We shouldn't expect but we can't be naive either. WE, as in general.

There are many spouses even on this site posting their feelings of disgust while actually in the comfort of their secret lover's home.....

Old 07-20-2015, 03:23 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,515,203 times
Quote:
I just don't understand why that poster can't see the difference. I'm not into any of that, but for those people who are, at least there is mutual consent vs. little boy/girl "hee hee hee" secrets.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Bruce jenner didn't think about his "animal status" with his 6 kids and at the age of 65 now dating another woman. This is what I mean, we can't accept one way of life but not the other. It's all about giving into urges.

People can't possibly sit here and embrace a 65 year old with 6 kids turning into a woman but get so disgusted at a cheating husband. WHO DOES MORE DAMAGE? Come on now, we have to be both reasonable and fair here.
well he wins no parenting award in my book either

Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,384,063 times
Wow, I decided to check the news for the Ashley Madison site. The owner makes $40 million a month from that site alone. Amazing. I had no idea that adultery could rake in that much money.

My thoughts are that it ruins the family. People get hurt. It is a very selfish accomplishment. Saying that, it is not illegal that I am aware of. You will not go to jail because of it. Does not make it right though, I agree it is very wrong.

read somewhere that about as many women as men commit adultery. The more sexual partners you have had the more that you may think it is no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events