Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 11:06 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,517,440 times

Advertisements

Ashley Madison = one big online sausage fest, basically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 11:11 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,694,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
every adult dating/hookup site = one big online sausage fest, basically.

ftfy.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Finding one probably is easier said than done
If 40 mm users are cheating spouse this will sadly discourage a lot of people from marriage

37 million profile doesn't mean 37 million people. I'd be shocked if they had more than 2 or 3 million real and active users. Subtract the bots, the hookers, the site-generated profiles, the "is my husband or wife on here" profiles, the profiles that haven't been logged in to in forever and that number is far less than what they advertise.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:32 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,674,502 times
There sure is a lot of hacking going on these days.
I don't seem to hack as much as I used to since I cut down on my cigarettes but I'm doing a lot more snacking, hope I don't come down with Porkinson's disease.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:39 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,916,002 times
If cheating was so wrong, then the same state that issues marriage licenses would also have and enforce laws related to adultery.

The fact is, as long as infidelity is not illegal and there are no real consequences for cheating: then people will continue to engage in non monogamous behavior.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,970,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
37 million profile doesn't mean 37 million people. I'd be shocked if they had more than 2 or 3 million real and active users. Subtract the bots, the hookers, the site-generated profiles, the "is my husband or wife on here" profiles, the profiles that haven't been logged in to in forever and that number is far less than what they advertise.
Say they had 10 million hookers.

They are servicing someone.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Say they had 10 million hookers.

They are servicing someone.

I'd say its more likely that they have 10 million female dummy profiles. These sites are all the same pretty much, they prey on men, married or single who comprise the vast majority of the members.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:55 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,970,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I'd say its more likely that they have 10 million female dummy profiles. These sites are all the same pretty much, they prey on men, married or single who comprise the vast majority of the members.
A married man going to that site is not being preyed upon, he is volunteering. A single man is simply looking for opportunity, the same as all the women on that site.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that signing up at that site is voluntary. What is truly amazing is how many people are posting on this thread yet claim they don't care what happens in the marriage of others. And then they go on and on. They don't care, suuuuure.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:38 AM

765 posts, read 988,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
A married man going to that site is not being preyed upon, he is volunteering. A single man is simply looking for opportunity, the same as all the women on that site.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that signing up at that site is voluntary. What is truly amazing is how many people are posting on this thread yet claim they don't care what happens in the marriage of others. And then they go on and on. They don't care, suuuuure.
This is personally what I think
If you like the single life be single if you want to get married get married
If i get married you bet your a s s its going to be someone that i REALLY REALLY LIKE AND AM IN LOVE so im better off being picky
I would say some guys i seen get married only for the booty ( sex) thats it
And feel miserable in everything else personality wise and goal wise they dont want kids
Visa versa for women as a well people thinks its a damn requirement its not do it only for the right not because you are forced to then decide you want to cheat years later on

Hackers releasing that information will put a lot of strain on divorced men and women for a long time
SERIOUSLY
THE INTERNET OR ENTIRE WORLD DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW YOUR BUSINESS OR THE FACT THAT A CERTAIN GUY or GIRL IS A CHEATER

Not worth anyones time and effort nothing but full of embarassment for dumbasses

Old 07-21-2015, 01:18 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,659,304 times
[quote=Juram;40494182]The information that was obtained will likely include full name, DOB, credit card number, address...etc.

They did the same thing on another adult site as well and journalists were easily able to identify people via their social media profiles.

Basically the data will pass through a lot of hands, there are those who will happily pay for full data on each people, some will use it to blackmail users, others will use it for purpose of identity theft, credit card fraud...[/QU

Oh yes...credit cards. Lol. Yep, there are some folks piddling like puppies at a rolled up news paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events