Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:43 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

There are all kinds of ramifications to this invention. It might not even be illegal. Can't wait to see the 2nd Amendment arguments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kfUVZdTkU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 05:51 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,533,069 times
Nothing new. It's very inaccurate especially outside with a slight breeze. Notice they dont show the accuracy of the shots.

Usually it takes some one of intellect to make this work. It's not plug and play.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:03 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Nothing new. It's very inaccurate especially outside with a slight breeze. Notice they dont show the accuracy of the shots.

Usually it takes some one of intellect to make this work. It's not plug and play.

So that makes it ok?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:26 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,533,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So that makes it ok?
It is illegal, thats why it's shot out in the middle of the woods.

Any thing created, weapon or not, can be misused.

My point is this technology has existed for a very long time. Not one single incident has come from it.

It's nothing new.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:13 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There are all kinds of ramifications to this invention. It might not even be illegal. Can't wait to see the 2nd Amendment arguments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kfUVZdTkU
Anyone with a modicum of firearms savvy would just laugh at this. It useless, and nonsensical. It would, as already stated, take someone REALLY savvy to make a hobby drone, like this, into a weapons platform of any real use, as such. Explosives, now? That isn't such an engineering issue. People do that with RC cars. But really, who wants to blow up such expensive toys, just because you can? 2A "arguments" applauding this? Any such arguments would not be half as laughable as the firearms bating ones, I can envision, screaming for more new gun laws for a non existent problem. Any excuse to panic at the mere sight of a ghn, and piddle all over the floor, like a frightened puppy.

Oh, the drama! Lol

Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post

Got any references that say it's inaccurate? Looks to me that it's staying right on target even with the recoil.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
If the government can have armed drones the public should as well. Why should we let them be better armed than us?

Old 07-21-2015, 05:10 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If the government can have armed drones the public should as well. Why should we let them be better armed than us?
I'm not worried about the government as much as I am domestic terrorists. Can you put an automatic weapon on one? Even if inaccurate, with enough people around that wont' matter. Can you attach an explosive to them? A vial of Anthrax powder?

Old 07-21-2015, 05:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but where's the line? Should the public have missiles? Nuclear weapons in their garage?

Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Got any references that say it's inaccurate? Looks to me that it's staying right on target even with the recoil.
You can't even see the target, how do you know it's on target?

I'm a firearm and drone enthusiast. Creating a drone that can accurately hit a target would be quite tricky. More than likely that drone is using GPS to position hold, and a barometer to altitude hold. Even with a slight breeze, it's not going to be perfect.

If he's flying LOS (line of sight) then it's going to be very hard to know where the firearm is pointed to line up and compensate for the weaving and bobbing of the drone. I have a problem as it is pointing a camera at the target I want to photograph this way. If he rigged up a FPV setup (first person view) with a camera, it's still not going to be easy to look down the sights and line up with a target while compensating for the slight weaving and bobbing the drone will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events