Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you back her ?
Yes 210 80.46%
No 51 19.54%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 12:19 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Good. She should of told the parents to leave if they could not control their child. Yelling at a two year old is stupid, especially if the child doesn't know you. I will follow this up by saying when my daughter was little she acted up and off she went, outside to cool off with me or her mother. If that didn't work we left.
I guess, you've never had kids....a 40 minute baby scream can turn some people into uncontrollable monsters, especially older people....we've raised our kids, I no longer have the patience I used to have so....

and your not those parents, you did the right thing...but some don't.

I was walking thru a store one day and a toddler was sitting in the cart seat, and kept saying to his father, F you dad! and he didn't say the letter F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 12:31 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,302,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I guess, you've never had kids....a 40 minute baby scream can turn some people into uncontrollable monsters, especially older people....we've raised our kids, I no longer have the patience I used to have so....

I was walking thru a store one day and a toddler was sitting in the cart seat, and kept saying to his father, F you dad! and he didn't say the letter F.
Seen it too, priceless...

Old 07-22-2015, 12:35 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:

That bothers quite a bit. I think those are the parents who are afraid of hurting their child's feelings so they let them walk all over them. ATTN: Parents, your child does not need you to be their friend. If you hurt their feelings by disciplining them they will get over it.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:39 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
That bothers quite a bit. I think those are the parents who are afraid of hurting their child's feelings so they let them walk all over them. ATTN: Parents, your child does not need you to be their friend. If you hurt their feelings by disciplining them they will get over it.
Very true, you are what your parents raised and if your parents raised you to be so passive and you weren't disciplined, chances are you'll do the same.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:53 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
http://6abc.com/society/diner-owner-...crying/866585/

This past Friday evening, 5 of us went out to eat....there was a family there, and they allowed their daughter/toddler, to ruin everyone else's evening. She would scream, and they would laugh...and this went on during the entire time they were there....everyone kept looking at them, and yet, not once did they say no to her...they laughed at her and encouraged her to do it more....

People were looking at them....but they didn't care...I almost got up and said something to them...you couldn't hear anyone else talking...and when they got up to leave, I honestly thought that people would start clapping.

So, yeah, I've run into this problem a lot....

When we were kids and in public, we had to whisper and if we went out to eat, we were seen and not heard....and if we caused a commotion, we were taken outside, and our butts were smacked....or the parents left and went home....

This ruins everyone else's evening out, and enough is enough....parents have to learn how to be parents....

I don't know if the parents of this child are going to sue her, but I back her 100%
Even though I'm not a smoker, I used to request a table in the smoking section (when they still had them) because it likely meant no screaming, ill-behaved brats and their vapid, clueless parents nearby.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
http://hashtagmaine.bangordailynews....my-babys-face/

Making national news was the last thing we expected on our quiet summer getaway to Maine this week.”

That was how Tara Carson opened her piece on the Washington Post telling her side of the story. As we’ve written about a few times on this blog now, Marcy’s Diner owner Darla Neugebauer made national news after snapping at the toddler crying in her restaurant — and her colorful reactions on Facebook and to the media afterward.

**My poor baby...now I am gonna' sue. Honestly, people today are so clueless.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:11 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,890,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. Both parties seemed to have handled this poorly. Would I support her if there was just an annoying adult she yelled at? Nope.

Yes, the parents of a disruptive child should remove the child from the restaurant. They made that mistake. A business owner should not scream at a patron in front of other patrons. She made that mistake.

So, idiots on both sides. Neither one gets my vote of support.
Did you happen to notice it was a rather small and intimate diner rather than a huge McDonald's - where they should have taken their brat?

A 30x15 room is inappropriate for a kid crying for what must have seemed like forever and a proprietor should have the freedom to say what they want, especially if other patrons are complaining; which probably happened. The customer is not always right.

I bet the parents are head in the cloud liberals who drop the helicopter mode when in restaurants and let their kids go nuts when seated and airing their empty and righteous minds. They are most likely the type to let their brats run around in stores/restaurants or other places.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:31 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,316,484 times
I voted yes, and that includes how the owner acted.

I'm sick of this "don't yell" nonsense. A person shouldn't be expected to keep their composure and act like Peter Pan or some wuss like Danny Tanner ("Full House") in the face of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. That's a completely ridiculous expectation--for an adult. For a child--tough. A child doesn't deal with the nonsense grown-ups endure, they don't work at a job and deal with abusive customers or get sore legs from standing all day working. That's why grown-ups have this right and children don't, because grown-ups deal with GROWN-UP problems. What does a typical child "endure"--waiting 2 minutes vs 30 seconds for a drink, or their drink has a straw that doesn't have the curvy shape they want and it's a boring white straw instead, or their Disney character cup is missing and they're having to drink from a plain one?

An adult's place is to give the orders, a child's place is to obey them without whining or throwing a hissy fit no matter how you feel, because at the end of the day, in such situations if you're the child--your feelings are pretty much irrelevant. The GROWN-UP's feelings are what matter, because they're grown-ups and they're the ones who work and actually KNOW a thing or two. (As that Joe Clark guy said in that scene in "Lean on Me"--basically, you're still a baby and you don't know {hit}.)

I disliked noisy brats in a restaurant when I was childless, and I still dislike them no longer childless. If my 2 year old had acted that way, I'd put my foot up his azz (figuratively speaking) within 5 SECONDS of that behavior. I'd have none of it. I actually spanked him in the men's room once when he was 1½ years of age.

Then again, at the same time, you order pancakes, you put them IN FRONT OF YOUR CHILD, and you think they're going to be all quiet? Are you kidding me? Some people don't understand the nature of a child worth a hill of rocks. You see it, too, in the parents who take their child to a park and yell "no running"--at a PARK. Come on.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:06 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Sue her??? On what grounds????
because there are liberals

Old 07-22-2015, 03:12 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because there are liberals
As if Republicans never sue...i bet this lady, though, is going to sue on behalf of her snowflake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events