Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 11:58 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times

Advertisements

If you can't see why black people are afraid when things like this happen, maybe you need some glasses. This child is 3, he bumped into a white girl with his bike accidentally. He was sobbing and upset and asking if the girl was ok. Her mother is an idiot racist. The 3 year old was pretty traumatized, but he seems to be over it.

Parenting Story: A Playground Accident Led to Calling the Police

Quote:
Because while he’s fine, I’m not. I’m furious. And I’m scared. My black son just had his first police interaction at age 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 12:17 PM

1,136 posts, read 924,480 times
Wow that other mother is a complete lunatic and feel bad for her daughter. I hope that the little boy is young enough to forget this because children are smarter than e think and they pick up on things very quickly. I also hope is mother doesn't overreact act make him suspicious f the police because of this woman. He should be wary of people with authority, we all should. He should not be anymore wary of the motivations of the police than of his teachers, bosses or politicians.

Quote:
They offered to call an ambulance for the injured little girl, which the mother accepted. I stayed back while they loaded her in and finished their interactions.
How much do you want to bet the hysterical mother will be outraged when she realizes she has to pay for the ambulance ride?

Old 07-31-2015, 12:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
I don't think they need glasses. What they need are less bigoted mindsets.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:22 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Wow that other mother is a complete lunatic and feel bad for her daughter. I hope that the little boy is young enough to forget this because children are smarter than e think and they pick up on things very quickly. I also hope is mother doesn't overreact act make him suspicious f the police because of this woman. He should be wary of people with authority, we all should. He should not be anymore wary of the motivations of the police than of his teachers, bosses or politicians.

How much do you want to bet the hysterical mother will be outraged when she realizes she has to pay for the ambulance ride?

Yes, because that will be the mother's fault...

Old 07-31-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yes, because that will be the mother's fault...
She already upset that he had an encounter with the police. It was a good encounter. She could easily use this to show that if you behave in a calm respectful way the police can be a resource against bad people who mean to do you wrong like the girls mother did.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:25 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,142,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
The whole situation just sounds like the setup for a tv court case in which the plaintiff gets laughed off of the show, heh. The woman who called the police is clearly disturbed.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
The whole situation just sounds like the setup for a tv court case in which the plaintiff gets laughed off of the show, heh. The woman who called the police is clearly disturbed.
Maybe it would come up in a divorce hearing with the father explaining that his wife is insane and a detrimental figure in his daughters life. God forbid her daughter ever runs into someone. She'll start screaming insurance fraud.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:43 PM

828 posts, read 908,714 times
I read the article. Maybe the other mother was a racist, maybe she wasn't. Must we convince ourselves that she has to be a racist because of her erratic behavior? Some people are just litigious. Some people are just melodramatic. And yes, some people are just racist.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
I read the article. Maybe the other mother was a racist, maybe she wasn't. Must we convince ourselves that she has to be a racist because of her erratic behavior? Some people are just litigious. Some people are just melodramatic. And yes, some people are just racist.

Clearly you read but did not understand the article. The mother of the boy was not interested in whether the other mother was racist or not. The mother of the boy is concerned that her 3 year old black son had the police called on him. Many black parents are very distrustful of the police and do not want them in there child's life. I disagree with that but it has nothing to do with the other woman being racist or not. It has to do with black parents feeling like the legal system is a liability to their sons and not an asset.

Last edited by keepingquiet; 07-31-2015 at 01:21 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 01:02 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
If you can't see why black people are afraid when things like this happen, maybe you need some glasses. This child is 3, he bumped into a white girl with his bike accidentally. He was sobbing and upset and asking if the girl was ok. Her mother is an idiot racist. The 3 year old was pretty traumatized, but he seems to be over it.

Parenting Story: A Playground Accident Led to Calling the Police
The little girl's mother clearly is an idiot but the article you linked did not give any indication of her being racist. Was there more information that you used to draw your conclusion? I did notice the mother had the child help her tell the story to the cops as she did not speak English well enough to communicate properly.

It does seem like this playground accident is being blown out of proportion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events