Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 02:08 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The difference is, he is not a cop.
Neither is Wilson... anymore. Nor did he have a body-cam. I don't know that what he is saying is the truth. Tennison say's he was dragged... his body-cam says he was not dragged. So he is in deep poo. NONE of the outrage over several recent killings of black people at the hands of both sworn and lay law enforcement have been violent psychopaths that have more scar tissue than flesh. Not even Brown. Was he even out of his teens? People aren't all stupid. Some, of course. Not all. Some of you want us all to agree that the only way to answer aggression is with a bullet. If that is true then there should be vastly more of these shootings than actually happen. Also the demographics of the deceased should be more representative of the overall population. This is clearly not so. It's out of yours and my hands now. The people are speaking. The lesson this time is for the police. Think before you shoot. If its really that hard then fewer and fewer wearing that badge and gun around town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 02:13 PM

319 posts, read 346,223 times
Dbones, Pedro: Every city in every part of this country has kids like Michael Brown. And kids far more violent that Michael Brown. People threaten and attack cops all the time and don't get shot and killed. Cops are supposed to be trained to know how to deal with this situations and de-escalate them without shooting to kill. That is what they are paid to do. Darren Wilson had a car and Michael Brown did not. Wilson could have driven away (?) Experienced and mature cops have a better psychological understanding of what is happening and a better framework of tools to deal with the situation. Darren Wilson was young and scared and ill-equipped psychologically and tactically to do his job. He is now young and immature and ill-equipped to deal with the backlash of his actions.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:14 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If you were right, Brown would never have been shot. The lesson would have been learned with Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman shot him and was aqcuited. He also will have employment issues for the rest of his life and he has at least $2 million in outstanding legal expenses. The shootings and assaults of black men and women continue despite the public and political backlash. If as you say officers are no longer doing their jobs and keeping law and order in the communities they are sworn to serve you'll have to show me some proof. Sandra Brown, Walter Scott and Sam Dubose all happened after Michael Brown...
Who is Sandra Brown?

Old 08-04-2015, 02:18 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He wasn't some "sweet kid" like some want to pretend. He was a bully who didn't mind hurting weaker people. Did he deserve to die? No. The problem is that he took actions that created a risk of one day being killed, whether by the police or some frightened victim.
Did you watch the attached video? He was not fit for life among the rest of us. I'm glad he's dead.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:21 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Do I feel bad for him? Let's see his life is harder, Michael Brown lost his life over some g*&damn cigars. Hell naw, I have ZERO sympathy for Darren Wilson.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasallyttle View Post
Dbones, Pedro: Every city in every part of this country has kids like Michael Brown. And kids far more violent that Michael Brown. People threaten and attack cops all the time and don't get shot and killed. Cops are supposed to be trained to know how to deal with this situations and de-escalate them without shooting to kill. That is what they are paid to do. Darren Wilson had a car and Michael Brown did not. Wilson could have driven away (?) Experienced and mature cops have a better psychological understanding of what is happening and a better framework of tools to deal with the situation. Darren Wilson was young and scared and ill-equipped psychologically and tactically to do his job. He is now young and immature and ill-equipped to deal with the backlash of his actions.
The thugs who act like brown should all be killed at some point. Why do they deserve to walk among us ruining lives?

Did you watch the video? What is that was your father or uncle? If that old guy had killed him, would you feel the same?

NO ONE is equipped to handle being beaten by a much bigger person.

https://youtu.be/mP668b_O5-E

Old 08-04-2015, 02:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasallyttle View Post
Cops apprehend far more violent criminals every day without shooting them. Wilson feels he was doing his job. Some agree. I disagree and think he got scared far too easily to be a cop. I don't want him working as a cop where I live. We have a lot of mentally ill people on the streets here that can act erratically due to their internal struggles and he would probably want to shoot them all (although after one here he would be done). He did not need to kill Michael Brown to apprehend him.
Please explain how you "apprehend" someone who is assaulting you and trying to take your gun?

Old 08-04-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Do I feel bad for him? Let's see his life is harder, Michael Brown lost his life over some g*&damn cigars. Hell naw, I have ZERO sympathy for Darren Wilson.
brown lost his life because he continuously picked on weaker people.

It's good that he was put down.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:27 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The lesson this time is for the police. Think before you shoot. If its really that hard then fewer and fewer wearing that badge and gun around town.
The lesson for the police is also:
  • Don't stop suspicious characters unless you have a backup and a camera
  • If a suspect fights walk away, do not try to subdue them
  • Avoid patrolling some areas
  • Ignore any minor crimes, just let them do as they please
  • If you think a suspect has a gun you aren't allowed to protect yourself, so wait for backup
  • You have to wait until you are attacked to defend yourself, so don't risk stopping a person physically bigger than you
  • Don't take any risks - you might end up in civil or legal trouble, your face might be plastered all over the news, those that you work for may throw you under the bus, and there will be an assumption of guilt, not of the perp, but you.
I honestly don't know why anyone would want to be a cop. There is no other career field one of children could go into that would terrify me more. Additionally, I worry that when I need someone to protect me from someone who wants to hurt me the police will be too worried about their own life, being charged with a crime, or being sued that they won't respond as quickly or vigorously as I need.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:28 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Darwin finally caught up with MB. I have ZERO sympathy for bullies. He did not lose his life over some cigars. He lost his life being a thug who picked on two people that day. The first one was half his size. The second one had a gun and knew how to use it. Darwin does not select the people who get the award. They earn the award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events