Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 04:50 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times

Advertisements

I've been a victim of violent crime 4 times between age 18 and about 33. I am now 57. One of the attacks I have no memory of. I saw the guys coming and that's all I remember. One of them had my drivers license and badge (civilian) on him days later when they were picked up after having committed another robbery.

In none of these attacks were the police remotely near at the time of the incidents. In just about ALL of the encounters that have made the news in recent weeks and months, its the police who initiated the encounters, either by some kind of traffic stop or some other way. In some it could even be characterized as looking for trouble a la George Zimmerman.

The neighborhood I grew up in was so crime ridden, still mostly is, that the police don't want to patrol there. And they don't. When they need money they go out in a posse and shake down the thugs or haul in low level offenders for quality of life offenses. They will ignore a Jeep that is practically shaking from the bass of six 20 inch subwoofers right next to me and pull me over for an outstanding warrants check because I have gray hair and wear glasses. They are prepared to use any manner of force against me. I am not a thug and they know that but they fear me anyway. They don't regard me as a precious vessel of life. I am expendable. They will be rude, surly and offensive from go. That should change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 PM

557 posts, read 736,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasallyttle View Post
The rule of the law says that cops are to apprehend criminals and turn them over to the justice system. There are many ways Wilson could have done this without killing Brown. If he felt shooting was his only option, he could have shot Brown in the legs to stop him until backup came. This is why Darren Wilson is no longer a cop.

Cops are taught to shoot center mass to stop the threat not in the legs , shows how much you knew

Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He performed a very valuable service for the residents of Ferguson, saw how they turned on him with vengeance and has been changed as a person forever.

God bless him.

This is the piece of crap that mike brown was......if you haven't seen it, you should. If you DO watch it and still support mike brown, you're a vile human being. This is what officer Wilson was up against.

https://youtu.be/mP668b_O5-E
We have no evidence that this is Michael Brown. This guy's skin is much darker.

Where and when was this taken?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:53 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There, there... change is hard, I know... especially for those on the cusp of a new paradigm. The next generation of LEO (there will be one) will be as horrified at the thought of taking the life of someone who has not taken anyone else's life, as you are at the thought of driving any distance in a car without your seatbelt fastened.
The new paradigm will have cops who ignore drug deals, won't pursue suspected criminals, don't make traffic stops.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:54 PM

557 posts, read 736,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, actually it seems to be the police with cameras are the ones getting in trouble. I wonder why.

You are advocating that police not do the jobs they are hired to do.

It's impossible to defend yourself against nothing.

If you can't stand the heat of being a cop, get out of Hell's Kitchen.

Just like teachers are getting arrested for molesting kids. More people are starting to homeschool their kids. They are all perverts , they should be replaced by online schools and iPads

Old 08-04-2015, 04:55 PM

116 posts, read 86,233 times
It would be nice if everyone would use logic when these incidents take place

The facts speak loud

Sometimes the cops are right..... like in the Micheal Brown case where the officer was clearly defending himself from an out of control violent person

Sometimes the cops are wrong...... like in Cincinnati a couple of days ago and with the Tamir Rice case in Cleveland

People are far too emotional and prone to lapses of reason like with the Trayvon Martin thing. People actually thought that following at a distance was reason for him to beat someone down. Fortunately, the jury used reason and found Zimmerman not guilty

Facts people, not emotion

Old 08-04-2015, 04:55 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The new paradigm will have cops who ignore drug deals, won't pursue suspected criminals, don't make traffic stops.
They wanted less policing in Baltimore...and that's what they got.
Not workin' out too well, though.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Who is Sandra Brown?
Look at the thread on the strange death in Waller, TX.

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...dra-bland.html

Samuel DuBose

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...ed-murder.html

Old 08-04-2015, 04:58 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Look at the thread on the strange death in Waller, TX.

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...dra-bland.html

Samuel DuBose

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...ed-murder.html

Oh yeah, the suicide; so you meant Bland not Brown.
So who killed her?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The thugs who act like brown should all be killed at some point. Why do they deserve to walk among us ruining lives?

Did you watch the video? What is that was your father or uncle? If that old guy had killed him, would you feel the same?

NO ONE is equipped to handle being beaten by a much bigger person.

https://youtu.be/mP668b_O5-E
That video may or may not be Brown. It is likely it is not as the man in that video is a lot darker than Michael Brown. Don't take what someone posting on youtube says as absolute truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events