Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 03:12 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
So... you support the death penalty? Holmes should get it, would you agree? The Boston Bomber? You think some punk thug who roughs up people should be killed? Fine. Murderers should also be killed then. No matter what they look like.
I believe in the rule of law.

Officer Wilson did not respond to that call that day with the intent of killing someone. brown forced his own death.

As far as the death penalty, it doesn't matter what color or gender someone is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 03:21 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasallyttle View Post
Dbones, Pedro: Every city in every part of this country has kids like Michael Brown. And kids far more violent that Michael Brown. People threaten and attack cops all the time and don't get shot and killed. Cops are supposed to be trained to know how to deal with this situations and de-escalate them without shooting to kill. That is what they are paid to do. Darren Wilson had a car and Michael Brown did not. Wilson could have driven away (?) Experienced and mature cops have a better psychological understanding of what is happening and a better framework of tools to deal with the situation. Darren Wilson was young and scared and ill-equipped psychologically and tactically to do his job. He is now young and immature and ill-equipped to deal with the backlash of his actions.
I agree with much of what you say, but Michael Brown was not a "kid". He was an adult.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:25 PM

319 posts, read 346,390 times
The rule of the law says that cops are to apprehend criminals and turn them over to the justice system. There are many ways Wilson could have done this without killing Brown. If he felt shooting was his only option, he could have shot Brown in the legs to stop him until backup came. This is why Darren Wilson is no longer a cop.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:25 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The lesson for the police is also:
  • Don't stop suspicious characters unless you have a backup and a camera
  • If a suspect fights walk away, do not try to subdue them
  • Avoid patrolling some areas
  • Ignore any minor crimes, just let them do as they please
  • If you think a suspect has a gun you aren't allowed to protect yourself, so wait for backup
  • You have to wait until you are attacked to defend yourself, so don't risk stopping a person physically bigger than you
  • Don't take any risks - you might end up in civil or legal trouble, your face might be plastered all over the news, those that you work for may throw you under the bus, and there will be an assumption of guilt, not of the perp, but you.
I honestly don't know why anyone would want to be a cop. There is no other career field one of children could go into that would terrify me more. Additionally, I worry that when I need someone to protect me from someone who wants to hurt me the police will be too worried about their own life, being charged with a crime, or being sued that they won't respond as quickly or vigorously as I need.
Well, actually it seems to be the police with cameras are the ones getting in trouble. I wonder why.

You are advocating that police not do the jobs they are hired to do.

It's impossible to defend yourself against nothing.

If you can't stand the heat of being a cop, get out of Hell's Kitchen.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:28 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
The rule of the law says that cops are to apprehend criminals and turn them over to the justice system. There are many ways Wilson could have done this without killing Brown. If he felt shooting was his only option, he could have shot Brown in the legs to stop him until backup came. This is why Darren Wilson is no longer a cop.
Shot him in the leg ? Get a clue....life is not a TV show.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:30 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
Tough. Nobody should shed any tears for this loser. Without a 'good old boy' descredited prosecutor, this moon faced hick would be facing a trial for murder. As it is, he gets off on his on testimony and a DOJ that is only considered impartial because its headed by a black man.

DOJ reports dont trump trials and Wilson is just another small chined wonder with a badge, a gun and a whole hillbilly department at his back.

Most reasonable people know a video recording would have showed Wilson for the milk weed coward he is.
I can only hope you are at the tender mercies of the goons for which your heart bleeds. Forensic and video evidence completely vindicates Officer Wilson.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:33 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
True. And Darren Wilson could have left and called for backup. It was not a good decision on his part to stay by himself and get out of his car and incite another confrontation. Someday as he gains some maturity and better problem solving skills he will look back and realize he made some poor choices, just as Michael Brown did.
Yeah, he couldda just called "Time-Out" while he was under attack.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:37 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post

I still believe he should sue Sharpton and others for ruining his life. Especially Holder. While he can't win that he could shed an incredible amount of light on the injustice he suffered. He was the victim in this, NOT Michael Brown. Michael, was simply a thug out of control.

Darren Wilson was exonerated. He should move forward with civil actions against certain media outlets, and any official who piled on. Stick Sharpton in court enough and even that ol' raisin will shut the f up once and for all.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
If he felt shooting was his only option, he could have shot Brown in the legs to stop him until backup came.
No, he should have banked a bullet off of the curb striking Brown's pants button. When Brown's pants fell to his ankles causing Brown to fall the the ground. Wilson could have thrown his cuffs at Brown's wrists subduing him while Wilson stayed by the car and started paperwork.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
I can only hope you are at the tender mercies of the goons for which your heart bleeds. Forensic and video evidence completely vindicates Officer Wilson.
What video evidence? The surveillance video that showed Brown was a thug and a theif? The cop didn't know that. Soon all officers will wear body camera's. It they turn them off for any reason they should be terminated. Currently 96 black men every year are shot and killed by Law Enforcement in mostly unwittnessed encounters. Over 180 are shot but live. Lets see if that number increases or decreases with increased scrutiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events