Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 12:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,578,540 times

Advertisements

Karma....nuff said!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 02:21 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Karma....nuff said!!!
Karma? Was this guide the same person that "guided" the Dentist to his kill?

Old 08-25-2015, 02:25 PM

50,902 posts, read 36,601,145 times
This isn't about hunting, what has it to do with Cecil?

Old 08-25-2015, 02:35 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,830,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Apparently the OP is such a rocket scientist that he thinks that because a lion killed someone in a National Park in Zimbabwe, it thus follows that poaching lions or hunting apex predators should not be criticized - which is as moronic as claiming that because a grizzly killed a tourist in Yellowstone earlier this month, no one should ever criticize someone poaching a Yellowstone grizzly.

Logical thought-processes aren't a strong point with some people...

Old 08-25-2015, 02:42 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,558,649 times
See you all on page 842.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:43 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,475,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I wonder if this will shut the I-Loved-Cecil crowd up.

Safari guide killed by lion in Zimbabwe
So you believe those who have decried what happened to a lion who was tricked into being mercilessly tortured and killed are supposed to now "shut-up" because some fool got too close to another lion and his offspring causing him to do what lions do when they feel their young are threatened? There are no words.

It's a tragedy the guide was killed but he was getting to close to a pride of lions that had cubs. I had a cat who would attack anyone who came too close to her kittens. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a pride of lions, seeing a bunch of clueless humans may be perceive them as a threat. Maybe the lions saw other lions being killed by humans, who knows?

In any case, it's instinct to protect the young for most species. Lions are very protective of theirs. The cruel killing of Cecil by the so-called-hunter had nothing whatsoever to do with the killing of the guide by the lion except both the guide and the so-called-hunter should have known better.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:43 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,336,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Apparently the OP is such a rocket scientist that he thinks that because a lion killed someone in a National Park in Zimbabwe, it thus follows that poaching lions or hunting apex predators should not be criticized - which is as moronic as claiming that because a grizzly killed a tourist in Yellowstone earlier this month, no one should ever criticize someone poaching a Yellowstone grizzly.

Jesus folks, a sense of dark humor perhaps?

Old 08-25-2015, 02:45 PM

387 posts, read 356,901 times
Should also carry a firearm when hiking in any area filled with dangerous animals...

The guy was apparently a conservationist (So why are Leftists celebrating his death??)....He was a warden for the game park (in the business of saving wildlife) but yet the Leftist freaks are still happy he was killed because "he was in the Lions territory."

My theory is that Leftists/Environmentalists are anti social outcasts....They are the weird loser kids from your high school....So since they can't interact successfully with their fellow Humans they develop a hatred/dislike for Human kind and an extreme interest in animals/natures...But animals ALSO ostracize the weird/unusual, so they are no better in this regard....

Old 08-25-2015, 02:47 PM

387 posts, read 356,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
So you believe those who have decried what happened to a lion who was tricked into being mercilessly tortured and killed are supposed to now "shut-up" because some fool got too close to another lion and his offspring causing him to do what lions do when they feel their young are threatened? There are no words.

It's a tragedy the guide was killed but he was getting to close to a pride of lions that had cubs. I had a cat who would attack anyone who came too close to her kittens. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a pride of lions, seeing a bunch of clueless humans may be perceive them as a threat. Maybe the lions saw other lions being killed by humans, who knows?

In any case, it's instinct to protect the young for most species. Lions are very protective of theirs. The cruel killing of Cecil by the so-called-hunter had nothing whatsoever to do with the killing of the guide by the lion except both the guide and the so-called-hunter should have known better.
People get close to my kids all the time....I don't lash out and kill them...

If Lions can't learn to do the same (when interacting with Humans) than they should be shot....Pity the Game Warden didn't have a .44 to blast a hole in the Male Lions head.....Lets hope the wardens of the park kill the Lion....

I think "foot safaris" are stupid (even for trained game wardens), but I'm still not happy that the guy got killed....He's still more valuable than some worthless Feline....

Lions are predators AND so are dentists from Minnesota....The difference is the dentist from Minnesota has a bigger brain....so he is the winner....Teheheh

Old 08-25-2015, 02:51 PM

17,269 posts, read 15,467,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Good LORD!!!! LOL!!! Where or when did I say anyone was "supposed to shut up????" I said I "WONDER" if they will.

To Unsettomati, are you spying on me? I've worked in rocket engineering before. What do rocket scientists have to do with animals? I'll answer this for you, just in case physics isn't your forte: They are in no way related. Rocket scientists don't study animal behaviors for a living.
I'd be inclined to say "Logical thought-processes aren't a strong point with you..." but let me not go there.

Some of you are WAAAAAAAAAY too uptight. I don't think it should be too hard to comprehend that this was just dark humor, much like those "poking" fun at the couple who fell off the castle while having sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events