Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 08:51 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Seems more frequent these days, no?

21-month-old boy fatally shoots self with loaded gun, police say | Norwalk Reflector

Quote:
St. Louis County police say a 21-month-old boy apparently fatally shot himself with a loaded handgun at a home in Hanley Hills on Tuesday.

Police spokesman Sgt. Brian Schellman said the toddler died of a single gunshot wound to the torso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 10:00 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
That's why it's always a good idea to send your kids to hunters safety at 12. Or Appleseed if he/she isn't into killing animals.

My sun was so eager to grab a gun, until I took him to an Appleseed 2 days shooting event and he burned about 400 rounds. A rifle (and all firearms in general) lost all of its "prohibited fruit" appeal since them.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:52 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Just another routine day in gun crazy USA.

Only solution to the problem is: "We need more guns"

Old 08-27-2015, 04:43 AM

167 posts, read 167,883 times
we need more intelligent life or less idiots (i think i prefer less idiots). guns are no more dangerous than a stick of wood, until they get in the wrong hands. An intelligent, caring person would have made that gun a non-issue for the child. A worthless POS parent, probably whacked out on meth had it loaded and on the coffee table...just in case he needed to pop a cap in someone after dinner. What we NEED is a "Act right or die policy" implemented in the US!

Old 08-27-2015, 04:49 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
That's why it's always a good idea to send your kids to hunters safety at 12. Or Appleseed if he/she isn't into killing animals.

My sun was so eager to grab a gun, until I took him to an Appleseed 2 days shooting event and he burned about 400 rounds. A rifle (and all firearms in general) lost all of its "prohibited fruit" appeal since them.
Really? What does this have to do with a 21 month old baby being killed?

A tragedy occurs and a child is dead at less than two years old because someone was stupid with a handgun they should not have had in the first place - but don't despair, no loss - the NRA is here to help, if the next kid makes it to twelve, we can train them for you.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-27-2015 at 05:07 AM..

Old 08-27-2015, 05:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

A tragedy occurs and a child is dead at less than two years old because someone was stupid with a handgun they should not have had in the first place - but don't despair, no loss - the NRA is here to help, if the next kid makes it to twelve, we can train them for you.
Yes, because if we ban guns tomorrow all the meth heads and gang banger's will immediately turn in all there guns.
How about we lock up these POS thugs and throw away the key, oops that's right our dear leader wants to let more of them out on the street.

bill

Old 08-27-2015, 05:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
If you're going to have forearms in the house, you have to educate kids on safe handling. If the kids are too young for that, you have to keep the firearms out of reach.

It's not that difficult. My family has done it successfully for generations.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If you're going to have forearms in the house, you have to educate kids on safe handling. If the kids are too young for that, you have to keep the firearms out of reach.

It's not that difficult. My family has done it successfully for generations.

This! I grew up around guns (didn't shoot much because my mother wouldn't let me). But my step dad and step brothers had several guns, and in fact they weren't hidden. I was taught at a very young age A) stay out of other people's stuff, and B) guns are NOT toys! Parents either need to take the necessary precaution of locking up their guns around their kids...or hammer it in their little heads about what a gun is used for, and that they are not toys! It worked for me, as well as my friends growing up. Not one god damned accident! Why? Because my friends parents also had guns, and they were taught the same way I was!

As for my home. I currently do not have a firearm in my house. But, I'm working on it, because you just never know what can happen. I have a 12 year old, and recently he was exposed to real guns, and taught how to load the guns properly, and to shoot, as well as when not to shoot. He got to shoot a single shot .22, a high powered .22 semi-automatic with a scope, and a 30 carbine. He did quite well, and he understands the seriousness of the real deal, and that they aren't toys like his collection of Nerf guns! Nevertheless, when I do obtain one for home defense in the near future, he will NOT have access to it! PERIOD!!!! Precautions will be taken to insure that there are no accidents! Nope. Not on my watch!

Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

Sorry, I read 21 years old, my misunderstanding.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Just another routine day in gun crazy USA.

Only solution to the problem is: "We need more guns"
Texan four-year-old boy runs over and kills newborn brother in freak accident | Daily Mail Online

Sad, another child killed by sibling who started the car.

Car crazy USA, only solution to the problem is "We need more cars"

Please join with myself and SoloforLife to have these killing machines in practically every driveway banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events