Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 03:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times

Advertisements

'It's Now Or Never,' Texted Teen Charged In Boyfriend's Suicide

Newly released text messages appear to detail how a Massachusetts teen encouraged her online boyfriend to kill himself.

"Everyone will be sad for a while but they will get over it and move on," 18-year-old Michelle Carter texted boyfriend Conrad Roy III in reference to him dying by suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 03:52 PM

335 posts, read 325,223 times
What we have here is what I feel is the biggest draw back of the internet. People have lost touch with what they type and the end results. It's so easy to do serious harm to another person when in a relationship by sending heartless messages. I cant imagine a girl that young could be so mean unless she was just typing away on a phone. Sure, things like this happened 20 years ago, but when you filter in all the on line bullying, you cant help but to see this is a terrible trend and getting worse.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:54 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
What a psychopath. She needs to be locked away and denied any access to her weapons of choice - social media, computers, and text messages.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
What we have here is what I feel is the biggest draw back of the internet. People have lost touch with what they type and the end results. It's so easy to do serious harm to another person when in a relationship by sending heartless messages. I cant imagine a girl that young could be so mean unless she was just typing away on a phone. Sure, things like this happened 20 years ago, but when you filter in all the on line bullying, you cant help but to see this is a terrible trend and getting worse.
In the past she would have had to be physically there to prevent him from changing his mind. That makes it a lot harder.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:58 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
What a psychopath. She needs to be locked away and denied any access to her weapons of choice - social media, computers, and text messages.
She is an awful human being. I don't see how she took advantage of someone who was so vulnerable, but you nailed it: sociopath. I will never understand how or why she thinks that way.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
That depends on what her motives were, and no one knows what was going through her mind. If she was just 'playing a game' with him, then yeah maybe social media played a role (making it easier). But if she really wanted him to off himself (or didn't care), then texting isn't so much a factor, as she probably would have said the same words face to face. Either way, this girl has some problems.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:01 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,933,532 times
Its called sarcasm and being tired of a whiney boyfriends bs, kill yourself, get it over with, we are tired of your empty promises

been there done that!

Old 08-29-2015, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Its called sarcasm and being tired of a whiney boyfriends bs, kill yourself, get it over with, we are tired of your empty promises

been there done that!
Uhm.... If you read anything beyond the headlines about this story you'd know this was not sarcasm, it was a manipulative person who goaded and put pressure on a young man who had second thoughts about suicide to go through with it anyway. Then she tried to parlay his suicude into an attention seeking device for herself. But Dude.... "we are tired of your empty promises" ?!?!? You look at someone's stated desire to commit suicide as a "promise" instead of an indication of a person who needs some sort of help? A promise?!? Why would anyone owe you their death?

Old 08-31-2015, 05:29 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
Just heard about this and yes, this girl is a sociopath if ever there was one -- the very definition of malignant, manipulative evil. IDK if she will end up being tried for manslaughter. I hope so, but a judge has yet to make that decision. But in the court of human decency she is guilty as hell -- which is where I hope she ends up. And sooner, rather than later.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:37 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1
I agree.... She doesnt care about anyone!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events