Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 06:54 PM

189 posts, read 510,511 times

Advertisements

Hello:

So I have been going to a restaurant at least once a week for more than a year because I really like the food.

About 6 months ago a new waitress was hired which I found beautiful.

Most of the times she was the one who took my order so lately she already knows what I normally drink and eat which is pretty much the same thing that I really like.

So every time she sees me she just smiles and says "The same?". I know the smile has nothing to do because it's part of their job to have a nice attitude. But my point is that she already knew what I liked to order.

I'm usually a little shy at the beginning so last Friday I told myself "What the heck?" I'm going to ask for her phone number and I really don't care about the outcome.

So when she brings the check I asked her if she was single and she said yes. Then I said "Could I have your phone number?"

At first she kind of hesitated but then she took the receipt and wrote her name and her phone number.

Next Monday (3 days after seeing her) I sent her a simple text message saying "Hello, this is [my name] from the restaurant who goes there every Friday. How are you? Did you enjoy the super bowl?"

And that was it. I did not write something like You are the hottest girl I've ever seen !! Or could I take you out?

I simply wanted to start a conversation.

Long story short she never responded my text message and today I went to the restaurant again (as usually every Friday) and she took my order but she barely looked at me and only said once if I needed anything.

I did not tell her anything like complaining why she did not answer my message, or give me a call, etc.

I simply asked for the check and left.

Has anybody been in similar situations?

I usually tip the waitresses 15%-20% depending on the service. Maybe she was expecting a big tip since she gave me her phone number and when she saw that I only left 20% she thought that I may be a cheapo?

I really don't understand why she gave me her phone number and never answered my text message.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 07:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Ok lock it and make it a sticky for the PUA guys on here.

She's only nice to you because she'll get fired otherwise.

The End.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertin75 View Post
I'm usually a little shy at the beginning so last Friday I told myself "What the heck?" I'm going to ask for her phone number and I really don't care about the outcome.
You forgot this part ^^^.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ok lock it and make it a sticky for the PUA guys on here.

She's only nice to you because she'll get fired otherwise.

The End.
I know that they have to be nice but why did she gave me her phone number? Just to not make me feel bad?

Old 02-07-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You forgot this part ^^^.
I know. I'm just curious on why she gave me her phone number.

She could've just said "No, you can't have my phone number because I don't know you". Or "I have a boyfriend", etc.

As simple as that.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:20 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times
She gave you her number in the same spirit guys tell women they will call but never do. Seemed like the right thing to do in the moment.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
She gave you her number in the same spirit guys tell women they will call but never do. Seemed like the right thing to do in the moment.
Wow !! Sounds like she wanted revenge from your comment.

Maybe someone did the same to her according to your response.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
In other news, geese honk, cows moo, cats purr, and the US is still running a deficit on the budget. Seriously, have you never worked in or had friends who worked in the service industry? It's their job to be nice to you, especially if you're a guy and she's a gal, because she knows she can get more tips from you if she flirts a little. A phone number is practically meaningless.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:28 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertin75 View Post
Wow !! Sounds like she wanted revenge from your comment.

Maybe someone did the same to her according to your response.
You completely misunderstood what was written. My guess is you want to be angry but I will explain in the event you wish to understand.
Women often ask "why does a guy bother to say he will call then he does not call, why does he just not say he will call"? My point is that sometimes when guys say this, they mean it in the moment but then realize maybe the woman or girl is not someone they wish to get to know.
It possible that she just felt okay giving you her number but then when you sent a text she did not feel she wanted to respond.

There is no correlation or causation between the two, just possible parallels.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
In other news, geese honk, cows moo, cats purr, and the US is still running a deficit on the budget. Seriously, have you never worked in or had friends who worked in the service industry? It's their job to be nice to you, especially if you're a guy and she's a gal, because she knows she can get more tips from you if she flirts a little. A phone number is practically meaningless.
Sorry but that does not work with me. If she's the hottest girl in the world and flirts with me but her service is poor I will not give her a good tip.

So if she wants a $50 dollars tip maybe she will give me kiss according to your reasoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships