Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 09:29 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
No, it is not. It's a state-run university.
Ah, sorry. For some reason I was thinking of Asbury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 09:30 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Ok, so even assuming her sins don't count since she got a do-over when she found Jesus, where is the evidence that she has been applying her religious standards on any thing besides homosexuality? Does she ask all applicants if they've been married before and then decline the applications for divorced people since the bible explicitly prohibits them from marrying again? Or is it just this one particular sin she happens to get all worked up about. Her hypocrisy isn't just limited to "do as I say, not as I do", it's the fact that it's so narrowly targeted on something she personally doesn't like and not a full application of her biblical principals across the board.

Not that it would be legally permissible to deny divorced people a marriage license, of course. But the fact that she singled gays and lesbians out for discrimination is part of why this has been such a flashpoint.
On the license application the couple have to list previous marriages and present divorce decrees.
There is no possible way she WOULDN'T know that someone wanting a license was divorced.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:34 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Glad this beast is behind bars where she belongs.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:41 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Nepotism is the way it works down here, and "just not that bright" is practically the Kentucky state motto. Kentucky is one of the most corrupt, most poorly educated, and most illiterate states in the US. Put all those things together, and you get a set of circumstances that is a perfect breeding ground for people like this.

I'll say again what I said in an earlier post - this sort of behavior, and mindset, may seem ludicrous everywhere else in the United States, but in Kentucky, it is the norm. This is the way things are down here. I've lived here almost 4 years, and there is not one thing about this entire episode that I find the least bit surprising or out of the ordinary. This is Kentucky, and the state is positively swarming with people exactly like her and her son.
ROFLOL!!!! I've never been to Kentucky, but thanks for validating everything I suspected of the state!

Old 09-04-2015, 10:09 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Question .

Can a convict hold an elected office in Ky if an when she’s released? She might be out of a job later on.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Can a convict hold an elected office in Ky if an when she’s released? She might be out of a job later on.

She's not a convict.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:24 AM

8,238 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
A lot of pages to read through and I am sure a lot of personal attacks on Ms Davis. As for my 2 cents I think if her personal beliefs are in conflict with the duties & responsibilities that she was elected to perform than by all mean keep true to your faith but step down and allow someone to fill the job.

She was elected to fill a role not be the moral compass that the community operates under, she has free choice to choose and this is a perfect example why church & state are separate.
Is there ever an outcry for elected officials to step down when they refuse to enforce other laws? Look at all the "sanctuary cities" that refuse to enforce immigration laws.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Is there ever an outcry for elected officials to step down when they refuse to enforce other laws? Look at all the "sanctuary cities" that refuse to enforce immigration laws.
There seems to be. Your complaints alongside many others would comprise an outcry. Perhaps you should sue. Do you have standing?

Old 09-04-2015, 10:41 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She's not a convict.
Right. Contempt of Court in this matter is a civil offense. Now, she very well may become a convict if the KY AG brings official misconduct charges against her. But, being that he's running for the Democrat nomination for Gov. of KY, I doubt that he'll get involved.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:56 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
How does that justify this comment, which implies there is an element of punishment or shame in store for her because she might end up in a same sex relationship? Or do you think special treatment entails being spared a same sex relationship?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960
I suspect she'll break within a few weeks. Course she might have found her cell/soulmate by then. 5th time...
That doesn't sound like punishment or shame to me. I thought Bob meant she's such a fickle girl, she may end up in love. For the 5th time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events