Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:38 AM

769 posts, read 783,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What happens when he wants to play on the girls basketball or volleyball teams?
With your logic, she should play on the men's football team:

She was born a man.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:47 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Just make one of the private bathrooms gender neutral. It's clear that the transgender kid is not going to be treated with dignity in either the male or female locker rooms.

I can't fault the females feeling uncomfortable with his presence, though.

Mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
Install one or two totally private ones. There aren't that many transgender around for this to be a real problem.
They had a unisex bathroom for this person who then CHOSE not to use it and insisted on using the girls locker room and bathrooms.

From the article:

Quote:
When school began on Aug. 13, Perry told school administrators that she wanted to use the girls’ bathroom and locker room, instead of the unisex bathroom she had used as a junior.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:52 AM

17,257 posts, read 15,446,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
Then you let her play on the girls basketball or volleyball teams. It's a game, not a sex show.

Has nothing to do with it being a "sex show," but moreso with the game being fair.
I can tell you from experience having played recreational ice hockey with both, men and women, that generally, men are far stronger, faster, and more brutal than women.

Maybe a male MMA fighter should cross-dress, put a wig on and say he feels like a girl just so that he can fight chicks? There's a good way to dethrone Ronda Rousey.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:52 AM

14,962 posts, read 12,173,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
She's not a male. Last I heard, the girls' bathroom is for GIRLS & she's a GIRL who just happens to have a penis. So she should be allows to use the girls' restroom, since she is a girl. Having a penis is irrelevant. What, do they ban girls with large clitorises from the girls' bathroom? Gimme a break!
Uhhhh, according to his genetics and anatomy, he is a male, who wants to be a girl. Last I checked not even PC can change the laws of nature. Once he has the gender reassignment surgery, he can legally be considered female, but not before.

That said, it seems the school has made provisions for individuals confused about their gender with the unisex bathrooms, and the article reports this kid has been using these bathrooms. With his insistence on using the girls' bathrooms, lockers or whatever, he is attempting to impose his will on others.

IMO he would be avoiding embarrassment to himself, as well as discomfort and consternation on the part of the teenage girls, if he just kept using the unisex facilities.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:55 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,311,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
"Gender Dysphoria" -- like Homosexuality and Bi-Sexuality -- is simply a human variation …

Again …
Biologically/embryologically, "male" and "female" exist on a continuum …
This is a fact.
Some people are uncomfortable learning this up close and personal. So, the natural common anxieties that many people have with sexuality in general … well, that is part of the deal, too …
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:57 AM

22,354 posts, read 29,470,487 times
He is wearing a wig, lipstick and girls clothing. I don't believe it for one minute..

Old 09-02-2015, 09:59 AM

8,252 posts, read 3,503,718 times
Quote:
She's not a male. Last I heard, the girls' bathroom is for GIRLS & she's a GIRL who just happens to have a penis. So she should be allows to use the girls' restroom, since she is a girl. Having a penis is irrelevant. What, do they ban girls with large clitorises from the girls' bathroom? Gimme a break!
Basic DNA check. If the person has xy chromosome than he is a male.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:01 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,616,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
A transgender teen used the girls

Is this nonsense going too far?

*Sigh*

'MURICA!!!
As a male, I've not used a woman's bathroom since I was around 3 years old... with mom.
Aren't each stall separated in a woman's bathroom?
Can you see anything in the stall next to yours?

I guess it's going to come down to having a single stalled bathroom that either sex can use...

The world is falling apart...

Old 09-02-2015, 10:03 AM

22,354 posts, read 29,470,487 times
I'm going to shave my hair off, draw on a mustache and put a big d***o in my pants and walk into guys bathrooms..

Old 09-02-2015, 10:03 AM

277 posts, read 292,178 times
Quote:
I'm a bicycle, I just don't have any wheels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events