Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,168,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Apparently you've never seen Chyna, the female wrestler.

Go google it and tell me where the penis/clitoris rule is then.
I've seen it before (this is common in female bodybuilders). She's still a woman, her clitoris is still a clitoris, and her DNA still contains XX chromosomes. But Chyna isn't trans, so she really has nothing to do with the trans debate.

The penis/clitoris rule is: men have penises, women have clitorises. Whether the genital tubercle develops into a clitoris or a penis is determined by the presence or absence of TDF, a protein that results from the SRY gene on the Y chromosome. Functionally speaking, the clitoris is strictly an organ of sexual pleasure, whereas the penis is used for urination and ejaculation in addition to sexual pleasure.

I hope that clears it up for ya.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:03 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,249,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
Keep hearing this word "continuum" from certain posters.Have they made a tv series about it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(TV_series)
They've made a movie about it - 50 shades of Grey.

I wish people weren't so strung up about sexuality.

The irony is, the exact same people having issues with transgenders are the same ones who are happy if every kid carries an Uzi.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I've seen it before (this is common in female bodybuilders). She's still a woman, her clitoris is still a clitoris, and her DNA still contains XX chromosomes. But Chyna isn't trans, so she really has nothing to do with the trans debate.

The penis/clitoris rule is: men have penises, women have clitorises. Whether the genital tubercle develops into a clitoris or a penis is determined by the presence or absence of TDF, a protein that results from the SRY gene on the Y chromosome. Functionally speaking, the clitoris is strictly an organ of sexual pleasure, whereas the penis is used for urination and ejaculation in addition to sexual pleasure.

...and a transgendered person has had corrective surgery to make an inappropriate clitoris into a penis, or vice versa....

I hope THATS clear for YOU, too.

Its no ones BUSINESS what someone has in their pants!!!!! Especially a school student!!!!

Old 09-02-2015, 04:05 PM

29,552 posts, read 14,693,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Lemme tell y'all a story -

quite a few years ago now, I was a gym junkie.

One of the girls was very gentle, softly spoken, feminine, with a bod to die for.

She quietly tiptoed in and out of classes, in and out of the locker room

Imagine my amazement when she confided she used to be male.

The most feminine, pretty, sexy woman in the place was transgender.

No one had a CLUE and I'll wager most if not all of you, already have transgendered kids at your own kids schools - you just don't KNOW IT.

These are women trapped in male bodies. The suffering from being transgendered is enormous, mostly because of folk judging harshly.

Can you imagine Caitlyn Jenner in the boys room? SERIOUSLY people??? She'd be beaten to a pulp by the next transgender confused idiot that came along.
Actually I'm sure Bruce/Caitlyn has been in a mens locker room...probably many more times than we have.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post

We were ALL transgender, in the womb.

Some fetuses hormones went wonky, through no fault of their own (being that they were fetuses) and they ended up born with the incorrect genitalia.

A bit like babies being born with extra thumbs. It happens. Fix it surgically when they're old enough for it to bother them>>>>Transgendered Person.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:07 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,684,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm 100% pro-equal rights for homosexuals...all the way...I wrote regular letters for ten years to my representatives supporting gay marriage, for example...but I don't "get" the whole transgender thing.

For example, I have no problem whatsoever sharing a bathroom or locker room with lesbians, even though they are sexually attracted to other women. I don't assume that every lesbian on Earth is trying to "convert" me; in fact, I'm sure 99.99% of them don't care. They're just using the facilities the same way I am.

Transgenders on the other hand...the ladies' room is not set up for an intact male. It's just not. Also, what's to stop a perv from cross-dressing and claiming to be transgender just to get into the ladies' bathroom or locker room? As tolerance of transgender people increases, the stigma of stating you're transgender is diminishing. What's to stop someone from doing that?

If I had a daughter in a high school where an intact pubescent biological male student wanted to use the same bathrooms and locker rooms as my daughter, I'd have a big problem with that.

Just being honest.
This is about transgenders, not homosexuals. They should not be confused with one another. Gays use restroom like straights do.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:10 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,935,673 times
Seems to me that if his claim is real then he should accept the fact he is different and stay away from both male and female bath rooms.
But he respects neither, and is after forcing his way to do what he really wants, and that is to be in the girls locker room.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:10 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,615,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Well, they all start out the same. Males begin to differentiate in the 8 to 12 week range, due to the actions of various androgens. In essence the clitoris becomes the penis. Without those androgens it stays a clitoris.

Gender is not a dichotomy. It's a continuum, a spectrum.
We're referring to people 15, 16, 17 years old, not developing embryos. All embryos actually start out female, then if it's going to be a male a gene switches on that dissolves the developing female organs and then male organs begin to grow. Anyway, it's totally irrelevant to the fact that teenage girls are entitled to a space of their own, whether this person feels female in his head or not. Gender as perceived by the brain may be a continuum but biological sex is not, and our school bathroom facilities have everything to do with the latter and not the former.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:26 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,046,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
No … It seems to me that transgender persons simply want to be -- openly -- who they are without being segregated into some *special* places and arrangements reserved only for *them* ...

As someone with a number of transgendered friends, mostly mtf and most post-op now, I can tell you that you hit the nail right on the head..... once one sees what my friends have had to and continue to endure from society, and even worse, their own families in many cases, you know that this is NOT a choice that they have made, but is who they are..... as CinderSlipper said, Born That Way.

I am made more hopeful by the strides in LGBT rights happening these days.... it has been far too long coming and I think once the people who are in their teens and 20's now start to take a more dominant position in society, acceptance and tolerance will be more the norm....

dissolving genitalia?? That is a new one..... LOL

Old 09-02-2015, 04:32 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,588,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
It's not "uncomfortable" for her; it's dangerous. And it's also uncomfortable for all the boys in that restroom. At least girls rooms all are individual stalls, no one really cares who's inside unless there's no extra mess
Girls's restrooms have individual stalls, but this is about a locker room, which usually do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events