Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 07:28 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,611,663 times

Advertisements

Many people seem only to be concerned with the feelings of the T girl in this scenario. It is a valid concern, but not the only concern. What about the feelings of the other girls?

I get it. this is a hormone driven teen that has determined he is a girl with a penis. Does that mean she is now sexless since she does not have the equipment to get a straight boy (and by popular vote is uninterested in a gay boy)? I know for a fact that she is not invisible or even discreet in the bathroom or locker room because at least one girl has reported an "intact male". This clearly indicates that there is insufficient privacy in the mixed environment to prevent exposure of genitals to each other.

I know that guys are curious at least to the point of comparing anatomy for personal status and teasing opportunities. I have been told that girls will compare anatomy as well to track development and will actually encourage friendly show and tell among friends. While none of this necessarily leads to any type of sexual activity, it is not something most people consider appropriate in a school setting between boys and girls. I don't think anyone is endorsing Playgirl centerfolds in the girls facilities, and this girls provides a live model for the time being even if she has no interest in using the equipment as it was intended. Lets even go so far as to accept that she is completely without sex drive or interest. The penis is there and is observable in a semi unsupervised setting in a school.

I agree there is nothing wrong with the human anatomy, but most will agree that teenagers are not the most appropriate audience for a live nude show. If we hold sexual interest as a deciding point for whether or not this is lewd, then I submit that gentlemens clubs and brothels are not lewd since most of the entertainers are definitely NOT interested in their clients in any way other than as a paycheck.

We all have decided that she has no sexual interest in the girls, but can we say the same about all of the other girls? It is a real live penis with no interest in a long term association or conquest. Seems pretty safe for exploration by a hormone driven teen girl with limited opportunities for such discovery.

It would seem that would be more detrimental to the fragile emotional state of the T girl than simply feeling segregated.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:28 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,680,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Yes … When I was a boy, my interests were in books and science and ideas … not in sports …

One of my male cousins derided me for this, convinced that I was "*****" …

*shrug* … Some macho guys seem to have issues with their own masculinity ...
Yes, still. This is learned behavior. I detest that a child will be put down for being sensitive, told not to cry for instance, which I think creates such a negative message, emotionally. Then we wonder why some males end up so screwy, due to relatives having called them weak, wussy, etc.

Just as it took time for girls to be able to compete in sports or enter male-dominated fields. Reminds me of when choosing to learn a musical instrument, it was not thought of as feminine for a girl to play drums, so I basically had the Clarinet decided for me. None of this should be Gender specific, since everyone has their own strengths and interests and has since changed a lot. There is still so much more to go, as we see here.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:37 AM

769 posts, read 783,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I am as weirded-out as you.
I wonder what's next?
Why? Did y'all base your opinion on movies like White Chicks, thinking that that's a documentary?

You need to know that some trans people are extremely successful in looking like their identity before demanding strict rules for gender specific facilities.

Because if you ignore this you'll support laws that force people like Buck Angel into using the ladies restroom and Carmen Carrera into using the mens restroom.

So you get exactly the opposite what you wanted. An extremely butch looking birth female with the ladies and an extremely femme looking birth male with the guys.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:39 AM

769 posts, read 783,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
He/She should use unisex facilities. She made a choice to become a He. Accept the fact that you're different and deal with it.
So what if there aren't any unisex facilities? I'd love to see your face if he goes to the same restroom as your daughter. Because after all, he is XX so he HAS TO USE the ladies restroom, right ?!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:46 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,598,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes, still. This is learned behavior. I detest that a child will be put down for being sensitive, told not to cry for instance, which I think creates such a negative message, emotionally. Then we wonder why some males end up so screwy, due to relatives having called them weak, wussy, etc.

Just as it took time for girls to be able to compete in sports or enter male-dominated fields. Reminds me of when choosing to learn a musical instrument, it was not thought of as feminine for a girl to play drums, so I basically had the Clarinet decided for me. None of this should be Gender specific, since everyone has their own strengths and interests and has since changed a lot. There is still so much more to go, as we see here.
Yes … Childhood is not easy and simple ...

Old 09-03-2015, 08:02 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Tricky, isn't it … ???

GLBT persons have "rights" too ...
Yes they do. But those rights end when they infringe on the girls.

Why must we provide a safe and tolerant place for a transgender, which results in a unsafe and dangerous place for the girls? They have rights too.

See how that works?

Old 09-03-2015, 08:21 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,646,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yes they do. But those rights end when they infringe on the girls.
^^^^^This.

The transgender person had access to appropriate facilities but CHOSE to make this an issue by infringing on the right of the other girls.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 AM

325 posts, read 487,228 times
Liberalism is a mental illness and this thread proves it.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:48 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,283,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Some of the posters in this thread are ascribing some evil motives and / or the potential for evil actions to this person, probably because they suspect they themselves would not have been able to resist indulging their own evil [rapey or at least skeavey] impulses.
^ I posted that, and here's a perfect example of it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
When I was in high school, I would have gladly worn a wig and women's clothes if it meant I could have hung out in an area with naked girls.
Moving on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
...it is hard for adults to get a grasp on this...
Yah, apparently. That's no excuse to quit trying though.

But as a matter of fact, I think adults, as a rule, are MORE resistant and MORE conservative (not politically) and LESS open to new ideas than are children or adolescents. Adults (some, anyway) become "set in their ways" and inflexible, their minds lack that neuro-plasticity, that ability to conceive of new paradigms, their pineal glands become calcified and they become kind of horrible people unable to think outside the box, clinging to the way things were because their brains lack the sufficient mechanical ability to form new pathways. We need adults to die off, and with them old ideas. Radical life extension would have a chilling effect on societal progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Reminds me of when choosing to learn a musical instrument, it was not thought of as feminine for a girl to play drums, so I basically had the Clarinet decided for me.
I remember that. Clarinet, oboe, flute, violin, French horn were for girls. Sax, trumpet / coronet, tuba, trombone, and percussion were for boys. A boy wanting to play the oboe was teased, just as a girl wanting to play the sax was teased. Such ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
...if you ignore this you'll support laws that force people like Buck Angel into using the ladies restroom and Carmen Carrera into using the mens restroom.

So you get exactly the opposite what you wanted. An extremely butch looking birth female with the ladies and an extremely femme looking birth male with the guys.
Excellent point, in a broader sense. Yet that seems to be the way people want it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Tolkienish Figure View Post
Liberalism is a mental illness...
I would say that insular, narrow-minded, dogmatic, paranoid, superstitious, inflexible thinking is a mental illness. I also agree with the character Rust Cohle that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain and dulls critical thinking.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 09-03-2015 at 08:56 AM..

Old 09-03-2015, 09:12 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,567,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
^^^^^This.

The transgender person had access to appropriate facilities but CHOSE to make this an issue by infringing on the right of the other girls.
That is being overlooked by the PC people. They want the school to design and build facilities for this person. That is ridiculous. A good idea is for the parents to pay for the facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events